NieR:Automata™

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR (2020)

276 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

1 hour ago, SuddenChanges said:

Everyone is saying this is a “return to form” I wouldn’t even say that and I don’t get it.

And it seems like everyone is just shitting on TTS and Amo just because it’s not heavy, and if it isn’t heavy then its not BMTH and its trash. Ya’ll need to just accept that BMTH has been able to mix multiple genres and create this level of creativity with their music, that not many bands can do this well. This EP is great, don’t get me wrong. But I honestly don’t think they ever dropped form, or had a horrible album. Just because it isn’t heavy doesn’t mean it’s bad. 

If anything I would say they have gotten better every album since CYB and have matured every single release. They were teenage kids when they wrote that and they didn’t even really know what they were doing, they were just having fun.

This EP isn’t something insane that we haven’t heard before, it’s got a set formula each song, but it works. I understand if people don’t like TTS and Amo, but you also need to understand that without those albums, this level of where they are artistically probably wouldn’t exist at all. 

the "you only dislike amo/tts because it isn't heavy" argument is so tired.  tts was slightly above average alt rock and amo was slightly above average pop rock and if you like those genres then you'll probably love those albums... but they absolutely felt watered down and passionless compared to what they did previously and HAVE DONE since.. I don't consider 'music to listen to..' heavy and that release blows That's The Amo out of the water for me.

this could have been stripped of all breakdowns and screams and what's left would have been a 'return to form' for me.  because it's not cold and calculated, it's experimental and fun (even when it's dead serious).  it's uniquely bmth too, like there is a hell and sempiternal are.  the screams and breakdowns ARE a welcome 'bonus' for old fans though, admittedly

you're entitled to your opinion about those two albums, but you can't box in everyone else's opinion into something you can just easily digest and dismiss.  

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, COMFORTABLE_CHAIR said:

Kingslayer would be insane if they didnt have the goddamn anime weeb vocalist 

amAZING album though. 9/10

Loses 1 mark due to Kingslayer. WHY DID THEY ADD JAPANESE VOCALS FOR FUCKS SAKE. 

Best work since sempiternal 

That's a racism

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Ban 2

Yo this EP is nice and all but what does Anthony Fantano think?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, humbleledger said:

the "you only dislike amo/tts because it isn't heavy" argument is so tired.  tts was slightly above average alt rock and amo was slightly above average pop rock and if you like those genres then you'll probably love those albums... but they absolutely felt watered down and passionless compared to what they did previously and HAVE DONE since.. I don't consider 'music to listen to..' heavy and that release blows That's The Amo out of the water for me.

this could have been stripped of all breakdowns and screams and what's left would have been a 'return to form' for me.  because it's not cold and calculated, it's experimental and fun (even when it's dead serious).  it's uniquely bmth too, like there is a hell and sempiternal are.  the screams and breakdowns ARE a welcome 'bonus' for old fans though, admittedly

you're entitled to your opinion about those two albums, but you can't box in everyone else's opinion into something you can just easily digest and dismiss.  

Well thats definitely what a majority of people think, for years and years it what people were saying lol, maybe not every single person but a heavy amount of people were saying it. 

But those albums still did something different, they definitely didn’t sound like generic pop. Songs like Doomed, Happy Song, Throne, Wonderful Life, Sugar Honey are just a handful of songs that have that BMTH sound but just expanded from being metalcore.

There are even songs on this EP that could have been on either of those albums, Teardrops, Obey and 1x1 for example.

Pretty much have the same formula as songs on TTS and Amo, only difference is they are heavier and have a breakdown in parts. So that’s why i definitely feel that people are saying they love this, and thats fine to like something heavy, but it’s not that far far far off what they have already been doing. 

and i’m not boxing in people’s opinions, i’m just saying i dont understand how so many people are saying this is a “return to form” when they have been doing a very similar formula just without the heavy. Yaknow? 

Wow this is stellar compared to some of the last stuff these guys put out. Brafuckingvo.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

Not every year are there enough EP's I care about to make a list. This year there certainly are and this one might top it. Still not sure

This has 9 songs so this would be an album (LP), not an EP

22 minutes ago, shfydgi said:

Yo this EP is nice and all but what does Anthony Fantano think?

Too many tracks to be an EP, it’s an album.

12 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

This has 9 songs so this would be an album (LP), not an EP

Too many tracks to be an EP, it’s an album.

I'm 90% sure the band themselves have referred to Post Human as a set of EPs, not albums 

• Upvote 3

"One Day The Only Butterflies Left Will Be In Your Chest As You March Towards Your Death" is fucking beautiful, perfect ending. 

