Aria

PVRIS - All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Hell (2017)

57 posts in this topic

What an amazing week, starting with Turnover followed by Brand New and now PVRIS. Thanks!

The previous 2 are WAY better.

• Love 1

Other Releases by

The previous 2 are WAY better.

different strokes for different folks

different strokes for different folks

it obvious you love this album though, and I respect that, don't understand it but I respect it.

• Love 2

All of this hype made me download this. PRetty shitty album. Sounds like a wannabee Miley Cyrus album with guitars. :D 4/10

Not a good album IMHO, kinda dull, the songs coud've been shorter, and it lacks identity, the last one was not a "great" album, but at least had some memorable highlights.

• Love 1

Ayyy lez go. And are you the new Billy Mays labeling albums as "sex?" Lol thanks @Aria!

All of this hype made me download this. PRetty shitty album. Sounds like a wannabee Miley Cyrus album with guitars. :D 4/10

lol not sure if we listen to the same Miley Cyrus...

Ayyy lez go. And are you the new Billy Mays labeling albums as "sex?" Lol thanks @Aria!

That was honestly an accident! But, I ended up leaving it. Haha!

Incredibly underwhelming. I was pretty hyped for this album after hearing What's Wrong, turns out that that would be my favorite song. Every track except for What's Wrong and Winter was kind of a let down. I feel like too many songs sounded too similar, and had too similar of a structure. OR, maybe it'll grow on me after a while? Not a second coming, and not better than White Noise. 5/10

EDIT: I hope it grows on me though..... :|

Sounds like Halsey had a baby with the past few albums from Anberlin. It's pretty good but my one complaint is that I can't understand what Lyndsey is saying from time to time. The last album I could understand her clearly but this album she has a weird accent thing going on with the way she sings

• Love 2

so fucking good omg. I love lynn

YEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!! This brings smile back to my face!

On 19/08/2017 at 0:03 AM, Impurity said:

The thing about their debut was that most of the songs were simple and the structures were basic but really strong, powerful and vibing and the production was crystal clear, this album is great, but the production seems muddy and weird. I know they are going for a little different feel, but it feels all over the place. Anyways, solid album. I feel their debut was 8.5/10 and I'll give this a 7/10 because they still stand out

Agree

I love PVRIS. The debut was my favourite album of that year.

But this...

Everything is just so mediocre. It's not bad by any means. It just... it's something I'll listen to twice and don't touch again.

Several songs just sound like they're all one long song, but it's not even a good song. Lynn has fully adopted her weird 'sing/scream' thing that she's been doing live to avoid hitting high notes - she just does her weird little scream instead. And to me, it doesn't sound good. 

Half the time I cannot understand what the hell she is saying, and when I do, she is just repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Repetition is definitely the trend in this album. Songs like 'No Mercy' had potential but the choruses, especially lyrically, feel like an uninspired afterthought that's just repeating itself. 

The instrumentals are nice for the most part, but the vocal melodies just don't have that 'hook' that most of White Noise had. The singles, particularly Winter, are probably the only ones with a strong vocal hook.

White Noise for me was 9/10. 

This is 5/10 at best.

• Love 2

eeeep! been waiting to have a sneak peek of the new album! thanks KL!  

This is full of bangers :DDDDD

7 hours ago, ilz said:

This is full of bangers :DDDDD

d29b5211ee76d56023f7522d364d3cde--humor.

• Love 1

Oh yeah have I mentioned how fucking cool of a sound change this is? White Noise already was alt.rock done right and I fucking adored the two deluxe tracks (which now make even more sense) with their added in emotion and atmosphere, and a much more mellow vibe. This album is what I'd call alternative/dark pop/edm and I fucking love what they done with it, especially once again the more atmospheric tracks like Walk Alone and Separate. The production is so fucking cool throughout the album, they truly outdid themselves in the electronics/synths/whatever-the-fuck department. It's not a fantastic record but definitely great and unique. Good job, Lane Goon & Crew.

• Love 1

People seem pretty split on this, some loving it and some thinking it's mediocre at best...claiming their first album was their best. But if they released essentially a White Noise Pt 2....the same people would be saying they "didn't grow" and "didn't change their sound, didn't try enough new things, etc." IMO, this is exactly what I expected from their follow up to White Noise. It's similar enough to still sound like PVRIS, but different enough for them to grow as a band and experiment with their sound and what kinda music they want to produce and put out there.

If anything, the songs that weren't released as singles are the far better tracks off the album. Same Soul, No Mercy,  Separate, Nola 1, Walk Alone. Mixed with the singles they released, I think it makes it a great album as a whole.

It's a solid 8.5/10 - 9/10 for me 

Thank you for FLAC! Hope there's a FLAC format for new Turnover also.

I don't know what to think about this release. Some tracks are really good, but at the same time I have difficulty to go through it entirely because after a few tracks, everything starts to sound the same (and it's only 10 songs xD). Maybe it's the effects, too much effects, too many ethereal pop songs with beats (I feel that White Noise was more diverse). Maybe it'll grow on me tho.

AMAZING. this album grows on you