Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Periphery - Live In London (2020)

37 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

them boys

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

I was at the Bristol gig and it was honestly one of the best gigs I've been to.  Really looking forward to this - Spencer's voice is just so good!

Hell yes! Is this version of Reptile the one featuring Plini?

No flatline realy disapointed but gona take a spin of this beast still

3 hours ago, Mathrin said:

I was at the Bristol gig and it was honestly one of the best gigs I've been to.  Really looking forward to this - Spencer's voice is just so good!

At my show, Spencer did like one song then he said his throat hurt too bad and he couldn't do anymore....he prob had covid (back in feb). Was all instrumental and the two openers were instrumental. Easily the worst concert I've ever been to. I like Periphery but I decided that night I'd never go to another Periphery show again. I prob wouldn't have been as annoyed if the first two bands didn't suck....animals as leaders is really the only instrumental I can deal with and I don't really like them neither. Just not my thing with no vocals. Super disappointing. I get they're trying to make their money and it's a hassle but they should've canceled the show and came back after the tour wrapped.

Saw Incubus and brandon boyd was noticeably sick, then he cancelled the show the night after. His voice was cracking some, but he did the whole show and he's like twice the age of spencer. He was still good but some of the higher notes he definetly let the crowd do it. They were still good.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ban 2

Good stuff, didn't realise this was coming out now. Spencer sounds pretty good here based on the couple of tracks I listened to thus far.

Hopefully this'll drop on CD so I can add it to the collection. If not, still glad it got released! Thanks for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

17 hours ago, Crowing51 said:

So because a vocalist got covid(something life ending) you'll decide to never see them again? Where were you the previous 11 year's they played live? Lol. Shit happens. An why would they cancel when they've done instrumental sets before (actually a big fan request) an he still managed most of the tour. Atleast you got a band performance. I'd love a instrumental periphery set. 

Good for you, I hate instrumentals. Cancel the show if you can't perform. If you do a instrumental set then market that and people that want that can pay for that

Periphery will never see another penny from me

Bad business. I'd imagine if Sumerian was still in charge the show would've never happened and they would've refunded or rescheduled 

All the incubus shows that were cancelled because of Boyd being ill were rescheduled at the start of the next tour. Because incubus has business people calling the shots and periphery wanted to do things on their own

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, amazonbasics said:

Good for you, I hate instrumentals. Cancel the show if you can't perform. If you do a instrumental set then market that and people that want that can pay for that

Bad business. I'd imagine if Sumerian was still in charge the show would've never happened and they would've refunded or rescheduled 

All the incubus shows that were cancelled because of Boyd being ill were rescheduled at the start of the next tour. Because incubus has business people calling the shots and periphery wanted to do things on their own

I love how your only reply is to not liking instrumental sets (Also periphery have done instrumental sets under sumerian aswell) An usually they make sure to let people coming to the show it's gonna be a instrumental set of spencer drops out because of family emergency or illness.

Also you are talking about the show that spencer still tried to perform. An he definitely did half the set. It's on youtube lol. All you've said is you're a overly entitled asshole with no forms of empathy for anyone just because you happen to not like instrumental bands. So because you happened to go to one show where the vocalist couldn't finish the set because of a deadly illness you're never giving periphery any of your money? Why are you even on this page then? To complain about your one "bad" experience of a 25 dollar ticket? 

Which I wouldn't even call a bad experience because periphery are tight live so I know they didn't put on a bad set. You just don't like instrumental bands..also implying covet an arch Echo are bad bands is even more hilarious. 

Suck it up an move on. Shit happens an it isn't the end of the world 😂 "bad business"

• Love 1
  • Ban 1

On 11/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, Crowing51 said:

I love how your only reply is to not liking instrumental sets (Also periphery have done instrumental sets under sumerian aswell) An usually they make sure to let people coming to the show it's gonna be a instrumental set of spencer drops out because of family emergency or illness.

Also you are talking about the show that spencer still tried to perform. An he definitely did half the set. It's on youtube lol. All you've said is you're a overly entitled asshole with no forms of empathy for anyone just because you happen to not like instrumental bands. So because you happened to go to one show where the vocalist couldn't finish the set because of a deadly illness you're never giving periphery any of your money? Why are you even on this page then? To complain about your one "bad" experience of a 25 dollar ticket? 

Which I wouldn't even call a bad experience because periphery are tight live so I know they didn't put on a bad set. You just don't like instrumental bands..also implying covet an arch Echo are bad bands is even more hilarious. 

Suck it up an move on. Shit happens an it isn't the end of the world 😂 "bad business"

Yeah, bad business is saying you are delivering a product and in turn not delivering said product.

I have moved on, I won't ever give periphery another penny...that is moving on

I did not say what show I went to, but spencer definitely did not do half the set. And once again, a more estabilished and successful band with a singer almost 45 years old finished the show where he was noticeably losing his voice. It's easy, cancel the show if you can't deliver the product then either refund the customers or reschedule when you can actually deliver the product you're supposed to.

