mR12

Should we look into a FLAC download option for more albums?

Community Poll  

1,155 members have voted

1. 1. Should we look into a FLAC download option for more albums?

• No thanks, MP3 works fine for me.
    • Yes, I would definetly download FLAC if it was on the site!

16 posts in this topic

Should we look into a FLAC download option for more albums?

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

V0 is preferred for me, I often download FLAC and make V0 though. I only keep FLAC for things I thoroughly enjoy due to the file size.

• Love 1

brdsx.gif

320kbps for me

i download FLAC only when it's an important release :)

"If you thought you knew it all
Don’t shift your view, you might slip and fall
A long way down and down this rabbit hole
If the tunnel runs any deeper
You might come out the other side of the world
Maybe upside down you’ll be able see this isn’t what it seems
We are far from free."

Northlane

I used to be a 320 kbps guy, but last month I went completely lossless.

DOWNLOAD

I don't really need lossless since I find the files too big anyways and because I don't have the necessary audio equipment to notice the difference between 320/V0/m4a and FLAC files. The only thing about it that would probably be nice is that I could then choose V0 instead of the KL standard 320

• Love 3

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png

19 minutes ago, LKA said:

I don't really need lossless since I find the files too big anyways and because I don't have the necessary audio equipment to notice the difference between 320/V0/m4a and FLAC files. The only thing about it that would probably be nice is that I could then choose V0 instead of the KL standard 320

thats why i like FLAC, can always make that preferred V0 which is never posted here.

• Love 1

brdsx.gif

I agree on the V0. I don't own anything that I will notice an audible difference with flac.

yes please

I prefer it to download flac and rip it for myself so i know what I get

While I certainly have no personal use for FLAC, it's an excellent option for those who notice the difference between 320 and FLAC (Where i can't tell the difference between v0 and 320 myself) so technically I won't be using the option I think it's very cool for our users.

• Love 1

I learned to be a mannequin

https://www.last.fm/user/vbooy57

https://rateyourmusic.com/~vbooy57

Please make fun of me

19 hours ago, mR12 said:

I used to be a 320 kbps guy, but last month I went completely lossless.

You know me, i switched to FLAC a while ago, wouldn't want it any other way.

t2DLnik.png

mp3 or m4a all the way, unless it is transcoded from lossy source

Honestly I wouldn't download the FLACs because of the size and because I don't have the equipment necessary to notice any difference. However, I feel like a lot of people in the site enjoy the FLAC option so I would encourage you guys to keep posting that option.

With that said, I, like a lot of people in this post, would like to see V0 more often in the posts!

Personally I prefer V0 rips. FLAC files too big for me to personally save for every album. I would just like it if more/ALL posts actually say what the source is for the rip (CD rip, flac convert, digital, etc.)

Half the 320s I've downloaded have been transcodes or the source is just low quality (happens with some releases) so I find an HQ rip elsewhere or just buy it (which I usually do anyway)

On 5/1/2017 at 5:15 PM, KiLLa CaM said:

Personally I prefer V0 rips. FLAC files too big for me to personally save for every album. I would just like it if more/ALL posts actually say what the source is for the rip (CD rip, flac convert, digital, etc.)

Half the 320s I've downloaded have been transcodes or the source is just low quality (happens with some releases) so I find an HQ rip elsewhere or just buy it (which I usually do anyway)

320s from this site? Really? Some examples? We take transcodes very seriously actually, surprised that you're finding 320 transcodes.

DOWNLOAD

2 hours ago, mR12 said:

320s from this site? Really? Some examples? We take transcodes very seriously actually, surprised that you're finding 320 transcodes.

I exaggerated when I said half, but every once in a while I'll find a transcode because I check the specs on everything I download for the most part. Don't get me wrong, love this site and appreciate what everyone does here and I'm not complaining. I can't name specific examples off the top of my head, hasn't happened lately but if I find one I'll literally PM it to you if you like just to show you it has happened.

It's just sometimes I have no idea where a 320 comes from unless the person who posts it labels it in the thread. Some I'll even compare to personal 320 CD Rips I have of my own and the specs are much lower as if they were vbr or even 192 so I just find whatever it may be elsewhere.

• Love 1