Lord Kingdom

Ocean Grove - The Rhapsody Tapes (2017)

58 posts in this topic

BrickFace being negative?? What?? Who knew (now for the oncoming onslaught of childish insults). Must be that killer emo haircut. Got a definition for that one too? Anywho...definitely a random as hell album, but in all the right ways. Intensely fun album for sure! Not really one particular style, which for a lot of bands is hard to pull off. But me thinks ocean grove have done so with some style.

Applaud them for trying something not many (if any) bands are doing anymore, but I can't appreciate it. Not something I would have listened to 15 years ago, not something I would listen to now.

Guest evanfuckingpunx

I'm only as far as Thunderdome and this is album is fucking incredible. This band are gonna be HUGE. 

BrickFace being negative?? What?? Who knew (now for the oncoming onslaught of childish insults). Must be that killer emo haircut. Got a definition for that one too? Anywho...definitely a random as hell album, but in all the right ways. Intensely fun album for sure! Not really one particular style, which for a lot of bands is hard to pull off. But me thinks ocean grove have done so with some style.

>said this album is very good and catchy

>negative

oh fuck off lol. youre one of those people who still hates nickelback too arent you, the train is over

This album is pretty diverse... and sounds so much like nirvana in certain parts... heavy af and Jesus now I see the THUNDERDOME hype... decent listen.. the eerie song names and all those dark spacey elements used give a feeling like you're stuck in a very weird space... thanks for the upload guys

>said this album is very good and catchy

>negative

oh fuck off lol. youre one of those people who still hates nickelback too arent you, the train is over

Yup. I do dislike Nickelback. Always have. But that's simply because I don't enjoy their music. Still respect the talent. So sadly my friend the only "train" going on here is the one getting run on you...

Agree it does sound weird. Not what I expected there are some fillers but I like it overall.

Yup. I do dislike Nickelback. Always have. But that's simply because I don't enjoy their music. Still respect the talent. So sadly my friend the only "train" going on here is the one getting run on you...

Youre the only one still acting like this. Please get out of that immature phase. Me saying something I dont like about an album doesnt mean I hate everything when literally any post this year I liked (this album included). My emo hair has been gone for a long time, so should your immaturity and close mindedness

This album is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I really liked Intimate Alien and These Boys Light Fires but on the other hand, many of the other songs on this album don't live up to these two. There's a few that are almost on that level (like Beers) but then again a few that I don't like at all (for example When You're This High You Can Say What You Like or Hitachi). Take those, add the intro and the 2 interludes and I actually agree with @@BrickFace about only liking half the album. It doesn't help that in addition to being mumbled so often, the vocals are also very low in the mix, taking away from enjoyment even more. Still, those tracks that I like, I like a lot, which is why I'd say I like the albm overall.

This album is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I really liked Intimate Alien and These Boys Light Fires but on the other hand, many of the other songs on this album don't live up to these two. There's a few that are almost on that level (like Beers) but then again a few that I don't like at all (for example When You're This High You Can Say What You Like or Hitachi). Take those, add the intro and the 2 interludes and I actually agree with @@BrickFace about only liking half the album. It doesn't help that in addition to being mumbled so often, the vocals are also very low in the mix, taking away from enjoyment even more. Still, those tracks that I like, I like a lot, which is why I'd say I like the albm overall.

And every faster track is followed by a slow one, it kind of breaks the flow.

I still enjoy the different approaches, even though i'd like to have more heavier tracks

The Rhapsody Tapes is really my kind of thing, I was a bit reluctant with Ocean Grove but must say they are on top of my list now. Like Hellions with Opera Oblivia from last year, genre binding, full of energy and killer sounds.

This is exactly how I felt. Their ep was better I guess.

This is exactly how I felt. Their ep was better I guess.

I wouldn't go that far 

I love this album. I enjoy Black Label a hell of a lot more but this is really nice. Different. I'm just glad they did better than Darke Complex at changing it up. I only liked two songs off Point Oblivion sadly. This, however, I can jam the whole thing. Very good.

I love this album. I enjoy Black Label a hell of a lot more but this is really nice. Different. I'm just glad they did better than Darke Complex at changing it up. I only liked two songs off Point Oblivion sadly. This, however, I can jam the whole thing. Very good.

Black Label is better for sure, but like you said, this is still awesome. Too diverse for some it seems.

WAIT!!! you mean you can dislike a band AND still respect their talent? and not say they suck and shit on them? sOGgevbtBDYKQ.gif

i really do still have to listen to this lol

Just realized how much the intro sounds like a Borgore song.

Hype, Hype, Hype! 

At first I was hesitant about diving head first into this record. It was the feature album on Triple J, and random songs played every few hour really didn't do it justice. 

After about 5 listens it has really grown on me. The mix of influences and sounds was just more of a slow burn than I initially anticipated. Interested to see what I think of this album in a years time. When I firs heard the nu-metal style direction they were heading in with the singles, I was worried it would be a flavour of the month release and be forgotten about quite quickly. Not so sure anymore. Good work lads. 

<p>In comparison to their previous best release (Black Label EP + Lights On Kind Of Lover) this is a lot more daring while still progressing from the foundation that they started two years back and while I love the majority of the songs, the interludes are fucking whack and I don't like them at all, while previous EP still had those sort of shorter/interlude type songs they still somehow flew well and were similar to the rest, the DnB/grime shit is just weird and unneeded in my opinion. If I were to give this album a score based on all the songs interludes included then I'd have to go with like an 8 at best, but not counting those 4 minutes of noise and the closer which I didn't particularly enjoyed the album is a solid 9 and even the more experimental/melodic songs flow really well, I mean hell, Mr Centipede has to be one of my fave songs in the last few months, that chorus is eargasmic. Previous EP was a lot more cohesive, had less variation and mostly this dark tone to it so it was a "like one like them all" sort of thing, meanwhile here the experimentation is huge so it's near-impossible to like all of it, the best songs on the album are some of the most unique and impressive music out this year though so they definitely delivered in that sense.</p>

@@BRDSX i think i came back just bcuz i was missing post like this from you man ahahah

u9e7fk2rL5njy.gif

Album is kinda weird but enjoyable for sure

New links!