Mr. Electric

AFFIANCE - Star Spangled [Single] (2020)

23 posts in this topic

Release - October 27, 2020
Genre - Americore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Star Spangled (1:44)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

Other Releases by

Are you kiddin' me? Did Affiance just randomly return from the death?? 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

26 minutes ago, Burst said:

Are you kiddin' me? Did Affiance just randomly return from the death?? 

They've been teasing a return since yesterday lmao

I learned about this yesterday as well, still a nice surprise. Too bad I deleted all their scrobbles from last.fm long ago ._.

• Confused 1

what what what!!!!!

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

ok nice to see that they are back, but really? the national anthem. Might as well have done a metal rendition of the ABC's

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

20 minutes ago, thelordfromage said:

Hilarious when you're not american 

hilarious even when you are American. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Weird cover, glad they are back. "MERICA, FUCK YEAH. COMIN AGAIN TA SAVE THA MUTHAFUCKIN DAY YEA"

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Smash_Adams said:

ok nice to see that they are back, but really? the national anthem. Might as well have done a metal rendition of the ABC's

Honestly this seems more like a teaser than an actual song... like this'll be the opening track of an album or EP that builds into a banger

All I wanna know is why?

next level patriotism, cringe as fuck

• Upvote 2
  • Ban 2

49 minutes ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

My understanding is that these guys are not at all a nationalist or right wing band.  They are advocating for police reform on twitter.  I would guess this is meant as ironic or that there's symbolism behind the funeral dirge take on it.

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

This is probably an intro.  Getting perhaps a bit of a vibe of the concept album that God Forbid did.

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

2 hours ago, daginge17 said:

Honestly this seems more like a teaser than an actual song... like this'll be the opening track of an album or EP that builds into a banger

if that's the case. fantastic. If not then mehhhhhhhhhhh

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Smash_Adams said:

if that's the case. fantastic. If not then mehhhhhhhhhhh

It's a pretty safe bet that it's an album intro or interlude at 1:44 and with its pace and style difference from their genre sound.  It's frankly a bit of an odd choice to throw out there as an initial return.  I see it's already confusing some people about their message as well.

banner2.jpg

10 minutes ago, SpecialAgentCooper said:

It's a pretty safe bet that it's an album intro or interlude at 1:44 and with its pace and style difference from their genre sound.  It's frankly a bit of an odd choice to throw out there as an initial return.  I see it's already confusing some people about their message as well.

To me, based on the fact that it's a minor key rendition, it's them expressing their concern for the state of and future of the country

1 minute ago, guywithamango said:

To me, based on the fact that it's a minor key rendition, it's them expressing their concern for the state of and future of the country

Yeah, basically.  I mentioned in another post above that it had almost like a funeral dirge kind of feel and I'm sure that's symbolic.  God Forbid did a similar genre concept album that reminds me of what this could very well be back in the mid 2000's.

banner2.jpg

On 10/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, MrPreApocalypse said:

There's literally holes in the flag and blood dripping from it, how could the symbolism be any more obvious?

• Upvote 1

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png

@LKA being the person who made the artwork, which is obviously not subtle with symbolism whatsoever, I have no clue how anyone could perceive this as patriotism lol

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, untilyesterday said:

@SpecialAgentCooper Having been asked to make the artwork for this, can confirm it's a minor key rendition for that purpose

Yeah, I think it was just the one poster who thought it was patriotic.

banner2.jpg

Glad to have them back. This is obviously satire/irony in some form but I didn't expect a straight-up cover of the anthem lol.

• Haha 1