mR12

Northlane - Mesmer (2017)

Which is your favorite track from "Mesmer"?  

520 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which is your favorite track from "Mesmer"?

117 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Hell yeah this is mad good

I like this a lot better than Node. It feels like a more natural progression from Singularity.

listen to Silent Planet.

1 hour ago, DrakeGAC said:

What happened to these guys..? Discoveries and Singularity were the only good albums. Node was okay. They lost that special sound they had imo :/

Have you listened to the album doe?

Screenshot_1414.png

Good. So was Node and Singularity and Discoveries, so duh.

• Love 5

brdsx.gif

Solar gives me Heart Shaped Box vibes, especially the verses.

I honestly can't pick a song I like more. As a whole, its so good! Miles better than Node, that's for sure.

This album....wow. It didn't all click at first. I definitely liked what I was hearing but I didn't quite absorb it all. I think that even if you miss Adiran, you can recognize that this sound would have not been possible without Marcus, so that's reason enough to like Marcus. His voice is unlike any other imo.

But anyway, Zero-One and Render are my favorites.

Zero-One has an awesome synthy intro, followed by 10/10 lyrics in "Drifting away to a place, Where there’s more than this." 2:00 is one of the best moments of an incredible album.

Render has a mindblowing intro, and the ending is so ethereal and beautiful while also so empty of hope lyrically; Marcus does an insane job of expressing hopelessness to match the lyrics then the cool part from Mesmer after is just wow.

Instrumentals are so unique and epic, Marcus is at his peak, and the lyrics are just as meaningful as always, but are written more poetically and cohesively. 9.5/10.

• Love 3

After being listening the album this whole night, i must say that for me, this is the AOTY for sure.

I've been waiting for this album for a long time, and they greatly fulfill my expectations. The ambient on this album is incredible, the hard and groovy melodies on each song are remarcable. This is the ultimate sound i've been waiting for Northlane and now i just can't wait to see them live. The tribute they made to Tom Searle (Architects) on "Paragon" brought me to tears, he will be remembered forever.

"If you thought you knew it all
Don’t shift your view, you might slip and fall
A long way down and down this rabbit hole
If the tunnel runs any deeper
You might come out the other side of the world
Maybe upside down you’ll be able see this isn’t what it seems
We are far from free."

Northlane

10 minutes ago, rainofsouth said:

After being listening the album this whole night, i must say that for me, this is the AOTY for sure.

I've been waiting for this album for a long time, and they greatly fulfill my expectations. The ambient on this album is incredible, the hard and groovy melodies on each song are remarcable. This is the ultimate sound i've been waiting for Northlane and now i just can't wait to see them live. The tribute they made to Tom Searle (Architects) on "Paragon" brought me to tears, he will be remembered forever.

I know this is opinion and all, but I wouldn't be too hasty, The Artificial's new album is AMAZING (albeit lolit technically hasn't come out yet) and Veil of Maya is releasing a new album this year, and apparently Erra might as well... this still isn't bad, but I wouldn't consider it AOTY

I honestly think Node was absolutely amazing, then this comes out, and completely changes my outlook on them on a band. Their sound progressed so much and in a good direction. This album is great with each listen. Kudos to them. They're making money today though, what a way to advertise and release a surprise album. 

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/yoJC2wQqhXpm97vdeg" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/illustration-david-bowie-time-lapse-yoJC2wQqhXpm97vdeg">via GIPHY</a></p>

Thanks for the upload! frothing on this

I think the surprise release and the liking towards this band is helping people like it even more... good for them... nothing special in here at least for me... the second half is more listenable though.. thnx for the upload guys

21 hours ago, Dwesk said:

Sometimes you just gotta man. I wanted to pledge WSS too as they're top 5 fave band of mine, but they cockblock third world for some reason.

How about this? Nuclear Blast
How about that? Impericon Worldwide

------------------------------

Beautiful album, I love how they prove every single time their worth. The instrumentals are lovely, I'm definitely into the progressive style. Much better than Node, feels like an experimental album so Mesmer can sound as great as it does. Lovin' the vibes, definitely post-ordering on vinyl. :wub:

Edited by frosty
Impericon added

WOW! I wasn't expecting this. To me it isn't better than Node, but fuck it is so good :)<3

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

this is all i can think of when i hear render:

I don't get all the praise for this band, it sounds like every other metalcore band but with a "progressive" label on it.

Halfway through and I'm getting bored. Sigh. Please pick up in the second half. I really want to like this. :(

Edit: first breakdown to grab is on track 9. Jesus. 

Never really got into northlane on Node but this album is really good. I love the artwork as well

What is with the production though? The guitar is so muddy and unfocused. It never seems to 'pop'. Think to when the guitar kicks in at the start of Dispossession, for me that is what is lacking in the last two releases. 

• Love 1

Yeah the production is weird on this for sure. I want to like it a lot but to me it was a little bland. Still very good, I like the progression, but recording is not the greatest 

I was just going to comment on this. anyone else getting super muddy  guitars and too much bass?

Album is a snooze 

Am i the only one who didnt knew this was coming? 

Just now, WoeIsRobs said:

Am i the only one who didnt knew this was coming? 

yea

brdsx.gif

8 hours ago, Herzeleid said:

I don't get all the praise for this band, it sounds like every other metalcore band but with a "progressive" label on it.

thank you

• Love 1

Yessss what a great early birthday present! 

Where's the option for 'boring, derivative trash" on the poll? 

• Love 2