Lord Kingdom

2016 AOTY WINNER

84 posts in this topic

Dance Gavin dance won because 1. Mostly kids here and they're signed to rise records only the most overrated record label in the game putting out most mediocre bands for only the most infantile minds. 2. All the attention they've drawn to themselves with bullshit band member drama over the years. 3. They write meaningless nonsensical lyrics that run in the same vein of rap. Easily relatable, makes good tumblr posts. But for real Slice the Cake is what really should have won but yeah fucking right. MUCH too intellectual and complex for most.

Good thing about this is that I don't have to kill myself becaue people picked Beartooth or I Prevail as AOTY. Loved every record of the list, it was a fun year.

LET THE CHAOS BECAUSE YOUR PICK WASN'T #1 BEGIN...

Btw don't think Architects should be No. 1 neither, I think they're really overrated too, and they just got alot of Hype because of the sad tragedy that happened this year, Stil sad but still not that great. If anyone can change my mind on it, you're welcome to tell me different.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Btw don't think Architects should be No. 1 neither, I think they're really overrated too, and they just got alot of Hype because of the sad tragedy that happened this year, Stil sad but still not that great. If anyone can change my mind on it, you're welcome to tell me different.

lol you think they just got popular recently and because of the guitarist dying? Where have you been?

A lot of people "think" of this "argument" but holy shit what? :D How can people be so empathetic to the point where even if music's shit they'd go "oh but lol that guy died so gotta honor his legacy, TOP ALBUM 2016!". Also it did won May AOTM while he was alive so once again, bullshit argument, and I'd personally never vote for it like that. A lot of people constantly praise ABR and thought they had the best metalcore album last year (dont remember the KL situation) and while I thought the album was great it was once again never in my top 10 as I had other opinions, doesn't mean they're magically overrated or some other bullshit. Put things in perspective, please. It's always a popularity and hype contest anyways, have you seen some underground band that no one expected to be good turn out to win AOTM? 

I voted for ETID, so I'm happy with that. I think Architects new one was alright, but it's definitely overrated. Same with DGD. Instant Gratification was one of my top 3 from last year, and I was anticipating Mothership just as much as anyone, but I felt it fell flat overall. A few songs, like 'Deception,' 'Inspire the Liars,' 'Here Comes the Winner,' and 'Betrayed by the Game' were fire, but the rest...not so much. Anyways, I'd give the list a 5/7.

I voted for ETID, so I'm happy with that. I think Architects new one was alright, but it's definitely overrated. Same with DGD. Instant Gratification was one of my top 3 from last year, and I was anticipating Mothership just as much as anyone, but I felt it fell flat overall. A few songs, like 'Deception,' 'Inspire the Liars,' 'Here Comes the Winner,' and 'Betrayed by the Game' were fire, but the rest...not so much. Anyways, I'd give the list a 5/7.

Instant Gratification > Mothership

It's one thing to dislike the album, but to criticize someone's music taste as shit is just an irrelevant response imo.

it's a fact that the average music taste in here is ehm.. average-commercial?

And yeah, there have been a shit ton of better albums this year, that would've deserved the AOTY title.

Dance Gavin dance won because 1. Mostly kids here and they're signed to rise records only the most overrated record label in the game putting out most mediocre bands for only the most infantile minds. 2. All the attention they've drawn to themselves with bullshit band member drama over the years. 3. They write meaningless nonsensical lyrics that run in the same vein of rap. Easily relatable, makes good tumblr posts. But for real Slice the Cake is what really should have won but yeah fucking right. MUCH too intellectual and complex for most.

The most pretentious comment on this thread

:shrug:

I so miss Erra's old style, their new album is still good.. but for my taste could have been soo much better if they still had the sound from their older stuff.  Same thing happened with Novelists..  The new Periphery album should have gotten some love too

I disagree with your comments on DGD but I can't also believe Slice the Cake didn't make this list! Their latest album is one of the best I've heard in years.