Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

Lord Kingdom

2016 AOTY WINNER

84 posts in this topic

med_gallery_3_3_92906.jpeg

After counting the votes twice, not only double checking but also creating 2 different lists, we have a winner!

After counting up everyone's top 3 choices (573 votes), here's our top 10 albums of 2016!

(top 3 were the same order when i initially counted everyone's number 1 album)

1st Place  - Dance Gavin Dance - Mothership (59)

2nd Place - Architects - All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us (52)

3rd Place - Every Time I Die - Low Teens (21)

4. Erra - Drift (16)

A Day to Remember - Bad Vibrations (16)

6. Issues - Headspace (15)

I See Stars - Treehouse (15)

Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound (15)

Hands Like Houses - Dissonants (15)

Emarosa - 131 (15)

10. Too Close To Touch - Haven't Been Myself (12)

Well, Architects or Beartooth didn't get number one so this is a success in my books.

Architects rule and you drool!
SamHain likes this

DGD is the only album I am still spinning on a regular basis. Never really gave the new Architects a try, but now maybe I should... This entire list would make a nice playlist top to bottom though.

No Knocked Loose or The Amity Affliction on that's list? Damn My Top 10 Albums of The Year are so different than, it's also due to the fact I included rap albums/mixtapes. Due to the fact I listen to both Metal & Rap. But I agree that ERRA, Hands Like Houses, and Silent Planet should be on that list. So I'm happy either way

No Knocked Loose or The Amity Affliction on that's list? Damn My Top 10 Albums of The Year are so different than, it's also due to the fact I included rap albums/mixtapes. Due to the fact I listen to both Metal & Rap. But I agree that ERRA, Hands Like Houses, and Silent Planet should be on that list. So I'm happy either way.

lol I voted for Knocked Loose as first but TAA wouldn't even be in my TOP 100

Ad0492 likes this

Really not earned this time, I love DGD to death, but Mothership wasn't all that great imo tho. I think they got No 1 again, just because it's DGD, but idk, maybe I have to relisten to it, to actually catch the beauty of it.

Btw don't think Architects should be No. 1 neither, I think they're really overrated too, and they just got alot of Hype because of the sad tragedy that happened this year, Stil sad but still not that great. If anyone can change my mind on it, you're welcome to tell me different.