Sign in to follow this  
mR12

A Lot Like Birds - DIVISI (2017)

42 posts in this topic

This album is so great.

Right from beginning, the haunting intro sets the tone for the record by exemplifying a feeling of dark desperation and grief, one of the coolest intros ever. Then the next 3 songs are all ones we've heard before with Trace the Lines being my favorite. I'll say this now, but the lyrics for the whole album are 10/10 as expected with this band. The Smoother the Stone is a perfect interlude for this record. It continues the feeling and theme, while instead having some cool string and piano parts along with cool electronic beats; it just was a nice palette cleanser. Also it leads into one of the best songs on the record with Infinite Chances. Infinite Chances perfectly encapsulates regret, while having beautiful gang vocals at 2:00 (more on that later). Further Below combines a haunting feeling with one of the more 'heavy' songs on the album very nicely. 

Good Soil, Bad Seeds is definitely one of my favorites. The top-notch melodies performed with the unique lyrics and vocals are impossible to miss. Then part at 2:27 on is one of the most beautiful parts of any song I've heard. Combined with the mini gang vocals of "you don't have to fall apart", just wow, just listen to it instead of reading my futile attempt at explaining it.

Then the closer, wow. One of the best and most unique closers I've heard. It wraps up the theme, lyrics, and sound of the album all on one epic song. Also those waiting for screams would finally get some. I'll admit I was waiting too. I'm still trying to decipher "do we all arrive at the same place, when we began?" Those lyrics are in the intro and closer.

This album is great to me because it's different. Not only is the vocal style, song structure, and instrumentals all fresh, but the album overall just invokes a different emotional response than any in the past. Oh and it is a very cohesive project that cannot be fully appreciated without listening to it completely multiple times. 8/10

• Love 2

Other Releases by

Just a great album man

20 hours ago, xcblackdiamond said:

This album is so great.

Right from beginning, the haunting intro sets the tone for the record by exemplifying a feeling of dark desperation and grief, one of the coolest intros ever. Then the next 3 songs are all ones we've heard before with Trace the Lines being my favorite. I'll say this now, but the lyrics for the whole album are 10/10 as expected with this band. The Smoother the Stone is a perfect interlude for this record. It continues the feeling and theme, while instead having some cool string and piano parts along with cool electronic beats; it just was a nice palette cleanser. Also it leads into one of the best songs on the record with Infinite Chances. Infinite Chances perfectly encapsulates regret, while having beautiful gang vocals at 2:00 (more on that later). Further Below combines a haunting feeling with one of the more 'heavy' songs on the album very nicely. 

Good Soil, Bad Seeds is definitely one of my favorites. The top-notch melodies performed with the unique lyrics and vocals are impossible to miss. Then part at 2:27 on is one of the most beautiful parts of any song I've heard. Combined with the mini gang vocals of "you don't have to fall apart", just wow, just listen to it instead of reading my futile attempt at explaining it.

Then the closer, wow. One of the best and most unique closers I've heard. It wraps up the theme, lyrics, and sound of the album all on one epic song. Also those waiting for screams would finally get some. I'll admit I was waiting too. I'm still trying to decipher "do we all arrive at the same place, when we began?" Those lyrics are in the intro and closer.

This album is great to me because it's different. Not only is the vocal style, song structure, and instrumentals all fresh, but the album overall just invokes a different emotional response than any in the past. Oh and it is a very cohesive project that cannot be fully appreciated without listening to it completely multiple times. 8/10

Well written review. Although I don't agree with it 100%, I respect that you took the time to explain why you like the album. I agree that's it very cohesive, but it almost becomes too cohesive in the second half of the album that it gets a little sleepy. Specifically, it's after "No Attention For Solved Puzzles" that the album begins to lose me. I'm still listening to it in hopes it will grow on me more. But I've probably listened to it 10 times already, and I just can't get into any of the songs after "No Attention For....". I'm glad you enjoy the album though. I agree that "Infinite Chances" is one of the best songs :)

Cheers.

• Love 1

Wasn't hype at all for this and now I know why. Hate it, for shelley is the only song I like. 

Guest nasiro2020

The mixing is so disappointing. i really wish the mixing was more dynamic. almost gave me goose bumps...almosttt...

1 minute ago, nasiro2020 said:

The mixing is so disappointing. i really wish the mixing was more dynamic. almost gave me goose bumps...almosttt...

feat_chanie_goose_bumps.jpg.560x0_q80_cr I really enjoy this album, so chill ;)

Guest nasiro2020
5 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

feat_chanie_goose_bumps.jpg.560x0_q80_cr I really enjoy this album, so chill ;)

Dude, how i wish that was my arm...i do still enjoy the album, i guess it could have been better with much more dynamic mixing.. just my opinion =)

Boring, unimaginative, generic.....just forgettable trash really.

I must say.. Never heard of these guys until this album.. I went to check the others too..
I must've listen to this a few times by now and It's outstanding....

Guest pr0adam

maybe it needs more listens but this was not very good on the first way through. Doesnt even resemble the ALLB sound at all.

I have very quietly fallen in love with this albums since it's release and I wish the band was back together ;(

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, PatientlyDead said:

I have very quietly fallen in love with this albums since it's release and I wish the band was back together ;(

Very underrated album