Sign in to follow this  
Lord Kingdom

Brand New - Science Fiction (2017)

74 posts in this topic

What if this is the version the band "ditched" and we haven't heard the REAL new Brand New album?

Funny you say that, I literally just spent a while on FB disproving this, but I don't wanna try and explain it again so I'm gonna copy and paste what I said there to here:

it'd be amazing if there was another album, but on the other hand it doesn't make sense. This can't be a demo because it's too well-polished, and there's no reason for them to put Mene or IAAN (which sucked anyway oops) onto the album because that'd just be wasting space on songs we've already had for at least a year. There are so many references on this album about it being their last, including the outro of Batter Up. This isn't demos, and it's highly unlikely that this is just a 'scrapped album' that they released 'just because'. The only thing that hints at another release is that P!MT registered for two releases this year, PMT-009 and PMT-010, but I think PMT-010 is more likely to be a 7" or a live album or something. But I think that if people go around expecting another album, we're going to play ourselves the same way that the Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar fanbases played themselves. Stop expecting more, take this for what it is, and if you're wrong, be pleasantly surprised.

• Love 3

Same Logic is my fav track. wish it had some more up tempo tracks

Does this leak come with complimentary razor blades for easy self-harm? :D

20953898_10159364964715372_666103085822755879_n.jpg

Are you sure? Its been discovered the album art for this album was used back in 2012 or something for a different album. The girl is like 17 or something now.

Honestly not a fan of BN, but will check their new stuff

I would say that this is really the only legitimate contender for AOTY that I've heard thus far. I'm not going to say it's their best on only two listens, but certainly their most mature and sprawling. Really an incredible effort that I wasn't really expecting to ever actually come out. 

On 8/18/2017 at 2:45 PM, Ossy33xxx said:

20953898_10159364964715372_666103085822755879_n.jpg

pretty sure this is not correct. 

8 hours ago, Smash_Adams said:

your right. it was found the photo is from a swedish photographer Thobias Faldt, that writes science fiction stories

On 19/8/2017 at 4:13 AM, andrewmarjoram said:

Are you sure? Its been discovered the album art for this album was used back in 2012 or something for a different album. The girl is like 17 or something now.

On 21/8/2017 at 11:20 PM, Smash_Adams said:

Can't get a joke, can't you?

This is so good! I have missed Brand New.

• Love 1

I can't get enough of this album.