Voinolin

Currents - The Place I Feel Safest (2017)

48 posts in this topic

600x0w.jpg

Release - June 16th, 2017

Genre - Progressive Metal, Metalcore

Quality - MP3, 320Kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Apnea (03:25)
2. Tremor (03:19)
3. Night Terrors (03:45)
4. Delusion (04:02)
5. Withered (03:46)
6. Dreamer (03:25)
7. Forget Me (04:13)
8. The Place I Feel Safest (03:52)
9. Silence (04:07)
10. Best Memory (04:25)
11. Another Life (03:24)
12. I'm Not Waiting (03:58)
13. Shattered (04:37)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

Definitely one of the best albums this year, Brian brings great range and the clean vocals don't feel forced either, great variety and definitely AOTM/AOTY shit. 13 tunes too, no interludes or filler, awesome. Btw, anyone else weirdly feeling nostalgic during the chorus of Best Memory? I don't know why but it gives me these weird flashbacks of numetal/alt.metal +10 years back in some way, when it's actually nothing like that, I don't know how to explain it, but I can't get it out of my head either :lol:

This was the one of the best possible things to wake up to this morning. Absolutely stellar album. This WILL be the best debut album of the year, and is a clear candidate for AOTY. Tons of variety in song structure (GOD BLESS, too many bands use the same fucking structure every album, nearly every fucking song), wide range of vocals, writing and lyrics are top notch. They do a tremendous job giving their songs different atmospheres / vibes, something most bands don't do these days. Currents are about to make it BIG (they made me big at least....).

Get this shit on trending leaks ASAP.

4 hours ago, Crossfire said:

This was the one of the best possible things to wake up to this morning. Absolutely stellar album. This WILL be the best debut album of the year, and is a clear candidate for AOTY. Tons of variety in song structure (GOD BLESS, too many bands use the same fucking structure every album, nearly every fucking song), wide range of vocals, writing and lyrics are top notch. They do a tremendous job giving their songs different atmospheres / vibes, something most bands don't do these days. Currents are about to make it BIG (they made me big at least....).

Get this shit on trending leaks ASAP.

"they made me big at least...." Definitely with you on that one.

Listened to the single when it first released after seeing so much hype about it and wasn't super impressed. Decided why not download for a try since there hasn't been a ton of great progressive metal released lately and it's what I mostly listen to.. that being said, holy shit this is absolutely phenomenal. Easily going to be top 5 this year. Great lyrics, wide range in screamed vocals, crisp clean vocals and actual variety between every song.

1 hour ago, Equinox said:

But does the new vocalist do lows? Their single after their old vocalist left sucks, but I am willing to give this album a try