desk

Oceans Ate Alaska - Metamorph [Single] (2020)

48 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I DID NOT EXPECT TO HEAR JAMES’ VOICE, WELCOME THE FUCK BACK

BANGER ALERT

• Love 2

yeah epic

So is Jake still in the band? Regardless, the song is a banger. Chris is once  again, incredible. Without a doubt one of the best drummers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Good to have to have James back in ocean's ate alaska 

honestly this is a fucking ripper of a track, I will say the track art is fuckin bad ngl.

• Upvote 3

klbanneredo-min.png

4 minutes ago, OrcaSmuggler said:

So is Jake still in the band? Regardless, the song is a banger. Chris is once  again, incredible. Without a doubt one of the best drummers. 

looks like he’s gone, hope it was an amicable departure

yeah epic

Is this serious James? Extreme vocals are very similar, but clean vocals like Jack

6 minutes ago, PaidInFull said:

looks like he’s gone, hope it was an amicable departure

Man, that really sucks. Never disliked James, but I’m probably in the minority that preferred Jack. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Animata said:

Is it true James? Extreme vocals are very similar, but clean vocals like Jack

Just now, OrcaSmuggler said:

Man, that really sucks. Never disliked James, but I’m probably in the minority that preferred Jack. 

The second vocalists' name is Jake btw

• Haha 2

I am glad they are back!!!!! Nice banger!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

6 minutes ago, shfydgi said:

The second vocalists' name is Jake btw

I know, just a typo, I had Jake in my first post. 

This is fucking gnarly. Really liked Jake but definitely preferred James, so this was a nice surprise.

also dig that his first line in the song is “did you miss me?”

wonder if Livealie is still gonna be a thing now?

432 CREW IS BACK!

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Click ^ to see reviews.

how about james rejoin the band and jake still in the band AND oaa have 2 vocals hahaha

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheRipper said:

how about james rejoin the band and jake still in the band AND oaa have 2 vocals hahaha

I’m kind of hoping that Jake is still in and they brought James back for just a song. They had a photo of songs they were recording, and one was called trick the listener, and I’m kind of hoping that applies here. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OrcaSmuggler said:

I’m kind of hoping that Jake is still in and they brought James back for just a song. They had a photo of songs they were recording, and one was called trick the listener, and I’m kind of hoping that applies here. 

5 minutes ago, TheRipper said:

according to the credits, jake had nothing to do with this song, i don't think he's around anymore

yeah epic

James sounds great and the song rips. I was in the boat hoping we’d get more Jake as well but it’s all good. They don’t sound all that much different. Song is a little short  but still a solid single, excited to see the video.

the different elements of this song have been done much better by other bands 

it ain't bad but it's just ehhhhhhhhhh

• Upvote 2

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

incredible as always. this is so worth the wait.

Damn. I was just jamming "Clocks" yesterday and then this happens. 

Other than the drummer being stupid, i don't really understand the hype on this band. Doesn't sound much different than what alot of other bands are doing. 

• Upvote 1

ogmf theyre old vomcalist Jeoffrey sounded so good. what happen

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Ban 1

18 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

Other than the drummer being stupid, i don't really understand the hype on this band. Doesn't sound much different than what alot of other bands are doing. 

Did you listen to their last album? That album turned me into a fan. Incredible front to back for so many reasons. 

James being back is such a treat, yes we did miss you. The other guy was good too.

However, this kinda sounds like a watered down version of Hansha.

Still pretty good tho

If it's James doing the cleans, he really got better at it, because it was a complaint I had about him as a vocalist. Also that he had some trouble screaming a whole song live from all the live performance videos I've seen from them, but his range is incredible and it must not be easy to repeat that live. I guess he's aware of this flaw and they will most likely record stuff he'll be able to reproduce live this time around. 

I’ve never been into these guys, like ever. But this single was banging as fuck. Those who know me know I love clean vocals a lot. I tried their last album, and only enjoyed a few songs, Hansha included. I honestly hope for more like this, with the cleans of course, but they keep their heaviness and don’t do what other bands do, and hit a “soft & synthy” patch of their career. 

Fuck yes. Happy to have James back personally.

So happy James is back, thought he was easily one of the better metalcore vocalists studio and live.