NieR:Automata™

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR (2020)

276 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Drown said:

The release is amazing and all, but real question is: Was this just a pre-album EP or THIS is BMTH8?

Either way doesn't matter much but I am kind of questionning the point of the whole video series they recorded during quarantine as it appears to me they didn't retain any of those ideas on the project? (If this is it of course.)

First out of 4 EPs which all will make up for one compilation album simply called "POST HUMAN" 

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

Is ludens on the actual album remastered? Or is it just a copy of the song from the death stranding ost?

6 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Is ludens on the actual album remastered? Or is it just a copy of the song from the death stranding ost?

seems to be the same

yeah epic

1 minute ago, PaidInFull said:

seems to be the same

Got it. Yea can tell. Def much more flat.

I like all the songs....ludens is prob my favorite just bc I feel like there is a piece of every BMTH era mixed into that one song....and I enjoy all the era's...AMO prob the least and the experimental weird thing after AMO i don't even count that as an album, too avant garde or whatever for me

First time I heard baby metal on that one track I laughed and was thinking wtf is this? Then as I've listened to it more, it fits, I don't dislike it. I think I'd maybe prefer a more traditional female clean singer on it but whatever, it grew on me....I'm not running to spotify to listen to anymore baby metal but it's fine.

• Upvote 1

The song with Amy Lee is amazing. I love this whole thing. Best thing they've done in ages. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

First out of 4 EPs which all will make up for one compilation album simply called "POST HUMAN" 

I'll take one (1) ambient electronic post-rock EP kthxbye.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

10 hours ago, amazonbasics said:

I like all the songs....ludens is prob my favorite just bc I feel like there is a piece of every BMTH era mixed into that one song...

First time I heard baby metal on that one track I laughed and was thinking wtf is this? Then as I've listened to it more, it fits, I don't dislike it. I think I'd maybe prefer a more traditional female clean singer on it but whatever, it grew on me....I'm not running to spotify to listen to anymore baby metal but it's fine.

Su's vocals are traditional I don't quite see what you're on about there.

If anything the best example of a song blending every era is Dear Diary, or Kingslayer 🤷‍♂️

Ludens sticks out in comparison to the rest of EP mostly because it was released nearly a year before the EP and wasn't sonically as close to the levels of say 1x1 or Teardrops.

klbanneredo-min.png

aggresively fala amo

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

its gonna be a remastered version on physical copies and on the copy of the download from their webstore on october 30th

15 hours ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

its gonna be one fucking long album 

• Upvote 2

I don't even fuck with that weeb shit but babymetal (or whatever combination of members are singing) goes so hard on kingslayer, and elevates the song to another level

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

Not feeling that BABYMETAL feature, but aside from it the rest of the album is great.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fromzero said:

The song with Amy Lee is amazing. I love this whole thing. Best thing they've done in ages. 

This song is purely amazing. It hits me hard when I listen to it

On 10/23/2020 at 5:58 AM, lipwFelipe said:

Better than Amo

That's not hard to do, sempiternal and that's the spirit are better than Amo'. That album was horrible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Yeah me either, it's hard to like anything with babymetal in it for me. I can't stand them.

4 hours ago, hold-on-pain-ends said:

Not feeling that BABYMETAL feature, but aside from it the rest of the album is great.

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, BlueWall said:

Su's vocals are traditional I don't quite see what you're on about there.

If anything the best example of a song blending every era is Dear Diary, or Kingslayer 🤷‍♂️

Ludens sticks out in comparison to the rest of EP mostly because it was released nearly a year before the EP and wasn't sonically as close to the levels of say 1x1 or Teardrops.

i think they are talking about someone who doesn't sound like a little kid, or sound like they could be in a bubble gum pop punk band.  Or sounds like they do the vocals for kids bop.At least that's how i feel. I would have preferred for them to have someone like lacuna coil's singer instead of the singer for kid's bop hahahahaha

• Downvote 3

6 hours ago, ally said:

its gonna be a remastered version on physical copies and on the copy of the download from their webstore on october 30th

its gonna be one fucking long album 

Ok. So the 320/FLAC this thurs on leak day will have that new remastered versions?

