Sign in to follow this  
967-EVIL

Like Moths to Flames - No Eternity In Gold (2020)

54 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Let's go!!! Singles have been amazing super stoked

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

YEAR OF THE FUCKIN MOTH!!!

• Upvote 1

Let’s gooo!

so excited to hear this

AH FUCK YES!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS

Lets go \m/ \m/

the non-singles are the best songs

SUPER STOKED!!!!!! LET'S MOTHS FAMILY!!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

This album is fucking awesome

Pretty solid album. Again, it’s not groundbreaking but it was a banger. Didn’t know if we would see these guys get this heavy again. I think my favs are Anatomy of Evil, God Complex ( although I find the chorus unnecessary ), Killing..., And Demon of my Own. Although the closing breakdown for Spiritual Eclipse is really nice. 

• Upvote 1

LETS FUCKING GO YOTM

Potentially good album ruined by bad mixing (low vocals).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

@ywvlf might want to i. Check your hearing, bud; ii check your headphones; or iii. Turn up the volume lol.  The mixing sounds amazing and vocals are not low. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, brown10 said:

@ywvlf might want to i. Check your hearing, bud; ii check your headphones; or iii. Turn up the volume lol.  The mixing sounds amazing and vocals are not low. 

well i guess the multiple guys mentioning the low vocals as well might have to go through that list of yours, too.

By no means am I saying that this latest record is perfect or even the ideal Like Moths To Flames record; it certainly has the odd flaw. For one, nearly every single fan by now has noticed how quiet vocalist Chris Roetter is in the mix

from the killyourstereo.com review, bud.

• Upvote 3

The low vocals make me so sad; apart from that, the music fucking SLAPS.  BIWDIF is the clear favorite; Spiritual Eclipse and Killing What's Underneath are just behind.  Well done boys.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I listened to the album and the vocals were not low at all for me? 

Also, this album hits like a fucking train. So fucking good. 

Best songs: The Anatomy of Evil, Burn In Water, Drown in Flame, God Complex, Killing What's Underneath and Spiritual Eclipse. 

• Upvote 3

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

This album definitely slaps harder than the last album especially the drums🥁👋🏽

• Upvote 1

Album is great, just not as great as Dark Divine for me

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

As stated by others, the vocals sitting low in the mix bothers me. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, brown10 said:

The vocals are horrible quiet, never heard a worse mix of an album like this. Maybe Bury Tomorrow - Black Flame was worse but this album just put the cherry on the cake when it comes to shit mixing. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

i just disliked the low voice but it's still great tho.

• Upvote 2

I still really enjoy this and I can most likely get past the low vocals in the mix. I'm just wondering how a whole band, the producer or anyone who got to listen to the final mix never thought the vocals were a little too low?! How the hell is that even possible? I don't see how this could be an artistical choice... But still, this is top notch metalcore and hopefully the vocals won't bother me too much on the long run. 

• Upvote 8

This is a straight up banger. 

• Upvote 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

@ywvlf  oh to be honest I did not think it was an issue but for how many people complaining about low vocals I guess it could be a major issue. I wonder why i'm not hearing low mixing on the vocals? maybe im not using high quality headphones...? hmm. 

certainly was not trying to insult you so I apologize if my intentions came across sarcastically. 

still a banger of a record, imho! 

• Love 1

not as catchy as dark divine, but the songwriting/riffage is way more interesting

• Upvote 1

Imagine putting all this work into an album and releasing it in the tour-less world of 2020 and having the vocals be too low in the mix. I don't think it's the worst offender of this in the world, though. I think if I read the lyrics this weekend, the vocals will feel more prominent in the mix as I'm more familiar with them; at least, that's usually the case for albums like these.

I only listened once but it's solid. I wish the songs varied a bit more cause I felt myself be a bit bored by the end. Good metalcore though.

• Upvote 2

BRAVO LMTF, phenomenal album

• Upvote 2

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

3 hours ago, Adec21 said:

I still really enjoy this and I can most likely get past the low vocals in the mix. I'm just wondering how a whole band, the producer or anyone who got to listen to the final mix never thought the vocals were a little too low?! How the hell is that even possible? I don't see how this could be an artistical choice... But still, this is top notch metalcore and hopefully the vocals won't bother me too much on the long run. 

this. fucking unbelievable.

• Upvote 3