Sign in to follow this  
mR12

Ice Nine Kills - Safe Is Just a Shadow (Re-Shadowed and Re-Recorded) (2017)

48 posts in this topic

God damn the Greatest Story Ever Told is why I love post hardcore like this. Don't listen to PHC often anymore but its so catchy and aggressive, a fine balance few post hardcore bands achieve. All versions of the song sound insanely similar though, they're such a consistent band. 

What's the point of re-releases?

This is not only a re-release but it's been completely re-recorded. Using more modern and up to date production methods (aka things they couldn't or didn't do when the album originally released) this album sounds MARGINALLY better than the original. It sounds so much cleaner, crisper, and more accurately reflects the bands current sound. Check it out before you just write it off. I only really approve of these when they are re-recorded, and when it's either the band's best album (which is subjective) or most popular album

Mixing is perfect. Ice Nine Kills was from the beginning a very interesting band. They know how to be heavy and yet melodic at the same time. Can't wait for their new album. SIJAS is one of the most amazing metalcore albums ever created. I still miss old INK sound back in "Last Chance To Make Amends".