Aria

Neck Deep - The Peace and the Panic (Target Deluxe) (2017)

92 posts in this topic

Please dont hate me. It feels like im listening to simple plan lol

• Love 2

"It's just noise"

13232.png

Other Releases by

21 minutes ago, A Bale of Turtles said:

never, literally the only Sum 41 style is the artwork, far from it when it comes to the music.

Literally sounds like Sum 41. Its noticible on Happy Judgment Day more than other tracks. Not a bad thing regardless.

10 minutes ago, ezraxcore said:

Please dont hate me. It feels like im listening to simple plan lol

Or old Sum 41 lmfao

Finally! Been so stoked to hear this!! =] This album and For The Win are my most anticipated albums this month - after that Seaway and Counterparts 

giphy.gif

Better than most pop-punk albums out there, but not as good as LNOTGY which is probably my favorite pop-punk album ever, so I wasn't expecting it to beat it. This album is great though, Ben is a top tier lyricist and his vocal melodies have gotten much better and varied. Instrumentals took a step down in energy and substance imo but the drumming is still solid. Favorites are Happy Judgement Day, Parachute, In Bloom, and Where Do We Go When We Go, with In Bloom honestly being one of my favorite songs of the year.

• Love 5

I'd have to say my favorites at the halfway mark is Happy Judgment Day, Parachute, In Bloom & Don't Wait. Who was saying Sam didn't scream in Don't Wait? Lmfao I feel like I'm listening to an old Sum 41/Simple Plan album more than a Neck Deep one. Good album, but like everyone's been saying, its no LNOTGY

1 hour ago, Mattsux666 said:

This album is soft pop rock not even pop punk anymore besides the singles, rest of the album felt so soft besides Sam Carters monster vocals

I agree seems really soft and mellow 

• Love 1

Fuck yeah excited to check this out. Lovedddd Wishful Thinking. The last album not so much. Way too predictable lyrically. Hope this has some different tastes in the mix. LOVE Sum 41 and Simple Plan so this should be good. B)

53 minutes ago, TheDevilIsALiarIAmTruth said:

Literally sounds like Sum 41. Its noticible on Happy Judgment Day more than other tracks. Not a bad thing regardless.

Nope

• Love 1

brdsx.gif

Not into Pop-Punk anymore, but I might give this a chance, since everyone loves it and I'm curious about the Sam Carter feat.
Edit: It is good. Happy Judgement Day, The Grand Delusion and In Bloom are my favorites.

1 hour ago, A Bale of Turtles said:

You don't listen to much pop rock

Probably the wrong term but soft pop punk maybe? Just doesnt have that feel like LNOTGY and Wishful Thinking had

I can see where people are getting Sum 41/Simple Plan vibes; I, too, am getting them. But let's all stop comparing and just enjoy the music :)

• Love 2

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Only band that sounds like Sum 41 is Sum 41. Funny how artwork can influence "sound". If you don't have Deryck Whibley,you don't sound like Sum 41, that about sums it up.

brdsx.gif

35 minutes ago, Aria said:

I can see where people are getting Sum 41/Simple Plan vibes; I, too, am getting them. But let's all stop comparing and just enjoy the music :)

At least I'm not crazy lmfao but agreed, thank you by the way

Just now, TheDevilIsALiarIAmTruth said:

At least I'm not crazy lmfao but agreed, thank you by the way

You're super welcome! Enjoy the tunes!

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

26 minutes ago, A Bale of Turtles said:

Only band that sounds like Sum 41 is Sum 41. Funny how artwork can influence "sound". If you don't have Deryck Whibley,you don't sound like Sum 41, that about sums it up.

Wow. Such a compelling argument, not like there's a chance they were influenced by Sum 41 while working on this album, but okay buddy. Whatever floats your goat lmfao

Some favorites from a casual fan:

• In Bloom
  • Critical Mistake
  • Don't Wait ( <3 Sam Carter)
  • The Grand Delusion

I loved LNOTGY, but this is leagues better. Such an amazing evolution of sound. So much more confident, varied, and experimental. Absolutely love this, and yeah, In Bloom is one of my favorite songs of the year so far. 

1 hour ago, Aria said:

I cant thank you enough ! Have a good day you beautiful human being

• Love 1

"It's just noise"

13232.png

Who cares about it's genre, this is fucking gold for me!! Thanks for the leak! <3

2 hours ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Better than most pop-punk albums out there, but not as good as LNOTGY which is probably my favorite pop-punk album ever, so I wasn't expecting it to beat it. This album is great though, Ben is a top tier lyricist and his vocal melodies have gotten much better and varied. Instrumentals took a step down in energy and substance imo but the drumming is still solid. Favorites are Happy Judgement Day, Parachute, In Bloom, and Where Do We Go When We Go, with In Bloom honestly being one of my favorite songs of the year.

Truth homie, love that they expanded on LNOTGY one of my fav ever, even if it may not compare to it its amazing in its own ways

FxSom2A.jpg

5 hours ago, A Bale of Turtles said:

Loved Man Overboard

Love Christian Bale

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Oh man didn't even hear the bonus tracks yet but it's so weird how they released the more energetic singles (besides In Bloom) and then the rest of the album was unexpectedly mellow, it ain't even bad but just such a big bamboozle, I gotta say most of the songs are still catchy af and the acoustic one is dank just like December (thought I think that one's better) but the fucking Sam Carter one was somehow more energetic and catchier than the rest before the scramz even come in. I dunno if I wanted them down this path as LNOTGY was one of the best pop punk albums of the last 5 years and this will definitely not have as much lasting value, but who knows, still gotta hear the bonus tracks.
Edit: Bonus tracks are actually really enjoyable, love Worth It, very catchy.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Wow, this is pretty disappointing.

I'm no genre basher or something; there'r plenty of good pop-rock/alternative bands out there that i listen to.

Neck Deep won't be one of them, tho you could've expected something like this to happen since their last album was kind of their breakthrough.

Can't blame them for changing/improving their taste in music and settle for a bigger clientele. And well, look at ATL's newest music...

Candidate nr. 1 this year for getting lost somewhere on my computer and being found months later like "Well, not as bad as i thought it was".

Downloads before work...keeps staring at the file sitting there on my phone. 

Curse these ten hour shifts

Not too huge into these guys but I did really dig In Bloom, I'll give this a listen.

Love this.

I wasn't disappointed with a single track.

I prefer Life's Not Out To Get You... but solid record.