Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Kingdom

Incubus - 8 (2017)

22 posts in this topic

9000x9000.jpg

Leaked

Release - April 21, 2017
Genre - Alternative Rock
 Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:
1. No Fun
2. Nimble Bastard 
3. State of the Art
4. Glitterbomb
5. Undefeated 
6. Loneliest
7. When I Became a Man
8. Familiar Faces
9. Love in a Time of Surveillance 
10. Make No Sound in the Digital Forest
11. Throw Out the Map

Downloads

Support!
Facebook / iTunes / Physical

Kylo Ren, mstrkg, sfmikica and 1 other like this

I hope this is good. The old Incubus were truly amazing in every aspect of music. So creative, such good writing. Imo, after a crow they seemed to have lost that edge. I'd give anything for them to go back to the old style. I couldn't get enough of it. Thanks for this leak! 

richter1605 likes this

1 hour ago, punkwrock said:

I hope this is good. The old Incubus were truly amazing in every aspect of music. So creative, such good writing. Imo, after a crow they seemed to have lost that edge. I'd give anything for them to go back to the old style. I couldn't get enough of it. Thanks for this leak! 

Its very good!!!

BRDSX likes this

There are hints of greatness but I really was expecting more. Its much more "happy" and radio pop friendly than I thought it would be considering the interviews leading up to release. They always called it a dark,heavy record. I will say tho that No fun brought such a huge smile to my face. To hear those thick guitars again was so nostalgic. I wish the album had more tunes like this one. Album highlights are No fun,loneliest and throw out the map. Loneliest qualifies because its one of the darker tracks on the album and I always love when incubus do darker sounding stuff. It sort of reminds me of a more modern version of aqueous transmission. I expected to hear more riff oriented stuff as pointed out by the producer and I dont think there really is anything that can be considered "riffy". Besides the lack of riffs my second biggest gripe are the verses. Mike has always been a master at making moody,effect laden verses. A few songs on this album start ok than the verse comes and its mostly a bassline with minimal guitar work. I hold incubus to very high standards and I know we will never get to hear the "old" incubus sound ala make yourself and morning view again. Apparently Dirk was a HUGE influence on the early sound  when even there soft songs were masterpieces making such complete records that had everything. I wouldn't call this album a back to roots album at all but it is a step in the right direction I guess.

Another beautiful album by an amazing band. They are like wine... In anticipation to this album I went and gave a new opportunity to their three last albums and I found them oh so enjoyable... like never before! Little details you can find only in retrospective listens... Thank you very much for this...

BRDSX likes this

One band I can ALWAYS rely on to put out something that pushes the sound further while still sounding like the original stuff is 311. I cant freaking wait for that album.

Not gonna lie; Incubus had kinda lost me over the years between 'Make Yourself' to now. Going through my mid-teens, Incubus strayed further and further from "the heavy", while my tastes delved further into it. In my youthful naivety, I failed to hear the beautiful intricacies and elements some of the softer side of tunes (especially coming from a band like Incubus), could have. Regardless of tastes in genres or levels/lack of heaviness, the demon-moniker group just wasn't reeling me in. Until '8'. It's funny that even with such a simple title, the music could be so complex yet accessible at the same time. You've got heavier, almost a-la garage rock sounding tunes ('No fun', ''Love In A Time Of Surveillance'), alternative rock gems ('State Of The Art', 'Glitterbomb'), some atmospheric grooves ('Loneliest', 'Make No Sound In The Digital Forest), and even a Latin themed interlude that makes ya wanna shake your maracas ('When I Became A Man'). True, this is not the most eclectic or intricate Incubus album ever, but it has everything it needs to be a great, enjoyable, fun listen that brought this long-lost tune adventurer, back to one of his original musical homes.

ABSUM and rkin8 like this

1 hour ago, charger13 said:

I can't seem to DL this.  The links don't work for usenet 

32 minutes ago, poochemist said:

Not working for me either unfortunately.

Yeah, we see it. We're having a bit of a link crisis now, our Zippyshare account just got taken down.

12 hours ago, MercWithAMouth said:

Not gonna lie; Incubus had kinda lost me over the years between 'Make Yourself' to now. Going through my mid-teens, Incubus strayed further and further from "the heavy", while my tastes delved further into it. In my youthful naivety, I failed to hear the beautiful intricacies and elements some of the softer side of tunes (especially coming from a band like Incubus), could have. Regardless of tastes in genres or levels/lack of heaviness, the demon-moniker group just wasn't reeling me in. Until '8'. It's funny that even with such a simple title, the music could be so complex yet accessible at the same time. You've got heavier, almost a-la garage rock sounding tunes ('No fun', ''Love In A Time Of Surveillance'), alternative rock gems ('State Of The Art', 'Glitterbomb'), some atmospheric grooves ('Loneliest', 'Make No Sound In The Digital Forest), and even a Latin themed interlude that makes ya wanna shake your maracas ('When I Became A Man'). True, this is not the most eclectic or intricate Incubus album ever, but it has everything it needs to be a great, enjoyable, fun listen that brought this long-lost tune adventurer, back to one of his original musical homes.

awesome mate, album kicks ass