41 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

hype, thanks 

This is the exact era of them that I've never listened to lol

Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

God damn this is gonna be so good! The first redux was phenomenal, and it seems it will be just as good (if not better)! 

Inject this into my eyes let's go!!

Solid choices.  Really glad November is on this, one of their most underrated.  Already heard the single release for that earlier, but plenty of good throughout here.

• Upvote 1

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

Excelente aporte y pagina gracias !!!

was listening to the album last week during their Twitch live, it is seriously a great move compared to Redux I, this album is going further into exploring old songs, adding more layers. Even creating a new full song based on a 1 minute song. Cellos, new guitars... IMHO I would love to hear a Re-Redux I, because it feels more rushed, Redux II feels entirely well thought and better produced. Of course last week was a streaming and I haven't heard Redux II with the best setup, but I do expect chills.

I actually hate My Disaster 2.0. The original version was absolutely perfect, and is one of my favourite Silverstein songs. This new version is an abomination.

5 minutes ago, cabose369 said:

I actually hate My Disaster 2.0. The original version was absolutely perfect, and is one of my favourite Silverstein songs. This new version is an abomination.

I like the guitar in the chorus in 2.0, but the rest of the song is butchered sadly.

• Upvote 1

Thanks!! :pray:

so what Silverstein really needed was 808 drops.. who knew?

but really tho, THIS is how you re-release old material.  more plz

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, luvjobbies said:

these redux is such a cash grab :rolleyes:

How? Only their hardcore fans bother with these releases. Their full length they dropped earlier this year did really well they literally did this to keep busy during quarantine because their twenty year anniversary tour got shelved. 

12 hours ago, Denito said:

This is the exact era of them that I've never listened to lol

Thanks!

So their first 13 years as a band? 😆 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, iloveblink182 said:

How? Only their hardcore fans bother with these releases. Their full length they dropped earlier this year did really well they literally did this to keep busy during quarantine because their twenty year anniversary tour got shelved. 

because why bother touching up old songs..no one wants to hear that :lol: let them be

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, luvjobbies said:

because why bother touching up old songs..no one wants to hear that :lol: let them be

I wanna hear them and they are doing them for fun. Did you even bother checking out the first ten years? They crushed that set of songs! http://www.silversteinmusic.com/news/28/redux-the-first-10-years---available-now

• Upvote 1

this sounds pretty good for my first Silverstein album, I always mistake them for the band that has a frog on the album cover

18 hours ago, cabose369 said:

I'd have to disagree. Having been a massive SIlverstein fan since 2003, Arrivals & Departures is by far their worst and most soulless album IMO. While the songs might be alright, the production of them is super poor and is really lacking any life (which is odd as Mark Trombino's mixes are normally pretty fun and forward sounding). Shane has said numerous time the band wasn't happy with the album and producer as they were super rushed and didn't get a chance to go back and polish off the songs. Shane is also my favourite vocalist and it sounds as if on Arrivals & Departures he has had his soul ripped out and his voice is just really lacking any energy, life or emotion. All the re-recorded versions of songs of the album on Redux 1 and 2 sound a million times better than the originals. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, AtheistPeace said:

I'd have to disagree. Having been a massive SIlverstein fan since 2003, Arrivals & Departures is by far their worst and most soulless album IMO. While the songs might be alright, the production of them is super poor and is really lacking any life (which is odd as Mark Trombino's mixes are normally pretty fun and forward sounding). Shane has said numerous time the band wasn't happy with the album and producer as they were super rushed and didn't get a chance to go back and polish off the songs. Shane is also my favourite vocalist and it sounds as if on Arrivals & Departures he has had his soul ripped out and his voice is just really lacking any energy, life or emotion. All the re-recorded versions of songs of the album on Redux 1 and 2 sound a million times better than the originals. 

Agreed 💯 

People always need something to complain about, don't they? I would get the saying of "cash grab" when it would have been a super late deluxe edition (Sumerian Records, I'm looking straight at you), but not for 12 re-recorded songs where some of them even sound better than their OG's. I usually agree with the saying of "if it is not broken, don't try fixing it", but if they do their job well - which they clearly do - let them do so. 

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

4 hours ago, AtheistPeace said:

I guess that is why we disagree. I think Arrivals & Departures is probably their best all around album. Sure there are some better songs on other albums. But front to back I thought Arrivals & Departures was their best album because almost every song was at least good, save for Love With Caution. If You Could See Into My Soul is my favourite Silverstein song. We will also probably disagree on this one too but I think A Beautiful Place to Drown is their second best album. Sure I love songs like Smile In Your Sleep, American Dream, Vices, My Heroine, Your Sword vs My Daggeer, but I found that often those were the only songs that I really liked on their respective albums. I've been listening to them since 03 also since they are a local band to where I live, and therefore have seen them live many, many times. But I have a weird preferences with Silverstein. It could just be because I have listened to them for 17 years. But since Arrivals & Departures came out my opinion has not changed that it is their best album to date.

17 hours ago, iloveblink182 said:

I began listening to them around 2012, right after Rescue was released. I also own DtWF, but nothing else pre-Rescure.

38 minutes ago, Denito said:

I began listening to them around 2012, right after Rescue was released. I also own DtWF, but nothing else pre-Rescure.

discovering the waterfront & a shipwreck in the sand are their best early releases IMO. when broken is easily fixed is good too for nostalgia but the recordings aren’t the greatest. Solid album though. I would definitely give shipwreck a listen. It’s a well thought out concept album. 

4 hours ago, Burst said:

"if it is not broken, don't try fixing it", 

was that intentional 

17 hours ago, iloveblink182 said:

I wanna hear them and they are doing them for fun. Did you even bother checking out the first ten years? They crushed that set of songs! http://www.silversteinmusic.com/news/28/redux-the-first-10-years---available-now

ah fair enough! i haven't, but i might just check them out :P

• Love 1

1 hour ago, indiglo said:

was that intentional 

Yes, like a saying of "don't change something that is already perfect". 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

6 minutes ago, Burst said:

Yes, like a saying of "don't change something that is already perfect". 

im familiar with the saying, i mean were you making a reference to their first album.  going to take that as a 'no' then lol

brave mountains in major sounds like a sum 41 song and i love it