Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

Aria

PVRIS - All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Hell (2017)

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

600x600bb.jpg

Release - August 25, 2017

Genre - Alternative Rock, Pop Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR; FLAC

'Thanks for sharing @HelloDarkness

Tracklist:

1. Heaven (04:14)
2. Half (04:29)
3. Anyone Else (04:35)
4. What’s Wrong (04:58)
5. Walk Alone (05:12)
6. Same Soul (03:46)
7. Winter (03:46)
8. No Mercy (03:59)
9. Separate (04:18)
10. Nola 1 (03:38)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes / Pre-order

Edited by Voinolin
FLAC added!

This album is pretty spectacular. They stripped some of the more pop, up-beat elements for a heavier focus on synth and the dark vibe they go for. I thought that was a bold move, but it worked out really well. I think it took away from part of why people loved Pvris, but also built on a different reason why people love Pvris. A 50/50 mix of both styles would've been nice, but that would've taken away from their vision and artistic focus of the album. I think this will fit nicely into their discography and it has a lot of really good songs. Anyone Else, What's Wrong, Walk Alone, Winter, and Separate are all favorites (Walk Alone being my #1 favorite). Lynn really improved since White Noise, as did the whole band. I think White Noise will remain my preferred album but this fills a different void for when I want to listen to something like this and they do it better than most bands. I just miss things like the bridge in My House for example, but like I said, that wouldn't fit for this record. Strong top 10 contender for the year imo, well done Pvris. Solid 8-8.5/10 depending on my mood.

Oh and the harp throughout the album is consistently beautiful.

WILDFIR3_, Impurity, Aria and 6 others like this

If it's not clear that PVRIS is my favorite band, I'll still make my mark on this thread:
In addition to what @xcblackdiamond said in his beautifully-written review, PVRIS didn't disappoint me even a little. Lynn's voice will be the soundtrack I always come back to just like it was in White Noise. It's lovely to see Lynn expressing her harp-playing skills as well as a different perspective of lyricism; my biggest gripe with White Noise was that every song was about "ghosts" and it made a lot of the songs sound similar. 

Currently really enjoying Nola 1, because I love the prominent guitar riff and the lyrics, but that will undoubtedly change in days at most. I really do love this band and I can't wait for my pre-order package to show up!

oh boyyyyyy im on walk alone and my this feels different to white noise but good at the same time like it has the signature pvris sound just less in your face and more honed in 

Amazing album, was hoping for some more darker stuff rather than love songs, but they fucking killed it. Obvious maturity and Lynn has grown a lot. Harp was a beautiful touch.

Aria likes this

Musically it's a great record. I need to look up the lyrics in the next couple days to a few different songs though. Namely Walk Alone.

This really worth listening to?

It is ok, previous album is better. Should still listen though, it is isn't the second coming as most make it seem.

bost42 likes this

sounds pretty good so far, maybe it can make up for my august excitement in the peace and the panic

OH MY FUCKINH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! IV BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR FOR THIS MOMENT!!!!!. I CANT WAIT TO LISTEN :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The thing about their debut was that most of the songs were simple and the structures were basic but really strong, powerful and vibing and the production was crystal clear, this album is great, but the production seems muddy and weird. I know they are going for a little different feel, but it feels all over the place. Anyways, solid album. I feel their debut was 8.5/10 and I'll give this a 7/10 because they still stand out

Wolveix and Gamefanatic like this

What an amazing week, starting with Turnover followed by Brand New and now PVRIS. Thanks!