• Upvote 3

Oli channeling Avril Lavigne with the "mi-i-i-ind" on 1x1.
and yeah the mixing on Parasite Eve and Ludens is really flat.

It's not their best work. (still TTS for me) but I know each song will grow on me eventually.

Man that closer track is so fucking hauntingly beautiful, I love it so much.

• Upvote 4

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Oh yeah this is huge... it's going to be a tough choice for album of the year this year. :jams:

Linkin Park vibes. Fun shit.

Edit: Keep coming back to this, it's just fucking excellent. It's a shame, I used to be a dumb gatekeeper dumbass dipshit hardcore punk kid and bully all the other sad teenagers in high school for listening to these guys, but getting into them now, they're excellent. Would I have gotten into them back then? Probably not.

I was at least slightly warranted cause those kids were problematic and toxic as shit, but like, that's just an individualized experience. It's just a shame that that left me with a complete kneejerk reaction for so many years to this band. Fucking excellent. Got into all their other records after hearing this and their artistic evolution has just been 👩‍🍳😘👌

• Upvote 3

AOTY no question, almost no contest. Every song is a hit and these guys smacked it out of the park. Keen to see the rest of the ep's which I assume will be in different styles.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Holy morher of breakdowns! Thanks

12 hours ago, Nyeusi said:

The biggest blue ball move was that buildup in the end of the last song. Wow I got straight Nostalgia just from

hearing Amy’s voice. Straight chills

Fuck I was waiting for the "as you march towards your DEATH" breakdown they teased. Big sad.

But the whole EP is straight up fucking FIRE

• Upvote 1

Songs are mostly good but they all sound the same with very similar structures, it gets a bit boring imo. I like TTS and Amo better, but nice addition.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So i didn't hate the last album but it didn't do very much for me. But barreling into this head first, I'm actually quite pleased. It's got a little bit of everything and listening to the little details with vocal melodies and overall song building, im sold. Easily on repeat for the rest of the year. AOTY? We'll see, it IS catchy as hell. 

• Upvote 1

Had no idea there was an album coming. With the exception of Kingslayer, I love every track. BMTH's new sound is so perfect.

So between this and Music To ____ To, we’ve now had two completely different EP’s with completely different genres. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if their next EP was straight-up pop music like Medicine and Mother Tongue or even arena rock like Mantra. If we get another post-hardcore/metalcore EP from these guys I will be surprised 

• Love 1

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

After that shit trash album "Amo" (MY OPINION, must say) I lost interest in this band. But well, time passed, came back to listen to this album. And omg, this shit is goooooood. Worth it. 

Every single track is good, except that song with YUNGBLUD, i can't tolerate that guy, tbh. So annoying. But yeah, a color for every taste. 

1 minute ago, Hooliganmaul said:

After that shit trash album "Amo" (MY OPINION, must say) I lost interest in this band.

Every single track is good, except that song with YUNGBLUD, i can't tolerate that guy, tbh. So annoying. But yeah, a color for every taste. 

Without Amo bring me would've never been this experimental with their sound.

Amo walked so Survival Horror could run, Yungblud's feature is probably one of the best on the album aside from the Nova Twins feature 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 4

klbanneredo-min.png

6 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

Without Amo bring me would've never been this experimental with their sound.

Amo walked so Survival Horror could run, Yungblud's feature is probably one of the best on the album aside from the Nova Twins feature 🤷‍♂️

Lmao, yeah. Well, i said it's my opinion. I don't like Yungblub at all, not a fan. 

Pretty cool album overall but not completely life changing or incredible

I thought BMTH were a lost cause after the last two shitty albums. I'm glad they are still able to do listenable music.

• Confused 1
  • Ban 1

Dear Diary is the stand out track. Heavy SS and There is a hell vibes. Track 9 with Amy Lee is 2nd best. Everything else kinda melds together into a mashup of singles. 1x1 is forgettable and that interlude has to be the worst interlude I've ever heard. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Pray4Plagues said:

Dear Diary is the stand out track. Heavy SS and There is a hell vibes. Track 9 with Amy Lee is 2nd best. Everything else kinda melds together into a mashup of singles. 1x1 is forgettable and that interlude has to be the worst interlude I've ever heard. 

Are you forgetting kingslayer? That song is a beast 

@Andydobson12 its definitely grown on me and is different from the singles I mentioned. I thought it was annoying at first when I listened to it on my phone but on a sound system it bumps.

• Upvote 1