Well, I was a bit disappointed by Immortalized, not that the album is bad, it was just, not what I was expecting from them, mostly the Churko's production ruined it for me here we go again, Churko back at his couch fucking up the lows and highs and it feels kinda METAL yet again, it's more Industrial than Nu...yet still it's catching up that 2000s feels mixed with what was actually good in Immortalized and a bit of new spices, so I'm pleasantly surprised, the ballads work really well too
But you got no 5 from me, sorry there was just not a song that kicked me off the chair and choked me on the ground
1. Are You Ready? (4/5) - As the first single, it took a while for me to comprehend the direction it goes, but I can say, it grown on me
2. No More (3.5/5) - No more, no more...no more, no more...is that chorus? Is that post-chorus? I mean, it's not bad, but the lyrics are kinda cringy and I guess used way too much already? No More politics in music, please
3. A Reason to Fight (4/5) - I always liked Disturbed ballads, this one is no different, gives me Believe vibes of that final emotional track, great song
4. In Another Time (4.5/5) - Oh, I see, we are riding the higher tides...the beginning is kinda confusing and the verses are Industrial, they give me weird DEVICE feeling but there is Nu-Metal core, I like this one a lot, even tho the chorus is a bit lacking, Ten Thousand Fists + The Sickness + Device...nuff said
5. Stronger on Your Own (3/5) - This had potential, sadly kinda wasted, because it's not very interesting track, to be honest, I was pretty bored listening to this, way too slow, heavier ballad? Bridge is interesting
6. Hold On to Memories (4/5) - In the beginning I asked myself, is this Dance Gavin Dance? xD I'm probably fucking retarded, but it reminded me of DGD...this ballad is yet again nice and enjoyable tho, I smell country influences, which is cool, don't get me wrong and David's voice is just soul caressing, 5 minutes of tearing up
7. Saviour Of Nothing (3/5) - I don't know what to say, it's just so weird, at first it feels like something from Asylum, then it's ruined by way too slow pace, then again it returns to Asylum...chorus is weirdly placed and overall I don't really understand the way he sings it, solo is nice tho
8. Watch You Burn (4/5) - Heavier ballad with unexpected shouts of older albums, also what is that orchestral part, I fucking love it as a whole, it's pretty good...definitely "evolution"
9. The Best Ones Lie (4.5/5) - This one is great, bridge section is interesting and solo is amazing :3 lyrics are a bit goofy, but weren't they always? Drainman just doesn't give a fuck what others say
10. Already Gone (4.5/5) - Can you just fuck me with your voice D? I'm not gay, but it's just a gift from angels, if this was the only ballad, I would give it a 5, but for me, there are just far too many, even tho they are good and this one beautiful chills indeed, girls intended, guys will know...ARE THEY ALREADY GONE?
11. This Venom (4.5/5) - What is that mosquito sound? It's screaming fucking Warning Sings at me...what does it mean? Sick Deja Vu indeed Drainman...why is it a deluxe track? Dem licks
12. Uninvited Guest (4/5) - Final ballad of this interesting ride, highest UUUUH instead of OH WAH AH AH AH beware, contains emotions and orchestra that's gonna bang your mind
SO MY VERDICT? Screw that live version and remix...remix is catchy, but why should I review it