I'm stranded in Bolivia under quarantine and have endless time so here's my little breakdown. Great album! As per most ABR records I find they usually have 4-5 bangers and 4-5 nice but non-rememberable tracks and for me this is no different. Regardless very enjoyable listen through. Bring on 320kbps!!
1. The Narrative - 4/5 - builds in intensity, great intro track highlighting the musical technicalality and heaviness of the record.
2. Bones - 4.5/5 - Tasty chorus which the song is pretty centered around, love the leads.
3. Paramount - 4.75/5 - Diverse: Heavy, Melodic, Technical, Sexyyy. The leads from 3:20-4:00 are a real highlight of the album for me.
4. Defender - 3.5/5 - The first falls into the 'forgettable ABR moments' for me but the from the breakdown onwards is redeemable; theres gonna be some broken noses in the pit!
5. Lighthouse - 3/5 - Softest song on the record, has some nice melodies, sounds like Dustin singing chorus's but one of the weaker songs for me.
6. Dismembered Memory - 3.5/5 - Another decent song, has a couple tasty riffs and chugs but not overly rememberable.
7. Ties That Bind - 4/5 - Nice melody which builds into that filthy, bouncey breakdown that ABR just perfect.
8. Bloodletter - 4/5 - mmm that last couple minutes of chug is very sonically pleasing.
9. Extinct by Instinct 3.5/5 - What ABR record would be complete without a JB interlude. Ill say its a rich song but doesn't grasp me too much.
10. Empty Heaven - 5/5 - Awesome bouncey leads which blend perfectly with heavy verses - pretty much a perfect ABR song. Will be really keen to get the lyrics to this.
11. Three Fountains - 3.5/5 A nice rich closer, dont care for the first couple minutes but it rounds off the album nicely.