Voinolin

Danny Worsnop - The Long Road Home (2017)

31 posts in this topic

V2DA1tO.jpg

Release - 17th February

Genre - Country Rock

Quality - MP3, 320 Kbps

Tracklist:

1. Prozac

2 Mexico

3. I Feel Like Shit

4. Anyone But Me

5. High

6. I Got Bones

7. Quite A While

8. Don't Overdrink It

9. I'll Hold On

10. Midnight Woman

11. Same Old Ending

12. The Man
13. Going Nowhere Fast (Bonus Track) *160 Kbps
14. Out Without You (Bonus Track) *128 Kbps

Download:
Zippyshare

Omerta

Support:
Facebook | iTunes

Edited by HyperDose
Quality updated to 320!

... Why the hell is he going in this direction, its so uncomfortable listening to this (being that I hate country) & knowning that its him singing this is a downward spiral of his career... What's next.. doing a duet with Faith Hill or Reba McEntire. :angry:

- :pizza:

Just now, Lugz820 said:

... Why the hell is he going in this direction, its so uncomfortable listening to this (being that I hate country) & knowning that its him singing this is a downward spiral of his career... What's next.. doing a duet with Faith Hill or Reba McEntire. :angry:

New Asking Alexandria album is next

10 minutes ago, Lugz820 said:

He can do whatever he wantsssss, if you don't like it, that's fine, don't listen to it. He's been hyping album for months now anyway 

I think that a variety of music, whether I like the project or not, keeps the artist fresh and not cooped up in a box. Times of Grace's next album won't be metalcore. That's sad to me. But I do know that when Jesse, Adam, (& Worsnop) return to metal, they may have a newfound appreciation for it since they aren't living with blinders on.

My 2 ¢

Whether ya love him, or hate him, ya gotta admit the man has some talents. The dude can play multiple instruments, and although some aren't too fond of his whiskey soaked, smoke coated singing (I definitely am), you still can't really say he's a man without some chops. He's one of the few out there that has crossed so many genres (this guy is literally the opposite of anything to do with being pigeonholed), and really done it with such a talent and multifaceted craft that it's really gotta be admired. now although lyrically this album isn't anything new per say, it still shows an even more emotional side of Worsnop, and at times in a much darker way (and at least the man can write some intelligible lyrics as opposed to just being way too straight forward and cheesy). I know I'm a bit biased, but I love this dude and everything he releases, so I'm definitely stoked to pump this while havin' a drink and a smoke.

Regardless of musical preference, it is undeniable that Danny is talented as hell. It's also refreshing to see an artist whom, disregarding the somewhat recent breaking off/rejoining/drama, I would have first and foremost have associated with the heavier side of rock music/post hardcore music who is not afraid to put out music that he had to have known would likely not appeal to everyone, because he enjoyed it. So many artists seem to me to get stuck in a single type of music, a single sound, essentially carbon copying the stuff they had already found success with in what appears to be either a complacency, or maybe a fear of failure; both of which eventually cause me to enjoy their music less and less as time goes on. Danny epitomizes to me, the saying, "You do what you love, and fuck the rest.". 

I am not in love with every song on the album, but it was definitely worth the listen, and if you listen to it with an open mind (as much as possible anyway) then I feel like it's overall pretty damn good for a first foray into a genre that was completely unexplored by him until now. 

3 hours ago, Lugz820 said:

So, you think he is ruining his career with this album just because you don't like it?  Seems logical.  

7 hours ago, Lugz820 said:

Oh, the cringe. 

1 hour ago, TheStenchOfDoom said:

Diggin this since I Got Bones came out. This stuff is pretty sick. Ever since From Death To Destiny came out, I knew that Danny is hell of a singer and musician. So finally, it is here. 

@Voinolin - thanks by the way

Ps. still better than new Suicide Silence

Cheers!