Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

xcblackdiamond

Enter Shikari - The Spark (2017)

90 posts in this topic

iTunes Artwork for 'The Spark (by Enter Shikari)'

Leaked
Release - September 22, 2017

Genre - Alternative Rock / Electronic Rock

Quality - MP3 320kbps CBR; FLAC

Tracklist:

1. The Spark (00:49)
2. The Sights (03:20)
3. Live Outside (03:40)
4. Take My Country Back (03:43)
5. Airfield (04:52)
6. Rabble Rouser (04:25)
7. Shinrin-Yoku (04:15)
8. Undercover Agents (04:30)
9. The Revolt of the Atoms (04:44)
10. An Ode to Lost Jigsaw Pieces (05:57)
11. The Embers (00:48)

Total length: 41:03

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

Edited by Voinolin
320 & FLAC added!

Before anyone says it, this is absolutely listenable at 128kbps. Also this is one of my favorite releases of the year. Full review to come.

So I really love this album. Each song is very different from the next and they're all full of emotion and musical expertise. The electronics are scaled back a bit, but they're used more as another instrument and accents the rest, instead of being an overbearing focal point of the songs and I think it works better. The Sights is a great upbeat song with a happy chorus and solid use of the accented electronics I mentioned. Live Outside is more of the same and has a good message behind it and it definitely grew on me from being meh about it when it first released. Take My Country Back has one of Rou's best vocal performances imo, and the bridge during it is so cool and vibey, powerful chorus too. Airfield is beautiful, and reminds me of Dear Future Historians; some GREAT lyrics in here. Rabble Rouser is the only song to have electronics at the forefront but it was a nice change of pace and the song is just a great listen. Shinrin-yoku has great trumpets at the beginning and the whole nature/air related lyrics actually made me feel refreshed. Also the brief heavy part at the end was awesome. Undercover Agents utilizes the synths well and is just a staple ES song. I love The Revolt of the Atoms because of how cool the concept is and how well it's written, but maybe that's because I'm a chemist. Lastly, An Ode to Lost Jigsaw Pieces is just a simply beautiful ES song and Rou packs so much emotion into it. Lyrics like "I'll wait this out" and "we all cope somehow" are masterfully delivered. I can't say I'll like this more than Mindsweep but I still love it and will probably make my top 10. Solid 9/10 from these guys.

13 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Before anyone says it, this is absolutely listenable at 128kbps. Also this is one of my favorite releases of the year. Full review to come.

This  comment made me happy, I'm curious to see the review, gonna listen to this regardless. I'm so impressed how far these guys have come as a band.

17 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

not on my headset...

thanks uploader anyway this will do till 320 / flak comes

This album is definitely very different for them and has the least musical variation between the individual songs, but it's a huge grower. I was very underwhelmed at first but now that I listen to this album for what it is instead of for what I expected, it's really fucking good

Just now, XncsX said:

not on my headset...

thanks uploader anyway this will do till 320 / flak comes

Well of course it's gonna sound worse than a 320/FLAC would but for a 128, it's not bad. There are way worse sounding 128 kbps rips out there

InsidAero and XncsX like this

It always takes a listen to for an ES album to really lodge itself in my brain but this hits it straightaway.

The second half of An Ode to Lost Jigsaw Pieces hit me out of nowhere though, the most emotional Rou has ever sounded, total gut punch. So good.

I just got an email saying my vinyl shipped, I was hoping to see a 320 today, but 128 works. Will give it a whirl!

Kingdom Leaks you've done it again you sexy bastards. So excited to listen to this, thanks so much!

fuck at first i didnt think id like the album, couple hit or miss songs, but the last few songs are awesome. really love the album even though theyve toned down their screaming

If anyone is puzzled why they recognise the bit at 2:42 in 'Shinrin-Yoku' it's from the Interlude at Live at Milton Keynes!

I don't know if I like it.

There are a few songs that are better than expected, and there are a few songs that are incredibly boring. A few of them are growers, but this is the first Enter Shikari record that strikes me as incredibly underwhelming at first listen. Even The Mindsweep's weakest songs still struck me as meticulous and brilliant. There are songs on this record that make me wonder if they were written purely as filler.

Ccallawy34 and Stripedew like this

10 minutes ago, andydrew said:

If anyone is puzzled why they recognise the bit at 2:42 in 'Shinrin-Yoku' it's from the Interlude at Live at Milton Keynes!

Holy shit!

Could not be more hyped for this.

After a few listens I definitely think it's one of the better Shikari albums.