Rorschach

Pierce the Veil - Misadventures [Deluxe Edition] (2016)

98 posts in this topic

Pierce The Veil has done what a few bands have done over the past year. some would call it "selling out", but I think a more apt explanation is they adapted to the times and to who they are now. first off this for them is their career. sometimes advancements and changes are needed for any career to thrive. wanting to be more successful and using the tools you have to achieve that is absolutely understandable and is the smartest thing to do. second there's nothing wrong with a band wanting to venture into new sounds. sure it may not be for everyone, but there's no reason to take it so personally (not generalizing, just a general statement). PTV has always had a softer side, they just let it show a little more on this album. I personally love it. it's got a good mix of pop, a touch of alternative, all tossed in with a decent level of edge. I've seen a few comments of people saying they aren't big fans of Vic's voice, and overall I used to say the same, until this album. I feel his voice is better suited for something along these lines. my problem before was his voice paired with the heavy. just wasn't for me. this album has been on a fairly consistent play in my household, and I couldn't be digging it more.

Other Releases by

I don't think they've changed all that much, especially not to the extent where you could accuse them of selling out.  This album has a lot in common with their earlier material, as opposed to CWTS, which I think was their heaviest offering (if you could call PTV heavy at all).  But they haven't really made any significant changes to their core sound over the course of their career in my opinion (not that I think that's a bad thing).  I've been surprised to see so many people exclaiming about how "soft" this album is; it just sounds like a PTV record to me

I'm meeting them in less than 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

the studio quality were not as good as Collides With The Sky

better than selfish machines and collide with the sky. PTV is the best post hardcore band in the world! vic fuentes is the best vocalist ever.

After listening to this a couple more times through recently I absolutely love this album, it was definitely worth the wait

tumblr_mjonoznuZD1r3kb9mo1_500.gif

cursed thread

Spoiler

great record tho

really hope these guys make a new record soon, this is still so good

• Upvote 1