Crash Bandicoot

Being As An Ocean - Waiting for Morning to Come (2017)

115 posts in this topic

thanks for the upload! this is their weakest album tho. letdown by this one. and whats up with every other track being an interlude? 

4 minutes ago, Nimue said:

thanks for the upload! this is their weakest album tho. letdown by this one. and whats up with every other track being an interlude? 

Agree

19 minutes ago, Nimue said:

My biggest gripe for sure. I like still and soft instrumentals every now and then but half this album is just that. 

I don't understand the negative reaction, it was pretty clear they were going to go in this ambient-y, atmospheric direction. The album's really good as a whole, definitely one where you have to listen to it in full with good headphones to enjoy the experience and all the different layers of ambiance. I think the interludes are far from filler and really add to the album instead of just being annoying songs that you'd skip. This is a great album to be sad to which is kinda what I expected from BAAO

I've listened 4 times and it's pretty cool. Didn't blow me away, but I enjoyed it enough to keep going back to it. The interludes are skillfully done and the album as a whole flows beautifully because of it, while playing off the more "normal" songs. Thorns and Glow are my favorites but every song is solid. Won't be an AOTY contender unless it really grows on me, but I can see myself coming back to it often during rainy drives and chill nights and that's all I wanted from this record.

4 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

I've listened 4 times and it's pretty cool. Didn't blow me away, but I enjoyed it enough to keep going back to it. The interludes are skillfully done and the album as a whole flows beautifully because of it, while playing off the more "normal" songs. Thorns and Glow are my favorites but every song is solid. Won't be an AOTY contender unless it really grows on me, but I can see myself coming back to it often during rainy drives and chill nights and that's all I wanted from this record.

Couldn't have said it better

Needs more interludes, amirite guys? Seriously though what were they thinking lol. Comes off as both boring and pretentious. I just went through and deleted all the songs that aren't actually songs. I'll listen to what's left later but I'm expecting to be let down.

I put a HQ reversed version of  "eB tahT srewoP ehT" in the Filecrypt so you guys don't have to fo it yourselves!

10 hours ago, Dan said:

o shit boys the edgy sometimes-lowercase-other-times-normal song titles

The only one that isn't capitalized normally is "The Powers That Be" backwards, so it's technically capitalized, too..

After listening to the album, i can get why people will upset for the amount of interludes the album has, but still this album is a refreshingly good, also Sudden, I was alone depressed more that what i already was, that track is powerful.

so a 2 year wait and a 3 or so month record label fiasco and we get a huge 14 track album (woo!?), that turns out to have 6 interludes, 1 song actually put in reverse, and 7 songs. and to top it off 4 of those 7 were released as promos/singles for the album as well, so in the end for those following the release we got 3 new songs.

I love BAAO, I love how chill the tracks are, 7 Amazing songs, but i still feel pretty dicked about being teased 14 tracks only to really get half of that :(
and I love their interludes as well, but i also really like the voices of the vocalists, y'know?

edit: sorry, 8 songs after @LKA hooked us up with the reversed version of the powers that be, the lazy people thank you

A beauty... what a beauty.. worth all the wait guys this is just beautiful... the names of the songs and every aspect of this record is so satisfying and dark.. thanks kl

Waiting for Interlude to Come:

1. Inter & Lude

2. Lude & Inter

3. Floating Through Interlude, They Seemed To

4. Inter

5. And Fade Away When Interlude Came

6. Itrld

7. As Though Each of My Interludes Would Slip Away

8. Interrlude

9. Interludes

10. edulretnI

11. Suddenly, I Was an Interlude

12. Interludetop

13. I Saw Before Me, A Bright Red Interlude, and Silently I Stood,

14. Waiting for Interlude to End

So, like... am I the only one who knew about the interludes all along or what? v: Ever since they showed us the tracklist back in May, it's been pretty obvious what we were getting, stoked either way.

3 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

So, like... am I the only one who knew about the interludes all along or what? v: Ever since they showed us the tracklist back in May, it's been pretty obvious what we were getting, stoked either way.

Lol we all knew there were going to be interludes, but its still dissapointing that they hype this up and the end product is 3 songs we havent heard while the rest were singles and interludes. 

I wonder if they're going to officially release The Powers That Be as a b-side or something, it's too damn good of a song for the mass of fans to miss out on.

Writing back on this post to talk about that fucking DOPE pan Effect they use for like 2 seconds in glow after that drum fill. It's at like 3:20 in the song. Anybody else, or am I the only one that completely fucking loves it?

I think having that much interludes and being placed every after track was a creative and artistic decision made by them. It's their record, they can pretty much do whatever they want with it. Can't wait to jam this tho. Stoked.

5 hours ago, Impurity said:

Lol we all knew there were going to be interludes, but its still dissapointing that they hype this up and the end product is 3 songs we havent heard while the rest were singles and interludes. 

Sooooo, if you knew it were going to be interludes the "only 3 songs we haven't heard" argument is invalid too, you knew that too ;-)

Their previous albums run circles around this, some of it is good but this is insanely bland and to be honest, strange.

Also, it doesn't matter how long the album is without the interludes, still entirely too many interludes.

Really loving this album. I have no problem whatsoever with the interludes, as it adds to the ambiance I think they were trying to go to. It feels like one of those long, sleepless nights where you look inside you and learn from yourself and your life, put into music. I don't know, I see how this is not for everyone, but it works for me. Easily my favourite album from them, only topped by How we both wondrously perish.

16 minutes ago, KatoMacabre said:

Really loving this album. I have no problem whatsoever with the interludes, as it adds to the ambiance I think they were trying to go to. It feels like one of those long, sleepless nights where you look inside you and learn from yourself and your life, put into music. I don't know, I see how this is not for everyone, but it works for me. Easily my favourite album from them, only topped by How we both wondrously perish.

Honestly the only album that felt boring to me was the self titled. I think this one is a lot better. Still won't top Dear G-d and How we both wondrously perish.

38 minutes ago, pizza said:

Honestly the only album that felt boring to me was the self titled. I think this one is a lot better. Still won't top Dear G-d and How we both wondrously perish.

Yeah, I felt the same about the self-titled. I really tried getting into Dear G-d, but I don't know, I just can't get too much into it. I love some of the songs in there listening to them separately, but listening the whole album feels a little bit heavy and chaotic to me...

2 minutes ago, KatoMacabre said:

Yeah, I felt the same about the self-titled. I really tried getting into Dear G-d, but I don't know, I just can't get too much into it. I love some of the songs in there listening to them separately, but listening the whole album feels a little bit heavy and chaotic to me...

Yeah I understand, I felt the same when I first started to listen to it haha but then it grew up on me, and since it was the first album I heard from them it eventually became my favorite.