Lord Kingdom

2016 AOTY WINNER

84 posts in this topic

Its like people think that this AOTY is an official awards. It's just a community thing guys, no need to get worked up.

But lol. i like how TCTT is number "10" but yet there is 11 albums. 

with respect bro but this community is a shit, architects should had won by far, can't compare with anything. NO PERIPHERY ALSO, k k k k

fk off...

The attitude you give off doesn't help give the band you want to win any good publicity, just makes you look like a child mate which gives the band a bad name because of its fans.

Edit: Shit, sorry for the double post! I thought this would merge with above! 

Really? DGD? again? for what the third year in a row? wake me up when ETID gets the credit they deserve. ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzz

No, Beartooth won 2014, which is in my opinion much worse, considering how it had a lot of glorious albums, Lost Forever//Lost Together included. Also ETID being third place on KL is way too much credit, weirded out it has so many votes. It's not underage-friendly :>

Dance Gavin dance won because 1. Mostly kids here and they're signed to rise records only the most overrated record label in the game putting out most mediocre bands for only the most infantile minds. 2. All the attention they've drawn to themselves with bullshit band member drama over the years. 3. They write meaningless nonsensical lyrics that run in the same vein of rap. Easily relatable, makes good tumblr posts. But for real Slice the Cake is what really should have won but yeah fucking right. MUCH too intellectual and complex for most.

iamverysmart.

Congrats to DGD on back to backs! Mothership was fantastic.

Abandoned By Bears, ADTR, I See Stars, Outline in Color, Invent, Animate and Issues' releases were a few of my favorites this year.

Its like people think that this AOTY is an official awards. It's just a community thing guys, no need to get worked up.

But lol. i like how TCTT is number "10" but yet there is 11 albums. 

The attitude you give off doesn't help give the band you want to win any good publicity, just makes you look like a child mate which gives the band a bad name because of its fans.

Edit: Shit, sorry for the double post! I thought this would merge with above!

Haha you really gonna apply to me your "psychology" for a comment on a piracy site ?

you say im child bro i think you're retarded

Haha you really gonna apply to me your "psychology" for a comment on a piracy site ?

I like how you completely disregarded his point about how fans react because "piracy site".

I'm a* and also capital " I "

Also using " retarded " as an insult just shows your lack of vocabulary and shines light on the childish part.

i get that its community votes and stuff, seriously. i understand that its popular vote that wins, but this shouldnt have went to DGD, there were so many amazing albums this year:

wet - dont you

knocked loose - laugh tracks

nothing,nowhere. - who are you?

frank ocean - blond

casey - love is not enough

childish gambino - awaken! my love

$uicideboy$ - eternal grey

touche amore - stage four

bones - useless

tiny moving parts - celebrate

oathbreaker - rheia

clipping. - splendor and misery

lil peep - hellboy

kanye west - the life of pablo

expire - with regret

capsize - a reintroduction...

death grips - bottomless pit

i get that its community votes and stuff, seriously. i understand that its popular vote that wins, but this shouldnt have went to DGD, there were so many amazing albums this year:

wet - dont you

knocked loose - laugh tracks

nothing,nowhere. - who are you?

frank ocean - blond

casey - love is not enough

childish gambino - awaken! my love

$uicideboy$ - eternal grey

touche amore - stage four

bones - useless

tiny moving parts - celebrate

oathbreaker - rheia

clipping. - splendor and misery

lil peep - hellboy

kanye west - the life of pablo

expire - with regret

capsize - a reintroduction...

death grips - bottomless pit

It's all personal opinion, like, for me, all those albums and artists you posted in that list i either haven't heard of or i just don't think they deserve to be on the list either. Its community based, so all the people getting angry about it are getting angry about other peoples musical taste. 

I'm a* and also capital " I "

Also using " retarded " as an insult just shows your lack of vocabulary and shines light on the childish part.

Haha, thanks mate, i'm not going to lose any sleep over it since i've seen that all his posts are just him being an angry negative young teen by the looks of things.

No Norma Jean - Polar Similar, while there's band like I See Stars on there... Makes no sense to me... I guess it's just about opinions...

Btw, for those bashing on DGD, maybe yeah their lyrics makes no sense, but their instrumental structure is very complex, and if you don't get that, you just don't know music... Some bands can write very deep and meaningfull lyrics, but make lame choruses and repeatable verses, while DGD can bring stupid lyrics to life. Just listen to their vocalist and guitarist's band, Secret Band. Maybe the lyrics make no sense, but they're more talented than pretty much all the bands that were named here. + They're amongst the best live performers I've seen. The instrumentals are flawless and so are the vocals most of the time. 

i love that most of these are great artist that i absolutely LOVE <3 thanks kingdom. you took over my job after i ran outta free time to run LeakySlut <3