Sign in to follow this  
967-EVIL

AC/DC - Power Up (2020)

52 posts in this topic

“Through The Mists Of Time”... what is this, a Rush album?

In all seriousness I’m actually kinda stoked to give this a listen. I’m sure it’ll sound exactly how I expect, but these guys are nothing if not consistent.

Thanks alot : )

Does the mix sound really odd in spots to anyone else? Just a couple examples but it's throughout the entire album. In Code Red there's really nice punchy bass/low end until the chorus kicks in, then it disappears until the next verse starts. And in No Man's Land that punch is altogether missing throughout the entire song.

Wonder if it sounds the same as everything else they’ve ever recorded 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, StinkyWinky said:

Wonder if it sounds the same as everything else they’ve ever recorded 

Yes it does but are you going to complain about Slayer doing the same thing, if it ain't broke don't fix it 

• Upvote 3

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

The most consistent band of all time? Maybe. Great leak!

Hell yeah! Cheers

tenor.gif

31 minutes ago, Summers said:

Yes it does but are you going to complain about Slayer doing the same thing, if it ain't broke don't fix it 

Never been a fan of slayer anyway. I don’t like bands that you can play most of their catalog at once and it sounds like the same song

• Upvote 7

Link doesn't work

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, StinkyWinky said:

Never been a fan of slayer anyway. I don’t like bands that you can play most of their catalog at once and it sounds like the same song

just stop listening to those bands. and bitching accordingly

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i never really get why this band keep recording same song for 40+ years round and round 

• Upvote 6

Hell yea! So good! 

44 minutes ago, Yylyp said:

i never really get why this band keep recording same song for 40+ years round and round 

Because it doesn't bother their fans, it's what the fans want

Can't beat the classic groups - thanks for posting!

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Fitting comeback record after Malcolm.  It's an AC/DC record, what do you expect? If you're into any of their songs, you'll like this because sonically it sounds like all the rest.  That isn't a backhanded compliment either.  7/10.

• Ban 4

6 hours ago, Summers said:

God stfu

Sorry I'm just so excited to see some real rock 'n' roll music

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomoLust said:

Imagine dragons thread was a few back my man, that's where the real R0K's at Lan. 

• Upvote 1

For me, AC/DC albums get better the more I hear it.

And after 1 listen, there are 3 great tracks, notably Through the Mists of Time.

10 hours ago, TomoLust said:

Imagine trying to dictate how a band should sound forty years into their career, you should probably just stick to your own lane/music taste cause you obviously have no idea about any other genre besides the one you gatekeep

• Upvote 7

On 11/2/2020 at 5:36 PM, Summers said:

Except that you can hear differences between some Slayer albums. With AC/DC, the only difference I could spot was that they got slightly harder with the years. Still gonna listen to it, but I just couldn't let you say Slayer was doing the same thing without reacting x)

8 minutes ago, Kalthoreil said:

Except that you can hear differences between some Slayer albums. With AC/DC, the only difference I could spot was that they got slightly harder with the years. Still gonna listen to it, but I just couldn't let you say Slayer was doing the same thing without reacting x)

Well with that logic you can hear the difference with the singers then lol

Shouldn't say the same with Slayer but they have followed similar tropes since their inception and you know its a Slayer record like you know AC/DC record is an AC/DC record

• Upvote 3

great production. good all around sound as a band. I just hoped for some more differences from track to track. The singles "Shot in the dark' and "Demon Fire" along with "Code Red" are the standout tracks for me right now. Not bad for these guys pushing 70. Hope it's not the very last we hear from them.  Love me some AC/DC!

38 minutes ago, Summers said:

Well with that logic you can hear the difference with the singers then lol

Shouldn't say the same with Slayer but they have followed similar tropes since their inception and you know its a Slayer record like you know AC/DC record is an AC/DC record

Fun-fact : I sometimes still struggle with their singers x)

But the fact with Slayer is that their most-known songs are either super-fast or super-slow, + they have that specific sound. AC/DC goes the same way, and I felt it with the 30 first seconds of the album. So yeah, this AC/DC album is definitely made of AC/DC music, but I somehow find it more of a loss that they barely changed over the years. I've seen someone say "Don't change what isn't broken", but I wonder how some people still value this band as one of the best ever. They have had a golden period but today they're just recycling imo

5 hours ago, Summers said:

Imagine trying to dictate how a band should sound forty years into their career, you should probably just stick to your own lane/music taste cause you obviously have no idea about any other genre besides the one you gatekeep

Imagine trying to dictate the way I verbalize enjoying some real rock and roll.