mR12

Hands Like Houses - Drift (Single) (2017)

36 posts in this topic

The song is not bad at all, but every time I'm hoping for the vibes of their first album. Ground Dweller stays one of my favourite albums, but the other two (not counting Reimagine) do not come close. The same applies to this single.

3 minutes ago, Hasjkoph said:

The song is not bad at all, but every time I'm hoping for the vibes of their first album. Ground Dweller stays one of my favourite albums, but the other two do not come close. The same applies to this single.

My fave is Unimagine but yeah U>GD>new stuff, I kinda dig this tho, the accents on ambience during the bridge and the heavier parts are nice. Then again, when I Am came out I was so happy, sadly most of the album had the same structure and felt very samey. 

2 minutes ago, Dwesk said:

My fave is Unimagine but yeah U>GD>new stuff, I kinda dig this tho, the accents on ambience during the bridge and the heavier parts are nice. Then again, when I Am came out I was so happy, sadly most of the album had the same structure and felt very samey. 

I very much enjoyed Unimagine, but in the end I stuck with Ground Dweller. Like you say, Dissonants felt samey, hence I'm simply not hyped about it even though this Drift is good. That way I won't be disappointed again if shit goes downhill from here.

I'm in agreement with everyone that's commented so far - these guys seemed to lose their spark after Unimagine, and this song hasn't changed that.  They've been pursuing a heavier direction for a while now but in my opinion it does not suit them.  Ground Dweller and Unimagine set them apart from the pack, but their work since then has been bland.

46 minutes ago, Hasjkoph said:

The song is not bad at all, but every time I'm hoping for the vibes of their first album. Ground Dweller stays one of my favourite albums, but the other two (not counting Reimagine) do not come close. The same applies to this single.

You are so right. GD will forever be one of my all time favorite records, Im listening to it right now. I loved the fact that their songs were heavy and chaotic but they didnt need any screams. The lyrics are also some of the best Ive ever ever ever seen.

Personally I still hear the sound that makes them unique. Dissonants have some very catchy songs, and their structures are far from being all the same. I can easily differ each songs from the album. Just the fact that Woodley has such amazing and unique vocals it makes this band awesome. Unimagine and Ground Dweller are really some my of favorite jams, but Dissonants was far from being bad. It had similar vibes to Unimagine, but heavier. This new song isn't any different, it's catchy af.. Like everything they've done so far.

35 minutes ago, bost42 said:

I agree so much on this, we are the few lol but Dissonants is SO dope.

Dissonants songs play the best live. They said they made the CD to be played live. It really shows.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by this, i'm probably alone in this view but i feel like this band started off good with their first 2 albums and then they've gradually gone downhill, they've not bad as such, just not getting better and i dont think they can top their first 2 albums. 

EDIT: Oh wow, i'm really not alone in this thought, i'm glad im not the only one who thinks this! When i first heard Introduced Species when it got leaked, i was instantly hooked on this band, then i listened to GD and i fell inlove, its a shame because i called this band my favourite once. 

This is meh compared to all the songs on Unimagine. There were times when i enjoyed Dissonants and times when i just wanted to ignore it. This new song goes in the same category.

Edited by Dristan

5 hours ago, bost42 said:

I agree so much on this, we are the few lol but Dissonants is SO dope.

Also, I listened to this song more and it grew on me a lot.

Definitely the few haha. Dissonants is probably my favourite album of all time. Love this new song too.