2 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Ok. So the 320/FLAC this thurs on leak day will have that new remastered versions?

If someone submits it from the webstore or a rip from the cd yes, if they don't no

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

This thread is already an echo chamber but I wanted to wait to listen to this a few times before I really made an opinion.

Overall, it's great. I don't love it as much as amo, or That's the Spirit (It's an EP, I recognize that's the point) and I personally think the singles were the best songs but it's great. Even BMTH's mediocre is still good, imo.

If anyone gives a shit, my opinions are in the song-specific threads but some quick notes that might earn me some lovely downvotes.

- BABYMETAL's parts on Kingslayer are so awful. The rest of the song is great. This is the heaviest we've seen this band in years and the chorus and her verse are anime intros. Maybe BABYMETAL fans expected this but I'd never heard of them and... rest of the song is 9/10, their parts, 2/10.

- Itch for the Cure is the worst interlude/instrumental this band has ever had. But, I have an inkling that BABYMETAL made the latter half of it.

- 1x1 is really forgettable for me. I listened to it like 5 or 6 times and I just can't remember it when I look at the track list lol

- Those mad lads actually managed to put that unit of a song title in the lyrics TWICE. The closer is thematically amazing. I personally think that the closer song is exactly what BMTH had in mind when they mentioned having "themed EPs."

Again, overall great. Lots of experimentation here which I absolutely encourage and with that, I understand that with experimentation, I won't LOVE everything they come out with. But, I love that they're doing this stuff. Super creative and unique.

Anyway thanks for letting me hear it early KL! My pre-order should be in hopefully before the apocalypse.

• Upvote 2

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

On 10/23/2020 at 1:21 PM, humbleledger said:

in a few places, it's always backing mids or something.  obey, middle of kingslayer theyre in the foreground, off the top of my head but they're snuck in throughout the album.  maybe you were expecting something more brootal they do just found like low lows but by bmth standards I would consider these gutteral

Nah m8. Talkin about the gutterals Oli tracked for a song we haven't got yet.

2 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

Okay, after listening for days now I can say this is my favorite era of BMTH. I love their staple albums, I even really loved their 2 more recent albums. My god Kingslayer is one of my all time favorite BMTH tracks already.

Long winded honest thoughts time.

To me, BMTH is the next-gen Linkin Park of today. Trying new sounds and subjects to tackle lyrically. It hurts to think or say out loud that Linkin Park will never recover from the loss of Chester, not just vocally, but the energy and soul. It hurts to admit, and I love Mike and the boys, but Chester was the Pillar of LP. I eagerly await to see how they move forward, but I also won't be the toxic fan that puts even more stress on their hearts.

And if the rest of these Post Human EPs are going to like this but cover different topics and tones for example this one is clearly influenced by the virus,the phobia, the overwhelming government presence throughout all of it, the paranoia and unrest from the virus and the state of the world. 

Not to mention the outro track clearly leaves us hanging. It ends in a feeling of disconnect and separation. Not just from a loved one, but a way of life that now feels like a bygone era.

I imagine the next one will focus on the mania of being isolated and coping with it, and end on a very frustrated and angry cliffhanger. EP 3 will probably be a lot of anger and rage and letting loose and lashing out not just on the state of the world, but the powers that be these days that are pulling the strings. EP 4 will probably start with a trailing anger that turns into understanding and acceptance and resolve but bleed into the confusion this firstone starts with. Making a full circle.

I think this first one is simply little bits of several moods and mindsets that have been swimming in circles in their heads but each EP going forward will have a much more concentrated tone/topic.

Dear Diary-anxiety&worry

Parasite Eve-Uncertainty&Change(inevitable)

Teardrops-Loneliness&Depression

Obey-Paranoia&Distrust(w/Gov)

Itch For the Cure&Kingslayer-Flicker of Hope While stuck in a broken system

1x1-Nostalgia&Fears and dealing with them.

Ludens-Separation/Divided People

Butterflies-Having to Let Go&the Anger of it.

