Chief

Issues - Headspace (2016)

190 posts in this topic

i feel this is the best album from them but thats just my opinion

• Love 1

Other Releases by

I like the selftitled more but I enjoy the side they show on this album with trying to be a little more unique and experimental. I think Blue Wall is actually my favorite, song hits hard and has a strong aggressive message that will come across great live.

Has there been any more word on the possibility of a Japanese Bonus Track?

• Love 1

Not quite as good as their first album, but pretty solid front to back (besides Yung & Dum, which I strongly dislike). Was really hoping the whole album would be on the same level as The Realest (then it would have blown the first album away), but a great album regardless.

7.5/10

Anyone have M4A?

Anyone have M4A?

It doesn't match, someone will need to share their purchase.

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Not quite as good as their first album, but pretty solid front to back (besides Yung & Dum, which I strongly dislike). Was really hoping the whole album would be on the same level as The Realest (then it would have blown the first album away), but a great album regardless.

7.5/10

Weird. I feel The Realest was pretty weak and messy.

• Love 1

And this will not be AOTY. Architects has a better chance at that.

I dont get how people could think the first lp is better. Everything about this album is better in every way. It feels even more unique,production is amazing,so many styles melded so well and the instrumentation is so fun and interesting!

And this will not be AOTY. Architects has a better chance at that.

Album of the Year so far should be "Goodness" by The Hotelier. Nothing really compares to it at the moment (in my opinion).

They never disappoint me

lol lets be real here Beartooth will be album of the year again.

/s

are the links down? or am i doing something wrong? lol

CjPDmcIWkAE-aVn.jpg

Final score: 83/100

Pros: The instrumentals are great. Sky KILLS IT on bass, Tyler is awesome as always and the whole band shows they've got plenty of talent. Plus, BLUE WALL.

Cons: As great as they are, the instrumentals are incredibly repetitive. The lyrics are, in the most part, pointless and cringeworthy. They're way too focused on negativity and romanticising toxic love (Well, in fact it's not called romantic love for nothing...). The only trascendental song on the album (Blue wall) is the shortest one. And those two points alone drown all the talent they all have.

If I had to resume the album in two words: Wasted talent.

Let's see how they do next time.

So good, better than their first :3

CjPDmcIWkAE-aVn.jpg

Final score: 83/100

Pros: The instrumentals are great. Sky KILLS IT on bass, Tyler is awesome as always and the whole band shows they've got plenty of talent. Plus, BLUE WALL.

Cons: As great as they are, the instrumentals are incredibly repetitive. The lyrics are, in the most part, pointless and cringeworthy. They're way too focused on negativity and romanticising toxic love (Well, in fact it's not called romantic love for nothing...). The only trascendental song on the album (Blue wall) is the shortest one. And those two points alone drown all the talent they all have.

If I had to resume the album in two words: Wasted talent.

Let's see how they do next time.

Even though it seems like you said more negative positive you sure did give this a damn high score. Lol.

Even though it seems like you said more negative positive you sure did give this a damn high score. Lol.

damn that is a high score with some harsh negatives lol, you pretty much crap on their talent ( which i am cool with ). I think you are confused.

brdsx.gif

Agreed with some of the people that says the sounds is repetitive  :D

It is a high score 'cause, as I said, the band has talent. In terms of music, they don't really make bad music. But the fact of it being that repetitive and having lyrics that are so pointless and cliché, makes this an 83/100 album I'll probably hear as a whole 4 or 5 times. Scores in the end aren't everything. There are 8/10 albums I've heard millions of times just 'cause they're fresh, fun and original, and 9'5/10 albums I've heard at most 10 times 'cause as great as they are, they get old on the fifth listen. One thing doesn't deny the other.

• Love 1

So apparently there's a bonus track or something for this?

this album proves to me the band has much more to them than poppy choruses and pretty boy looks. The instrumentals are great and very intricate. I play guitar and hear a lot of people say these guys have no talent and there music is so easy to play. They could not be more wrong. This album was so much fun for me and i didnt even really like the last album. One thing I hope to see less of next album is the poppy nature of every chorus. You know the sort of rapping/r and b type chorus. Id love to see them tone that down and have more singy type choruses. They showed hints of it here with the guy who screams but it seemed they werent totally confident in it. For example the pre chorus of someone who does should of been the main chorus. I was mad they didnt repeat it as i was instantly hooked on it. Really reminded me of what of mice and men and most other core bands are doing these days as far as reeling things in and using the numetal template.

This album was strange. Really disliked it the first time through. But after repeated listenings, I started picked out the unique flair in each track. Ended up with a pretty good album.

Only stumbles were Blue Wall, which is honestly one of the worst songs I have heard this year. And the final track is a little weak. Overall a 7/10.

I love Issues!! Loved them even back when they were Woe, is me!!! These guys do no wrong in my eyes. Could do another heavy song for old times sake. But, this is def. one of my summer albums! Now we wait for I See Stars and Crown The Empire new albums!!!!

P.s The album rocks! Album of the year nominee hands down!! \m/ \m/ Flojo, The realest, Coma, Blue Walls, Slow me down, yung & dum, just too many great songs!!! Thank you Issues!! Love that Tyler Carter raps!! \m/ \m/

This album was strange. Really disliked it the first time through. But after repeated listenings, I started picked out the unique flair in each track. Ended up with a pretty good album.

Only stumbles were Blue Wall, which is honestly one of the worst songs I have heard this year. And the final track is a little weak. Overall a 7/10.

How can you say Blue Wall is awful and Slow Me Down is weak? Both are stellar tracks from this album.

How can you say Blue Wall is awful and Slow Me Down is weak? Both are stellar tracks from this album.

There is a little test you can do to tell if you are making a bad song. Stop, and see if you have police sirens in the song. Yes? Bad song.

Not to mention the rest of the lyrics are terrible, it flows poorly, and there just isn't any impressive musicianship throughout the song. Slow Me Down is fine, but not strong enough for the closing song.

There is a little test you can do to tell if you are making a bad song. Stop, and see if you have police sirens in the song. Yes? Bad song.

Not to mention the rest of the lyrics are terrible, it flows poorly, and there just isn't any impressive musicianship throughout the song. Slow Me Down is fine, but not strong enough for the closing song.

The legitimacy of a song is based upon a siren that fits with the lyrics?????? Huh?????

For Blue Wall, the police sirens add to the general theme of the song, which is ubiquitous police violence. I mean, if you look at the lyrics:

"Bastardizing the justice

And living above the law

Black and blue don't get along

Blue just want them dead and gone.

Empty your clips on the victim

And then you look the other way

Your nation will crumble

And you'll just look the other way."

Obviously, not to the same extent of Rage Against The Machine, but it's still very symbolic of what is truly going on.

I know why the police siren is in the song. I know the lyrics, because I just said they were terrible earlier.

Despite being relevant to the lyrics, a police siren is always a jarring element to put in any song.