Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frak The Gods

Currents - The Place I Feel Safest Review & Discussion

Currents - The Place I Feel Safest   8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song off the new album?

• Apnea
    • Tremor
    • Night Terrors
    • Delusion
    • Withered
    • Dreamer
    • Forget Me
    • The Place I Feel Safest
    • Silence
    • Best Memory
    • Another Life
    • I'm Not Waiting
    • Shattered

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

It's finally here! The album I have been anxiously waiting for since 2015. I have always loved these guys and hoped that one day they would get signed. These guys are easily one of my top 5 favorite bands. I desperately need to see them live asap! Hopefully since they are getting much bigger now, they will tour to Seattle. I have listened to this album countless times since it has released and wanted to do a review on it.

Apnea: Such an amazing opening track to this fantastic album. A nice build up to "You'll never sleep again" then a sick drop. Love the lyrics in this song. It wasn't until I saw the music video I understood what it was referring to. I really powerful and well written track. 

Tremor: Sick riff to start out the song. A great follow up banger to the opening track. Absolutely love the guitar licks in this song.

Night Terrors: This was the first single they released since "Withered" in 2015. When it got released I about jizzed from excitement. I listened to this song about 12 times in a row. I couldn't get enough. The lyrics are really catchy and I found myself singing along after listening to it only a few times. Love the highs and lows in this song as well. LOVE THE SICK DROP! BURN IT DOWN!

Delusion: This has to be my favorite song on the album. Beginning to end it is fucking amazing. This song has so many sick riffs. Lyrically this song is savage. I love the lines. Also, Brian aka the singer shows just how versatile his voice is in this song.

Withered: This song came out in 2015 and I thought we would see an album soon after. However the band went through some changes and toooooookkkk foooorreevveer to release this album. LOL This song was my favorite song for months. I listened to it multiple times a day and I would find an excuse to drive somewhere so I could listen to it on my subs in my car. They re-recorded it and I still prefer the original but nonetheless still love this song.

Dreamer: Another killer tune! Great cleans and love the part where he screams "It's all a sham". 

Forget Me: Probably my least favorite on the album but with that being said I don't hate the song. I still won't skip when it comes on and I appreciate the heartfelt lyrics.

The Place I Feel Safest: This is a very touchy feely song. I got goosebumps listening to it as it hits home. 

Silence: This song has one of the sickest outros I have ever heard. The last like 30 seconds is fucking mind blowing. I don't think I have ever head banged harder in my life. 

Best Memory: What a fucking intro to a song. Love that groovy riff. Nice solo in this song too as well as a ear orgasm drop. 

Another Life: Half way through this song after the drop he Brian sounds like a fucking demon. It's epic. I love the range on this guy. Very talented singer. Really sick track as this album is still banging 11 tracks in. 

I'm Not Waiting: This song started off very calm and quickly moved into a heavy ass track. Loved the transition and the riff is golden. Has a really calming solo near the end that I loved.

Shattered: A really good finishing track to an amazing album.

I have to say this and Emmure are album of the year for me. I don't see any release this year surpassing how amazing these albums are. 

This album gets a 10/10 from me. Couldn't be happier with this album.  

Great album and great band, I saw them live on Sunday and destroyed, I got my album signed by Bryan and Chris and got a picture with them too

4 hours ago, Tzeromus said:

Great album and great band, I saw them live on Sunday and destroyed, I got my album signed by Bryan and Chris and got a picture with them too

Fellow Jersey resident, eh? I was gonna go, but Father's Day stuff got in the way

3 minutes ago, Summers said:

Yeah its good but I still like Life//Lost more xD

Yeah I think my favorite song is still Euphoria, but considering how they got a vocalist swap and made 13 tunes without intros, interludes,outros and there's not one bad song it really is impressive as hell and overall probably AOTM at the very least.

Smash_Adams likes this

Just now, Dwesk said:

Yeah I think my favorite song is still Euphoria, but considering how they got a vocalist swap and made 13 tunes without intros, interludes,outros and there's not one bad song it really is impressive as hell and overall probably AOTM at the very least.

Yeah its probably my AOTY as well tbh

2 hours ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Fellow Jersey resident, eh? I was gonna go, but Father's Day stuff got in the way

Whoops I'm stupid, I meant last Saturday, I live in Maryland 

xcblackdiamond likes this