I don't care if anyone doesn't like this. This project is fucking stellar. It's fun, it's creative and catchy. Babymetal was great (fuck you, fight me). Amy Lee is still a vocal goddess. The Linkin Park influence is welcomed. The manic writing style is a vibe.

I should note while I have seen the name Babymetal before, I had never listened to them until this track, and it's great.

I'm glad they make music they want, it's enjoyable af. If your only argument is about the song structure or how this isn't Suicide Season 2.0 why are you even still here? Just to make others suffer your company and comments? Let others enjoy what you refuse to and move on.

I mean...its not that some people refuse to like it, they just may not like it...no need to get angry tbh

People can feel how they like, but we know we can't possibly say anything bad about bmth in 2020

Positive opinions only 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

I mean...its not that some people refuse to like it, they just may not like it...no need to get angry tbh

People can feel how they like, but we know we can't possibly say anything bad about bmth in 2020

Positive opinions only 

Well that I agree with, and negative comments usually lack creativity and are repetitive. Then again, so is "lets gooooo" or "fuckin AOTY".

I don't mind negative comments, as long as they're worth reading. Whether they be constructive criticism or sarcastic and put a smile on people's faces. Not just the same, thoughtless negativity that nobody needs more of these days.

And it is 100% okay to not like something others enjoy. That's life. But to just shit on it or make borderline culturally offensive comments about it is...uncalled for to say the least.

I forget sarcasm and cheekiness doesn't translate well via text. 0% angry (: just real energetic. Nothin but love.

And memes.

• Upvote 4

Waitin on that sweet sweet flac. I did spin it a few times though, it's good, better than anything they have done in a long while. The intermission track should have just been cut though. I liked Luden when it dropped by it actually feels quite boring compared to the rest of the material here.

7 hours ago, SavageWraith said:

Well that I agree with, and negative comments usually lack creativity and are repetitive. Then again, so is "lets gooooo" or "fuckin AOTY".

I don't mind negative comments, as long as they're worth reading. Whether they be constructive criticism or sarcastic and put a smile on people's faces. Not just the same, thoughtless negativity that nobody needs more of these days.

And it is 100% okay to not like something others enjoy. That's life. But to just shit on it or make borderline culturally offensive comments about it is...uncalled for to say the least.

I forget sarcasm and cheekiness doesn't translate well via text. 0% angry (: just real energetic. Nothin but love.

And memes.

I have never even posted here but I just have to say I love the positivity and I’m with that all day eryday!!! This EP is unbelievable. BMTH may be the best band currently in existence. 

I don’t ever remember a band that was HUGE, then lost the (large) majority of their fan base due to such a genre switch up, only to come back meshing their old and new styles, weaving them together brilliantly and blowing up potentially bigger than they were to begin with...🤯🤯🤯

• Love 1

320 and FLAC added!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

johnny booth.gif

17 minutes ago, 967-EVIL said:

320 and FLAC added!

Hello! Is there new versions of PE and Ludens?

2 hours ago, matosl2899 said:

Hello! Is there new versions of PE and Ludens?

No, not as of yet. The new versions aren't included on streaming services. They're only available via Physical Copy and 'Digital Download' from their store.

Not sure if they're sending the digital downloads out based on Time zones, or if they're being sent out all at the same time once it's available worldwide. We'll have to wait and hopefully someone in this community pre-ordered via their store

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, blakewarford said:

We'll have to wait and hopefully someone in this community pre-ordered via their store

I have so tomorrow I'll post it if someone else doesnt beat me to it. The physical copies come out in January so it'll just be the digital release tomorrow

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, blakewarford said:

No, not as of yet. The new versions aren't included on streaming services. They're only available via Physical Copy and 'Digital Download' from their store.

Not sure if they're sending the digital downloads out based on Time zones, or if they're being sent out all at the same time once it's available worldwide. We'll have to wait and hopefully someone in this community pre-ordered via their store

Doesnt make sense. Then wth is the flac sourced from? Why would there be a lossless release on the album then? All these leak day leaks come from streaming services? 

• Confused 1