Aria

Neck Deep - The Peace and the Panic (Target Deluxe) (2017)

92 posts in this topic

Been waiting for this one, thanks KL <3

1061815.png

Other Releases by

YEEES!! Thank you so much, been anticipating this album for a while now, cant wait to give it a listen.

okay, but I just wanna know if Target is selling the CD right now on accident three days early from release

my ass is ready to speed over to target right now

After listening to this album 3 times through, I can confirm that I absolutely love it! -- I really, really, like the pacing.

Also, "Wish You Were Here" is fucking heartbreaking.

My Top 5:

5. Parachute

4. In Bloom

3. Wish You Were Here

2. Critical Mistake

1. Happy Judgement Day

10 hours ago, TheDevilIsALiarIAmTruth said:

So when did Sum 41 change their name and move to the UK?

Wow, you serious?

STYGKL_1.gif

8 hours ago, CameronKilljoyy said:

I loved LNOTGY, but this is leagues better. Such an amazing evolution of sound. So much more confident, varied, and experimental. Absolutely love this, and yeah, In Bloom is one of my favorite songs of the year so far. 

You're a funny guy

Yeeesssssssss

Well, it's definitely not the last album...

I can't say i'm disappointed, i knew that to expect, this is not LNOTGY. It's still an amazing album from the best pop punk band in the world! Sadly, songs like "Heavy Lies" or "19 Seventy Sumthin'" are songs i will probably never listen again. But overall, the album is fun and varied.

3 best songs : In Bloom, The Grand Delusion, Where do we go when do we go. Honourable mention to the bonus songs which are pretty darn good.

STYGKL_1.gif

Bonus tracks are better than the album. Only pop punk songs are the 3 first singles and the bonus tracks

sweet thanks

I'd like to thank this forum for bringing up LNOTGY so much on this thread; I've since checked it out and can't stop jamming it! 

• Love 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Been waiting for this, Thank you and God bless !

Really enjoying the album but lyrics like "I think I would rather be anybody else but me" had me like:

giphy.gif

P.S what do y'all mean only the 3 first singles are pop punk? Parachute's lyrics are about wanting to get out of your town, what's more pop punk than that? lol

You're all like the people who says that a song it's not punk if it doesn't have distorted guitars and 3 chords.

11 hours ago, Parmersan said:

After listening to this album 3 times through, I can confirm that I absolutely love it! -- I really, really, like the pacing.

Also, "Wish You Were Here" is fucking heartbreaking.

My Top 5:

5. Parachute

4. In Bloom

3. Wish You Were Here

2. Critical Mistake

1. Happy Judgement Day

I really enjoy Wish You Were Here, it is pretty sad though 

7 hours ago, Stefanobras said:

P.S what do y'all mean only the 3 first singles are pop punk? Parachute's lyrics are about wanting to get out of your town, what's more pop punk than that? lol

You're all like the people who says that a song it's not punk if it doesn't have distorted guitars and 3 chords.

80% of all the songs across every single genre today are about missing/hating your ex-girlfriend, and so there are even many hip-hop/rap songs from the streets that are about wanting to get out of your hood cause u probably get shot tomorrow. Holy, whats more pop punk than that? lol. Telling you a little secret: There are people that enjoy some kind of music for other reasons than you do, so you shouldn't tell them what they should to enjoy and what not. That's just not smart.

I must admit some part of me was quite afraid of the result but hey, it's Neck Deep !

Very, very good album, I'll probably be jamming to this one for months, In Bloom and A9 seventy sumthin' are summer AF !

I been trying to listen to this album as if it was a pop rock album. It is that, it's not the pop punk band we knew anymore. Hopeless records try to evolve their bands after one or two records. But nineteen seventy somethin is about Ben's Dad, rip man. 

4 hours ago, thomas.peyrache said:

I must admit some part of me was quite afraid of the result but hey, it's Neck Deep !

Very, very good album, I'll probably be jamming to this one for months, In Bloom and A9 seventy sumthin' are summer AF !

Nineteen seventy somethin' was a blatant song about the death of Ben's dad, nothing feels more like summer than that, right?

1 hour ago, • ͜ • said:

Nineteen seventy somethin' was a blatant song about the death of Ben's dad, nothing feels more like summer than that, right?

Agreed

Good to hear they are trying new things. Has some pop songs but it also has some solid pop-punk songs. Sam Carter guest spot was on point. We need more metalcore vocalists in pop-punk songs.

5 hours ago, • ͜ • said:

What if I told you that I'm not an English native speaker and when I'm listening to a new record I'm not really focusing on lyrics ?

So yeah in terms of atmosphere, it feels like summer, maybe spring if you prefer, but hey it's not because lyrics are dark that the music has to be, have you heard the last Linkin Park album ?

PS : bashing people isn't always the answer, I never attacked you so if you want to tell me that this song is about Ben's father's passing, you can tell me without being patronizing, seems about right.

<3

10 hours ago, stickup said:

80% of all the songs across every single genre today are about missing/hating your ex-girlfriend, and so there are even many hip-hop/rap songs from the streets that are about wanting to get out of your hood cause u probably get shot tomorrow. Holy, whats more pop punk than that? lol. Telling you a little secret: There are people that enjoy some kind of music for other reasons than you do, so you shouldn't tell them what they should to enjoy and what not. That's just not smart.

I was just messing around but ok

Honestly, I've loved all of ND's albums. LNOTGY was one of my favourites last year, and I feel like this one will be one of my favourites this year too. 

I wasn't expecting this to "be better" than any album because that just sets you up for dissappointment. Even though this is alot softer/mellow, it's still CLEARLY neck deep, and fuck it's good.

-Also, Ninety Seventy Something is amazing. The lyrics and the way the song switches toward the end is so smart. Also suprised he wrote a more upbeat/happy song regarding his Dad. 

I personally love this. 

• Love 1