mR12

VA - Punk Goes Pop, Vol. 7 (2017)

58 posts in this topic

Guest ben51493

Lmao at everyone talking about how bad this CD is without thinking about the fact they didn't buy it

Kingdom leaks cover compilations > Punk Goes Pop

• Love 1

12 hours ago, mR12 said:

*Downloads 1 track from a zip, reaches God level status*:pray:

So I now have God level status? Lol

• Love 1

There was an error in the production of this album. The title clearly intended to say 'Power Pop Bands Play Power Pop Covers Of Pop Songs"

5 hours ago, ben51493 said:

Lmao at everyone talking about how bad this CD is without thinking about the fact they didn't buy it

I beg to differ. Thinking about the fact that I didn't buy this builds myself esteem.

• Love 1

DGD, Plot, and TCTT have the only covers on this that I like. The rest of the songs got deleted from my library, lol.

Too Close to Touch murdered it

14 hours ago, ButlerTooth said:

Go listen to The Light of the Seven and get ready for SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY

It's funny you say that; I've been in an instrumental mood for the past couple weeks and I keep putting on the West World and GoT soundtracks.

Ramin Djawadi is a god.

• Love 1

Grayscale saves this with the only tolerable & good cover on the album, Seaway's is alright. 

Punk Goes albums were never good enough, so I have low expectations for this one

• Love 1

Andy Black and his wife Juliet dropped the most fire cover on this album, damn that was fantastic.

Only a few others are good, like Heathen, Love Yourself, and Stitches.

A lot of these tracks gave me angina. 

Only good track on this is State Champs

Without a sliver of doubt, worst PGP by far. Good god. Every PGP has half-assed and mediocre shit, but there are always some gem, this one has like one or two better covers and the rest are the most basic shit possible. 

20 hours ago, ben51493 said:

How does that change anything? Should we write your derivative comment in every single KL thread now? Fuck off.

20 hours ago, ben51493 said:

They are all bad and I bought none of them, Silverstein is awesome and I didn't buy that, you don't have to buy things to have a valid opinion.

It's pretty bad actually, I loved it. My shitty music taste went pretty low with this one but I don't care.

3 minutes ago, Crust said:

It's pretty bad actually, I loved it. My shitty music taste went pretty low with this one but I don't care.

tenor.gif

What a "surprise", DGD is still the best one off the whole thing.

As with other PGP albums, the covers sound so monotone. It seems like they didn't really care too much for it.

DGD, Capsize, Boston Manor, Eat Your Heart Out, and Too Close To Touch were redeeming covers.

Despite Eat Your Hearts Out vocals being meh (I still like the accent lol), this was the only song that actually progressed into a true Punk tempo halfway through.

On 13-7-2017 at 10:15 PM, ben51493 said:

Talking about taking away peoples right to have an opinion right here.

On 7/13/2017 at 5:43 AM, Lord Kingdom said:

Someone let me know what the best track is so I don't have to download the whole thing...

State Champs is impressive and the same goes for DGD but both are very normal style covers.  Best on the album imo

Ice Nine Kills, State Champs, Seaway, Grayscale, and Capsize were the standouts for me

Guest jrock1989

fun album my favorites are too close too touch plot in you dance gavin dance  and state champs covers i did buy but it was only $2.07