xcblackdiamond

Wage War - Deadweight (2017)

129 posts in this topic

It was either this or Emoji Movie

Other Releases by

17 hours ago, jbellaire said:

Now that the suspense is gone we have nothing to look forward to...

So I guess PARIS for you is only a beautiful city 

Guest efeesh
9 hours ago, Six Souls x said:

This is fucking incredible. I had high expectations for this album, but I never expected it to this good. It's better by like 100 fold. Still yet to decide a favourite song, but I really like MGIMTD as it stands.

I think it's just as good as Blueprints so far, if not better. I just hope it holds up two years from now like Blueprints has

This sums up exactly what I think. There's so many more interesting guitar riffs and every song on the album is very different as compared to blueprints where mostly every song had a pretty similar vibe. This album totally rips!

Proper 320 and FLAC added!

• Love 3

Nowhere near as good as Blueprints, still best band in the history of music, even before music was a thing they were the best.

• Love 3

10 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

Do you not like quality Metalcore my dude? I'd put it right up there with ABR, PWD, TGI, etc, etc. Solid stuff. But by all means if it's not your cup of tea you don't have to indulge. 

My 3rd fave album of last year was Fit For A King's "Deathgrip", and that is a heavy af album. ABR's newer stuff is good, and never really got into PWD or TGI. Currents and Kingdom of Giants is where it's at though. So it just depends for me. 

This band though, just sounds like any generic, local, and unsigned metalcore, which doesn't sound like quality to me.

• Love 3

Good quality metalcore two weeks in a row. I've been hyped after hearing stich months ago and they pulled through with the album. Looks like I'm going to have to give blueprints a shot. 

Liked Blueprints, like this even more. Deadweight has its harder hitting and softer songs, and as efeesh said before, this is more diverse on the guitar front. For fave I must go with the heaviest song, Disdain, but I loved Don't Let Me Fade Away as well right when it came out as a single.

2017 is such a strong year and we still have new August Burns Red, Stick To Your Guns (True View <3), PVRIS, My Ticket Home, Thy Art Is Murder, Counterparts ahead of us plus a slight chance of new Parkway Drive.

ofySGB.png

• Love 1

The guys have done it once it again. This beats Blueprints for me and I wasn't sure if it would. There's just a lot more variety on this album than on the last as incredible as that one was. I'm glad to see they gave use several different types of tracks on this album while still keeping it Wage War. This'll be on repeat for the longest time. WAGE WAR MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, NightAngel said:

My 3rd fave album of last year was Fit For A King's "Deathgrip", and that is a heavy af album. ABR's newer stuff is good, and never really got into PWD or TGI. Currents and Kingdom of Giants is where it's at though. So it just depends for me. 

This band though, just sounds like any generic, local, and unsigned metalcore, which doesn't sound like quality to me.

Hmm. Well I understand that to be honest. I didn't get into PWD until their Deep Blue album. I would always see the name and merch and just shrug it off. Then one night I saw Deep Blue Full Album in my related vids so I clicked it with the mindset "I'm gonna listen to it fully" that album made them my favorite band. Got all their early stuff now too.

Fit For A King is good. Been into them for a long time so I feel you on that. Kingdom of Giants are pretty good, been a fan of theirs ever since the OG vocalist and their Abominable album if memory serves me right. They kinda had to find their groove again with the new vocalist but now they are well tuned. And I'm glad they're finally getting some more attention than they used to when I first started listening to em lol. I also like almost everything from ABR. I like their growth and refinement they've gone through. To be honest I only get into certain Counterparts songs and idk why honestly. Everything I'very listened to is usually solid.

I'm hopeful that Feed Her To The Sharks will release another album sooner or later.

Btw I think to say it's generic is a tad off. I mean I understand your opinion fully but as someone who's been listening to the Metalcore genre develop and grow for over 10 years or so it sounds pretty good. Though I guess for the sake of conversation I can understand your opinion because it sounds like a lot of  Metalcore nowadays so I guess inot that sense you could call it generic/modern Metalcore. And I respect that opinion. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't more hyped for PWD and ABR but I dig Wage War all the same. Cheers m8.

