All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Mr. Electric

AFFIANCE - Star Spangled [Single] (2020)

23 posts in this topic

Release - October 27, 2020
Genre - Americore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Star Spangled (1:44)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

Other Releases by

Are you kiddin' me? Did Affiance just randomly return from the death?? 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

26 minutes ago, Burst said:

Are you kiddin' me? Did Affiance just randomly return from the death?? 

They've been teasing a return since yesterday lmao

I learned about this yesterday as well, still a nice surprise. Too bad I deleted all their scrobbles from last.fm long ago ._.

• Confused 1

what what what!!!!!

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

ok nice to see that they are back, but really? the national anthem. Might as well have done a metal rendition of the ABC's

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

20 minutes ago, thelordfromage said:

Hilarious when you're not american 

hilarious even when you are American. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Weird cover, glad they are back. "MERICA, FUCK YEAH. COMIN AGAIN TA SAVE THA MUTHAFUCKIN DAY YEA"

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Smash_Adams said:

ok nice to see that they are back, but really? the national anthem. Might as well have done a metal rendition of the ABC's

Honestly this seems more like a teaser than an actual song... like this'll be the opening track of an album or EP that builds into a banger

All I wanna know is why?

next level patriotism, cringe as fuck

• Upvote 2
  • Ban 2

49 minutes ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

My understanding is that these guys are not at all a nationalist or right wing band.  They are advocating for police reform on twitter.  I would guess this is meant as ironic or that there's symbolism behind the funeral dirge take on it.

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

This is probably an intro.  Getting perhaps a bit of a vibe of the concept album that God Forbid did.

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

2 hours ago, daginge17 said:

Honestly this seems more like a teaser than an actual song... like this'll be the opening track of an album or EP that builds into a banger

if that's the case. fantastic. If not then mehhhhhhhhhhh

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

9 minutes ago, Smash_Adams said:

if that's the case. fantastic. If not then mehhhhhhhhhhh

It's a pretty safe bet that it's an album intro or interlude at 1:44 and with its pace and style difference from their genre sound.  It's frankly a bit of an odd choice to throw out there as an initial return.  I see it's already confusing some people about their message as well.

banner2.jpg

10 minutes ago, SpecialAgentCooper said:

It's a pretty safe bet that it's an album intro or interlude at 1:44 and with its pace and style difference from their genre sound.  It's frankly a bit of an odd choice to throw out there as an initial return.  I see it's already confusing some people about their message as well.

To me, based on the fact that it's a minor key rendition, it's them expressing their concern for the state of and future of the country

1 minute ago, guywithamango said:

To me, based on the fact that it's a minor key rendition, it's them expressing their concern for the state of and future of the country

Yeah, basically.  I mentioned in another post above that it had almost like a funeral dirge kind of feel and I'm sure that's symbolic.  God Forbid did a similar genre concept album that reminds me of what this could very well be back in the mid 2000's.

banner2.jpg

On 10/27/2020 at 10:03 PM, MrPreApocalypse said:

There's literally holes in the flag and blood dripping from it, how could the symbolism be any more obvious?

• Upvote 1

ABUSEOFPOWER.JPG

BCJNh3t.png

@LKA being the person who made the artwork, which is obviously not subtle with symbolism whatsoever, I have no clue how anyone could perceive this as patriotism lol

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, untilyesterday said:

@SpecialAgentCooper Having been asked to make the artwork for this, can confirm it's a minor key rendition for that purpose

Yeah, I think it was just the one poster who thought it was patriotic.

banner2.jpg

Glad to have them back. This is obviously satire/irony in some form but I didn't expect a straight-up cover of the anthem lol.

• Haha 1