Bad business, I will go to another incubus show, will never go to another periphery show nor pay for any of their products

I get it, you're a fan, you're on their dick....it's bad business regardless of your bias and their ability to do no wrong

9 minutes ago, amazonbasics said:

Yeah, bad business is saying you are delivering a product and in turn not delivering said product.

I have moved on, I won't ever give periphery another penny...that is moving on

I did not say what show I went to, but spencer definitely did not do half the set. And once again, a more estabilished and successful band with a singer almost 45 years old finished the show where he was noticeably losing his voice. It's easy, cancel the show if you can't deliver the product then either refund the customers or reschedule when you can actually deliver the product you're supposed to.

Bad business, I will go to another incubus show, will never go to another periphery show nor pay for any of their products

I get it, you're a fan, you're on their dick....it's bad business regardless of your bias and their ability to do no wrong

Also saw a erra show where jt got sick and couldn't even make it to the back... Threw up mid song on side of stage, went right back to it, didn't miss a song. 

Spencer is a puss

Deliver your product or stay home 

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Ban 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:41 AM, amazonbasics said:

Don't think they really care all that much about your pennies in particular big guy, how does that compare to all the shows they're selling out instrumental or not. Let's see you get up on stage and play the guitar with broken fingers, or play the drums with broken arms. Shit happens, get over yourself

Saw them in L.A. back in February, same setlist. They fucking killed it, and I personally would kill to see them again, instrumental or not

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Forgot how much I enjoyed Hail Stan. Shame they never got to tour it down here. 

1 hour ago, Phantomanthem2017 said:

Don't think they really care all that much about your pennies in particular big guy, how does that compare to all the shows they're selling out instrumental or not. Let's see you get up on stage and play the guitar with broken fingers, or play the drums with broken arms. Shit happens, get over yourself

Saw them in L.A. back in February, same setlist. They fucking killed it, and I personally would kill to see them again, instrumental or not

They probably should care "big guy" as that's why they're a band playing 1pm at festivals, and not later. Imagine the people seeing them for the first time that night, waste of money, they won't be back, they won't be bringing in new fans. Bad business, should've cancelled show. I wouldn't expect a groupie to ubderstand business, just idealizing their heroes who can do no wrong. 

Go to Ruths Chris and buy yourself a $75 24 ounce ribeye, when they bring you a 6oz and still charge you $75. Make sure you chew it up, enjoy it, and shut the fuck up with your complaints, lol

Periphery, easily the 2nd worst show I've ever been to. The Contortionist was prob the worst bc I think they were wasted and not even trying. At least they showed up and fulfilled their obligations like adults tho, so I guess periphery is the worst show after all. 

They'll prob resign with a label soon once they realize they're not cut out for the business side of things tho.

Read the article on the Sumerian founder explaining their departure and how they simply didn't get the business side of things.... Clearly you don't neither, lol. Ignorance is bliss

8 minutes ago, amazonbasics said:

Go to Ruths Chris and buy yourself a $75 24 ounce ribeye, when they bring you a 6oz and still charge you $75. Make sure you chew it up, enjoy it, and shut the fuck up

I'd still be happy with a 6oz steak from Ruths Chris ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

I'd still be happy with a 6oz steak from Ruths Chris ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry dude, if you're paying $75 (or whatever the price is) for a 24 oz steak...and they bring 1/4 of what they're selling to your table. You need to be comp'd with a free potato, a super discount on the total meal, a rain check/voucher/coupon, give you a free side, a chicken leg....something. 

I'm not musician, but I do own a business. If I wasn't able to deliver my product or attend where I need to be, the customer would be getting compensated in some way for my inability to deliver what was promised. I wouldn't take their money and not deliver on what was expected. That's garbage.

2 minutes ago, amazonbasics said:

Sorry dude, if you're paying $75 (or whatever the price is) for a 24 oz steak...and they bring 1/4 of what they're selling to your table. You need to be comp'd with a free potato, a super discount on the total meal, give you a side, a chicken leg....something. 

I'm not musician, but I do own a business. If I wasn't able to deliver my product or attend where I need to be, the customer would be getting compensated in some way for my inability to deliver what was promised. I wouldn't take their money and not deliver on what was expected. That's garbage.

oh sorry I don't care about the two of you guys' silly argument

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

oh sorry I don't care about the two of you guys' silly argument

you evidently cared enough to respond

and i guarantee if you paid 75 for a 24oz steak, you wouldn't be silent and satisifed with the 6oz....neither would the other two trying to stick up for periphery poor showing

Maybe someone can pre-order a $500 ps5, in turn receive a used ps3 and explain to us how that makes sense, how that's good business, and is still worth your $500. 