• Love 1

I've listened to this 3 times in a row today and yesterday
I think everyone has spoken for me already. This is unbelievable.

Listened a few times and I really enjoyed it, BUT, definitely not an AOTY as of yet (maybe its grower...ha....who knows). Solid 8/10 as of right now. Gravity, Indestructible and Johnny Cash are amongst my favorites for sure. Indestructible takes the cake because its all around perfect, and when they play the last chorus a whole step up sold me. I love when bands do that lol. 

Holy FUCK this album is 100% flawless. Best metalcore of 2017 so far for sure..

Guest jaimee1996

Idk.. this album isn't memorable for me. Blueprints was amazing. It's one of my favorite albums. This album is good but I don't really want to listen to it more than once. I'd give it a 6.5/10. I don't wanna say it but it's too generic for me. Also I do agree that Wage War is getting to be a tad bit overrated.

On 8/3/2017 at 7:14 AM, Crash Bandicoot said:

Every band is overrated in some way, shape or form. 

Well that was a waste of a post.

Album is quite good, still not greatness but feel like they just amped it up a notch in all departments and released another really solid well-rounded metalcore album that can be extremely catchy and melodic or balls to the wall heavy when necessary, not bad, not fantastic either. Pretty sure I like it more than Bliueprints tho, but not by much.

• Love 2

Guest • ͜ •

Lol when band's fans generate a lot of hype they're instantly considered "overrated" now.

The cleans still suck in my opinion but at least they're catchy this time. I think this is one of those bands that would be a lot better without clean vocals. I love the heavy parts but it's the same problem I have with Miss May I. I hate those high pitched cleans with those lows. But Im sure others love it. Just not for me. Besides that I love their sound. Stitch is GREAT.

As much as i love the hell out this album, does anyone else hear slipknot's the heretic anthem riff in disdain? Or is it just me. Still a banger of an album. Not a good as blueprints to me yet, but close.

38 minutes ago, damonrocks said:

As much as i love the hell out this album, does anyone else hear slipknot's the heretic anthem riff in disdain? Or is it just me. Still a banger of an album. Not a good as blueprints to me yet, but close.

yeah I hear it too, in generell this song sounds like a huge slipknot tribute

2 hours ago, dvsr said:

The cleans still suck in my opinion but at least they're catchy this time. I think this is one of those bands that would be a lot better without clean vocals. I love the heavy parts but it's the same problem I have with Miss May I. I hate those high pitched cleans with those lows. But Im sure others love it. Just not for me. Besides that I love their sound. Stitch is GREAT.

While I disagree that the cleans suck, I agree that the tracks where they were not used were the best, at least to me

• Love 3

I'm hearing a 'This or the Apocalypse' riff in Indestructible, anyone else?

Okay after further listens, I might have to say, atleast for me that Blueprints will remain as the better album over this one. This album is astounding to say the least, but as a whole, I feel Blueprints captured this insane magic that feels like an unstoppable force the whole listen of the album through and this one didn't. Deadweight has some gems for sure, but there are moments that I feel they kinda(?) held back and I i felt bored on some of the choruses. Don't get me wrong, they go hard as hell in songs like Disdain and others, but half of this album felt a little dry on some parts of the songs. The lyrical content is still there and is amazing as always, but this is how I stand with it now.

Deadweight is still an AOTY contender for me, but of the two, Blueprints has that perfect debut feel to it that can't be touched.

• Love 2

Guest jaimee1996
20 hours ago, • ͜ • said:

Lol when band's fans generate a lot of hype they're instantly considered "overrated" now.

not really.. I don't consider Knocked Loose to be overrated and they have a lot of hype surrounding them right now. Wage War is a great ass band no doubt but the hype for them is real. Not saying that they don't deserve it but they are becoming overrated. 

Album is good but there's an overwhelming amount of "AOTY Contender" posts as opposed to the amount of same posts in last week's gems. :shrug:

the lyrics in Johnny Cash. Lmao.

Guest jaimee1996
7 hours ago, Dwesk said:

Album is good but there's an overwhelming amount of "AOTY Contender" posts as opposed to the amount of same posts in last week's gems. :shrug:

The hype is real. There's a whole bunch of albums this year that will get overlooked because of Wage War and ABR