xcblackdiamond

Wage War - Deadweight (2017)

129 posts in this topic

My Grave Is Mine To Dig is definitely the best song here. I still think they're super overrated but this is a good album. 

• Love 1

Other Releases by

27 minutes ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

My Grave Is Mine To Dig is definitely the best song here. I still think they're super overrated but this is a good album. 

>Overrated

>Obsessed with TAS

nice  

• Love 6

17 minutes ago, claudio said:

zippyshare link is dead

Good thing there's a different file host to use

• Love 1

Planning to get into this band to prepare for Self Help fest. Definitely going to wait for a legit 320 to listen though, Blueprints seems to be better than this overall maybe?

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, mew151 said:

Planning to get into this band to prepare for Self Help fest. Definitely going to wait for a legit 320 to listen though, Blueprints seems to be better than this overall maybe?

It is better than blueprints 

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Good thing there's a different file host to use

i know, i said it to let know it. But it seems to have been useless. anyhow thanks for the leak. great job as always.

• Love 1

Guest efeesh
43 minutes ago, mew151 said:

yeah i personally think it's better than blueprints. barely, but better imo.

This album lives up to everything i thought it would be and more! Wage War is bad ass. Ive seen them twice live. Blueprints is one of my fav albums of all time. And im really loving this one. Disdain...DAMN!!! Love them all though. On my 3rd spin...

1 hour ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

Overrated? lol watchu meeeeeeean

My Grave Is Mine To Dig is a fucking banger. Whole album rules honestly. Thanks as always, guys.

Anyone getting a slight skip on Indestructible? Not sure if its my phone playing tricks on me or if the track is messed up. Fucking killer album though! Thanks :D

16 minutes ago, lapizza said:

Anyone getting a slight skip on Indestructible? Not sure if its my phone playing tricks on me or if the track is messed up. Fucking killer album though! Thanks :D

I think it's just your phone man, I just listened to it and didn't notice any skips or anything like that.

2 minutes ago, bornofallison said:

Is this heavier or softer than Blueprints?

Its definitely heavier, give it a listen. It's a more amped version of their debut.

6 hours ago, TheHunteraciaStrain said:

What do you mean when you say they're overrated?! Because if you base your evaluation of Wage War on more than the fact that this band is basic metalcore it can't really be justified... You can't compare apples with oranges. Lyrically, vocally, instrumentally and their live performances are all amongst some of the best I ever heard in metalcore. The main vocalist is a freaking beast. It is your opinion tho, I'd just like you to elaborate why so. I like to have conversations about music you see. I totally respect the fact that you think so btw, I'm just really curious to hear(read of course) a different view on this band.

This is fucking incredible. I had high expectations for this album, but I never expected it to this good. It's better by like 100 fold. Still yet to decide a favourite song, but I really like MGIMTD as it stands.

I think it's just as good as Blueprints so far, if not better. I just hope it holds up two years from now like Blueprints has

Never understood the hype for this band. Never liked Blueprints (listened to the album 3 times). Don't like this.

Guest shitters

The more i listen to this, the more i dislike it. Big In Hearts Wake feels towards the end. Not a fan tbh. 

Every band is overrated in some way, shape or form. 

I much prefer the sound of this album to Blueprints. Dunno if I can get into Gravity, but everything else is super good. Same old WW with more diversity and better usage of their clean singer. I like the lyrics a bit more on this one too. WW was both insanely hyped and fairly overrated with Blueprints, but I think Deadweight helps the case of the their hype a lot. This album definitely puts them in conversation for AOTY (at least for the Metalcore genre). It's still obviously Wage War, but still has some nice progression. I'm hoping they can continue evolve while keeping their distinctly heavy sound.

I've listened a couple of times, it's solid. Saying they are overrated is nothing more than an opinion. Some people might think they are underrated. Either way, personally I enjoyed it. 

43 minutes ago, NightAngel said:

Never understood the hype for this band. Never liked Blueprints (listened to the album 3 times). Don't like this.

Do you not like quality Metalcore my dude? I'd put it right up there with ABR, PWD, TGI, etc, etc. Solid stuff. But by all means if it's not your cup of tea you don't have to indulge. 

Is it too late to get in the hype train?

mfw

hqdefault.jpg

• Love 1

1 hour ago, disaR said:

Is it too late to get in the hype train?

mfw

hqdefault.jpg

I would say you're right on time!

• Love 1