Certainly, you should still continue to give Sony your money and just get over the unfortunate mishap 

1 hour ago, amazonbasics said:

They probably should care "big guy" as that's why they're a band playing 1pm at festivals, and not later. Imagine the people seeing them for the first time that night, waste of money, they won't be back, they won't be bringing in new fans. Bad business, should've cancelled show. I wouldn't expect a groupie to ubderstand business, just idealizing their heroes who can do no wrong. 

Go to Ruths Chris and buy yourself a $75 24 ounce ribeye, when they bring you a 6oz and still charge you $75. Make sure you chew it up, enjoy it, and shut the fuck up with your complaints, lol

Periphery, easily the 2nd worst show I've ever been to. The Contortionist was prob the worst bc I think they were wasted and not even trying. At least they showed up and fulfilled their obligations like adults tho, so I guess periphery is the worst show after all. 

They'll prob resign with a label soon once they realize they're not cut out for the business side of things tho.

Read the article on the Sumerian founder explaining their departure and how they simply didn't get the business side of things.... Clearly you don't neither, lol. Ignorance is bliss

Goddamn! You seem salty. Theres a difference between idolizing a band, saying that can do no wrong and preferring the get a show (instrumental or not) over having the whole thing canceled. How about this, if you really think so low of this band, why are you putting so much time into commenting on here and arguing with people online who actually care about the band like some internet gangster 😅 why not just ignore the leak and stick to whatever you want??

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Phantomanthem2017 said:

Goddamn! You seem salty. Theres a difference between idolizing a band, saying that can do no wrong and preferring the get a show (instrumental or not) over having the whole thing canceled. How about this, if you really think so low of this band, why are you putting so much time into commenting on here and arguing with people online who actually care about the band like some internet gangster 😅 why not just ignore the leak and stick to whatever you want??

Because he's a idiot. Talking about the worse show he's ever been to because the vocalist was sick. Didn't say the band was bad instrumental or not. It all is because of spencer being sick. Now let spencer have had covid, tried to finish the set an died this ungrateful fuck would scream. "Worst band, worse show. The singer had the nerve to die...bad business!"

Yet here he is still listening to their music like the fucking swine he is. "They'll never get my money but I'll damn sure illegally download their music because I'm not worth the 20 bucks I spent on the ONE  show I'm bitching about" 

• Love 2
  • Ban 1

5 minutes ago, Crowing51 said:

Because he's a idiot. Talking about the worse show he's ever been to because the vocalist was sick. Didn't say the band was bad instrumental or not. It all is because of spencer being sick. Now let spencer have had covid, tried to finish the set an died this ungrateful fuck would scream. "Worst band, worse show. The singer had the nerve to die...bad business!"

Yet here he is still listening to their music like the fucking swine he is. "They'll never get my money but I'll damn sure illegally download their music because I'm not worth the 20 bucks I spent on the ONE  show I'm bitching about" 

LOL, idiot? And you're thinking people die from singing while having covid? Is that how you save lives is by taking quietly. 

Like I said... Go buy yourself a 75 dollar 24oz ribeye and then keep your mouth shut and pay your 75 when they come out with the 6oz

If you don't get the analogy then, you're either legitimately a full fledged idiot and there's no hope for you or you're a hypocrite. 

Spencer wasn't gonna die by finishing the show, and he wasn't going to die by cancelling and rescheduling the show which is what they should've done if they couldn't deliver their product. Bad business. 

50 minutes ago, Phantomanthem2017 said:

I'm not putting much time in it.. Maybe 5 mins? 

Internet gangsters make threats online... Don't think I've threatened anyone, other than you being so offended that your idol is being criticized... Maybe that is making you feel threatened? Not meaning to hurt your feelings over the man crush, sorry you've been so offended by them not doing their job 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Huh, do people really complain nowadays that one gig had to be instrumental cause no one could have foreseen that Spencer would not make it to the next one?

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

3 hours ago, amazonbasics said:

I'm not putting much time in it.. Maybe 5 mins? 

Internet gangsters make threats online... Don't think I've threatened anyone, other than you being so offended that your idol is being criticized... Maybe that is making you feel threatened? Not meaning to hurt your feelings over the man crush, sorry you've been so offended by them not doing their job 

Are you done yet?

• Upvote 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

@amazonbasics  I care about steak, you delinquent.  not whether periphery are grifters or not

if you want to talk about steak let me know, personally I think Ruths Chris is mid but I do like the heated plates  :tumblrina:

8 hours ago, amazonbasics said:

@humbleledger God you are so attention seeking it’s actually unreal. You are purposely inserting yourself into drama, trying to be funny and yeah it’s just not that at all. Not surprising though cause it’s something you tend to do these days 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

9 minutes ago, Summers said:

@humbleledger God you are so attention seeking it’s actually unreal. You are purposely inserting yourself into drama, trying to be funny and yeah it’s just not that at all. Not surprising though cause it’s something you tend to do these days 

you're right about everything except the trying to be funny part, otherwise yeah agreed