Sign in to follow this  
mR12

A Lot Like Birds - DIVISI (2017)

42 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Nice

Extremely cohesive album from front to back... the way it all ties together is almost as impressive as any of the individual tracks. Highly, highly recommended.

This is good, sooo good.. their shift in the style is okay with me because they'be done a really good job.. it's not generic and I like the overall sound to every song... 

But without a doubt... THEIR TIME WITH KURT WERE THE GLORY DAYS..

thanks kl

Thank you so much for this upload! I can already see this being AOTY.

Finally! Can't wait to hear this. Thank you so much!

It's actually... kind of bad. None of the songs really stuck besides The Sound of Us, it's just really unmemorable. I may have just overhyped myself though, I've been thinking about this album nearly every day for the past month. I was one of the ones that wasn't doubting them too, thanks anyways KL.

• Love 3

Guest callanambulance

thank you!!!!! Can't wait another day for my vinyl to get here haha

Fuck that was great, closer is fucking amazing.

• Love 1

Listening to this album is kind of like how I feel about having kids. One and done. 

• Love 2

I actually was semi-disappointed on my first playthrough, but then I played it a second time and I can get into. Definitely not as enjoyable to me as No Place and Conversation Piece, but I like it and will probably just choose not to compare it to those two albums.  I really like the intro, Trace the Lines, Infinite Chances, and the title track. I'll probably listen to this album when I'm not looking to listen to something as heavy as I normally do. I'd probably give it about an 8/10.

Disappointed in this one. Definitely don't see myself listening to this one much more, if at all.

Thanks! I have my expectations really high on this album!

Guest Lumberjack_Logs

Had really high expectations for this album. Didn't really like old ALLB, so i was hoping this album would change me. I loved Trace the Lines and The Sound of Us, but after listening to this album..... I don't like it at all. Only song I would probably listen to again is Infinite Chances. Oh well! 

I remember when one of my favorite band "Hopesfall" changed completely after Satellite Years with A Types. Back then I was really discovering heavier music and at first I was really disappointed. But in the end it really grew on me, it made me realise that a perfect mix of some moderate heaviness and sweet ambient melodies is also great for the soul. So I was already ready to accept new ALLB's even before it happened. I learned to be open minded over the years.

This album would be a lot better if the mixing wasn't such shit. It comes off flat and weak at an instrument level. So many little intricate notes and riffs but it lacks body.

15 hours ago, Adec21 said:

I remember when one of my favorite band "Hopesfall" changed completely after Satellite Years with A Types. Back then I was really discovering heavier music and at first I was really disappointed. But in the end it really grew on me, it made me realise that a perfect mix of some moderate heaviness and sweet ambient melodies is also great for the soul. So I was already ready to accept new ALLB's even before it happened. I learned to be open minded over the years.

Beyond excited that Hopesfall is back, album is finished.

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, BRDSX said:

Beyond excited that Hopesfall is back, album is finished.

Hell yeah, same here! I didn't even know before yesterday. I had loose hope, but when I decided to listen to their discography on youtube this is where I learned this epic news!

I loved the first 3 singles, so I had high hopes for this album. But after a few listens, I'm a little disappointed. I feel like it needs a few more upbeat songs like "The Sound Of Us" and "Infinite Chances" to help balance out the more slower songs. It reminds me of On Letting Go by Circa Survive.... everything kind of blends together, it doesn't make many specific songs memorable. The album starts off strong, but I feel like after "No Attention For Solved Puzzles", that's where it all starts sounding the same and drifts away. 

I'm still going to spend more time with the album though. There still might be some potential for another song or two to grow on me. 

9 minutes ago, saywhatisreal said:

I loved the first 3 singles, so I had high hopes for this album. But after a few listens, I'm a little disappointed. I feel like it needs a few more upbeat songs like "The Sound Of Us" and "Infinite Chances" to help balance out the more slower songs. It reminds me of On Letting Go by Circa Survive.... everything kind of blends together, it doesn't make many specific songs memorable. The album starts off strong, but I feel like after "No Attention For Solved Puzzles", that's where it all starts sounding the same and drifts away. 

I'm still going to spend more time with the album though. There still might be some potential for another song or two to grow on me. 

I'm going to have to agree with you here.. it feels like they picked the best songs to be the singles.. the rest of the album doesn't seem as strong, but I'll give it time to grow on me.