Why Nolin?

Beartooth - Aggressive (Deluxe Edition) (2017)

56 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

1 minute ago, Williwuerfel said:

Evereybody here is flaming about the "useles" deluxe edition. But does anyone knows about the Tracklist? There is a Live DVD in the deluxe edition. 

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/beartooths_aggressive_deluxe_edition_will_feature_a_live_dvd_bonus_tracks

But who cares about that?

• Love 1

On 5/25/2017 at 7:21 AM, Voinolin said:

I don't think it's the band that said "LOL, we should do a deluxe edition with next to no content"

“Fell off”? Fell off in what way? lol

I'm confused. According to iTunes and literally everywhere else, this came out June 2016 at the same time as the standard version.

album was trash to begin with

43 minutes ago, mrdereksutton said:

“Fell off”? Fell off in what way? lol

By not only being a rehashed first album but somehow feeling more uninspired? Simple really.

• Love 2

45 minutes ago, MEGALELZ said:

I'm confused. According to iTunes and literally everywhere else, this came out June 2016 at the same time as the standard version.

Nope, the live performances were from November 2016 in their hometown and today it officially released.

47 minutes ago, MEGALELZ said:

There's a japanese version with a couple bonus tracks and now there's this version.

Lame album, lame excuse for a deluxe album. However, it shouldn't come as a surprise to you guys. Bands do this a lot. Of course it's a cash grab.

10 hours ago, Dwesk said:

By not only being a rehashed first album but somehow feeling more uninspired? Simple really.

What are you even talking about "rehashed” first album? It was a bit different. And “uninspired”? Uhm…okay. Were you hoping Stephen Hawking would be composing this? Sorry they failed to meet your expectations, but as a Beartooth fan I was more than pleased and thought it surpassed the first. What do I know though? I’m just a guy with an opinion.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:49 PM, nostalgia-rush said:

I mean the album's not up to par with Disgusting (remove In Between from that album and you have a flawless piece of work), but this album is still pretty damn good. sure, Hated is cringe, but Aggressive, Burnout, Find a Way, and Censored are great songs at the very least. Beartooth went from "cool to like" to "cool to hate" in a timeframe completely unrelated to their releases, and in a manner completely independent of their musical quality. 

How do you count out In Between but keep Beaten in Lips? BiP has one of the worst breakdown sequences I've ever heard, it's almost as bad as the first breakdown in Another Bottle Down from AA lol at least In Between has a fantastic chorus

4 hours ago, mrdereksutton said:

What are you even talking about "rehashed” first album? It was a bit different. And “uninspired”? Uhm…okay. Were you hoping Stephen Hawking would be composing this? Sorry they failed to meet your expectations, but as a Beartooth fan I was more than pleased and thought it surpassed the first. What do I know though? I’m just a guy with an opinion.

Same here, otherwise why I ask? 

On 26.5.2017 at 5:49 AM, nostalgia-rush said:

I mean the album's not up to par with Disgusting (remove In Between from that album and you have a flawless piece of work), but this album is still pretty damn good. sure, Hated is cringe, but Aggressive, Burnout, Find a Way, and Censored are great songs at the very least. Beartooth went from "cool to like" to "cool to hate" in a timeframe completely unrelated to their releases, and in a manner completely independent of their musical quality. 

Why remove one of the best songs and a fan favourite from the album? lol

Guest nostalgia-rush
On 5/27/2017 at 7:33 PM, BrickFace said:

because the chorus sounds like it was written by Rihanna or whoever's ghostwriting Fall Out Boy's new stuff lol

Guest nostalgia-rush
On 5/27/2017 at 1:07 AM, Scenegear101 said:

How do you count out In Between but keep Beaten in Lips? BiP has one of the worst breakdown sequences I've ever heard, it's almost as bad as the first breakdown in Another Bottle Down from AA lol at least In Between has a fantastic chorus

Because breakdowns aren't the only thing I care about. BiP has a far better chorus that doesn't sound like Kelly Clarkson shat it out

Guest nostalgia-rush
On 5/26/2017 at 9:13 AM, • ͜ • said:

Ok, but it's logically reasonable to hate a band for pulling this obvious cash grab.

Yeah hate the band not the label. That's exactly what corporations want of you. Do you think that all of these "reimagined" "retold" or "resomethinged" deluxe rereleases coming out of medium popularity corporate labels are the fault of the bands? That it isn't a transparent cash grab by entities that literally only exist to extract money in exchange for slapping your music on their youtube page? Akin to saying "the gun didn't kill him, the bullet did"

Guest Dark.matter

I'd probably rather replay Attack Attacks! first album than listen to this over produced, recycled, safe record.

2 hours ago, saywhatisreal said:

So did anyone end up finding a download link for the DVD?

Stop requesting, start buying.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:13 AM, • ͜ • said:

Ok, but it's logically reasonable to hate a band for pulling this obvious cash grab.

The "deluxe" is the live DVD that comes with it. It's something many fans want as they have really stepped up their live performances

On 5/30/2017 at 10:03 AM, Dark.matter said:

I'd probably rather replay Attack Attacks! first album than listen to this over produced, recycled, safe record.

I think you just described Attack Attack

On 5/27/2017 at 6:33 PM, BrickFace said:

It's a fun song but it doesn't stand up with the rest of the album

Guest Dark.matter
On 2017-6-1 at 5:01 AM, lordofbones said:

I think you just described Attack Attack

I did but that record came out over 10 years ago my friend as opposed to this coming out within the last couple of years.

On 6/3/2017 at 11:11 AM, Dark.matter said:

I did but that record came out over 10 years ago my friend as opposed to this coming out within the last couple of years.

At least Beartooth only uses classic instruments. Caleb said that he would never use any sort of electronic elements in Beartooth which for me makes them automatically better than attack attack, but I agree this album was extremely safe and a little over produced. It's a lot more fun to hear these songs live (the live songs on the album are clearly processed after the recording so they still don't sound like you're at the show). If you go to warped you should definitely check them out. Their live show completely changed my view of the band