Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

Crash Bandicoot

Being As An Ocean - Waiting for Morning to Come (2017)

115 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, pizza said:

Honestly the only album that felt boring to me was the self titled. I think this one is a lot better. Still won't top Dear G-d and How we both wondrously perish.

I think Self-titled is incredibly catchy while mixing in some fierceness perfectly, Perish was also great but I don't like the first album at all, it feels barebones with decent lyrics

Dr. Thicc Dicc likes this

47 minutes ago, Dwesk said:

I think Self-titled is incredibly catchy while mixing in some fierceness perfectly, Perish was also great but I don't like the first album at all, it feels barebones with decent lyrics

I really couldn't get into the self-titled tbh, I only enjoyed the singles, the other songs sounded like they were written for HWBWP but didn't make the cut so they went to that record. But to each their own of course!

11 minutes ago, Dr. Thicc Dicc said:

Dude, you sure you got the right album? Only one of the songs is OK

lol this is exactly the joke I thought of when I read his comment

Dr. Thicc Dicc likes this

Decent little album. Can definitely tell a lot of emotion went in to this. That being said , these guys just cant/don't stick with me for whatever reason. I'll keep trying but eh. I think I prefer the original version of Dissolve too. 

Final note: having a song being completely reversed is so asinine and unnecessary lol. 

Dr. Thicc Dicc and BRDSX like this

I will say this album is different, and in a whole league of it's own, but I don't think I like this. Just a bit too experimental, and way too many interludes.

12 hours ago, bost42 said:

Writing back on this post to talk about that fucking DOPE pan Effect they use for like 2 seconds in glow after that drum fill. It's at like 3:20 in the song. Anybody else, or am I the only one that completely fucking loves it?

AYE

bost42 likes this

On 9/6/2017 at 11:12 AM, wdmccarthy93 said:

They pulled a Hundredth, didn't they? You never go Full Hundredth. Especially not a band that was as good as BAAO

What, you mean reinvent their sound successfully and create a fantastic record?

Dwesk likes this

1 minute ago, informalmoose3 said:

What, you mean reinvent their sound successfully and create a fantastic record?

Too real

Incredible album, i love the experimental/ambient vibe. I can't say what my favorite songs are, because this album is fantastic as a whole. 

LKA and Salvatore like this

I was so hyped by B&B and Thorns, I was expecting this sound all along. Some songs are decent, but I really don't like this record as a whole.

Absolutely adore this fucking album, like yeah listening through it front to back has some hurdles (but at the same time it gives it an even more of an epic vibe) like a 3 minute interlude or eB tahT srewoP ehT but the rest of the stuff is fucking brilliant and extremely unique in the scene, and the fucking 5 minute instrumental is such an impressive atmospheric, almost post-rock piece, fucking love it. Not a single mediocre "actual" song on it either, they're all so well done and produced, lyrics are also a highlight as it's always been with these guys.
I still think it won't be my AOTM considering the upcoming releases but holy fuck this is my fave release of September yet, bonus replayability points for it being such a standout sonically, not many bands do synths so fucking well as these guys just did, some A+ shit. 

Gave this a listen and have to say very pleasant. Awesome songwriting, even better vocals. All that ambience is incredible and something about that album artwork draws me in. Incredible album altogether. 

Salvatore and LKA like this

One long interlude. I don't care about a style change. Love the new Hundredth but this is just not enough music. Really am EP with 8 or 9 interludes around it. 

To be honest, IMO, this is the best album they've released. I love it front to back. Don't mind the interludes and I never listen to singles before an album drops so I heard all of these songs as new when the album released. It seems to be more of a concept album than anything though. There's definitely a story in every song and one big story that runs through the whole album. Kind of reminds me of when BMTH changed their sound to be more soft.

Salvatore likes this