All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
NieR:Automata™

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR (2020)

276 posts in this topic

They just do what they want and it's always amazing!

Other Releases by

The similarities have been mentioned about the intro to Teardrops being a close resemblance to classic Linkin Park. Just realized 'Itch for the Cure' is an instrumental track just like 'Cure for the Itch' is on Hybrid Theory 

Wish the album art gave off a horror vibe instead reminds me of some Desolate album art. Hoping this is good but Obey turned out to be really repetitive after a few listens. Curious to hear this as a whole.

But...wait a minute. Where's the gutturals they teased? Where's "Pass the flask cuz I'm bathin in blood" ah man. I think that means they teased us with stuff that might be on Post Human as a whole...and not this single EP/LP under the name.

Image related.

1570327912_vsco5cc491d427f9f(2).jpg.592c3f1008390e2817c8663889150f9a.jpg

• Upvote 3

The biggest blue ball move was that buildup in the end of the last song. Wow I got straight Nostalgia just from

hearing Amy’s voice. Straight chills

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

This is fucking amazing

3 minutes ago, SavageWraith said:

But...wait a minute. Where's the gutturals they teased? Where's "Pass the flask cuz I'm bathin in blood" ah man. I think that means they teased us with stuff that might be on Post Human as a whole...and not this single EP/LP under the name.

Still, image related.

Guess they weren't

Guess they weren't feeling da energy

• Upvote 1

20200902_221303.jpg

3 minutes ago, neebnoob18 said:

Guess they weren't

Guess they weren't feeling da energy

Probably gonna be on the next batch or 3rd one. Whichever Post Human drops closest to the time they're gonna try to tour again I bet. To build hype.

After all, we got 3 more of these coming in the next 11 months.

a l l e g e d l y .

• Upvote 1

Never got into their older stuff but I've been digging their more industrial stuff recently. Loving most of this release. 

• Upvote 1

No words. Super incredible. Will be blasting this for a while. Last song is awesome. Like others have said, chills. Love the whole thing. I didn’t think I’d be saying this, but this may contend for AOTY for me. 

Far away the best album of the year. Amazing electronic sound, riffs, production, everything!!!

• Love 1

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

1 hour ago, SavageWraith said:

But...wait a minute. Where's the gutturals they teased?

in a few places, it's always backing mids or something.  obey, middle of kingslayer theyre in the foreground, off the top of my head but they're snuck in throughout the album.  maybe you were expecting something more brootal they do just found like low lows but by bmth standards I would consider these gutteral

Fingers crossed.

At first listen, i immediately deleted tracks #5, 6 and 9. still undecided on track #7.   the rest are pretty decent keepers

Yup this exactly what I've been waiting for since Semp. I could never get around to liking Amo but this just blows everything out of the water. Kingslayer, 1x1 and Ludens are still my top tracks overall. I'm really glad they were able to capture the sound of the album with the singles. 

1x1, Kingslayer and One Day The Only Butterflies Left Will Be In Your Chest As You March Towards Your Death are my favorite tracks 

My god, that last track with Amy Lee might just be their most beautiful song ever. ><

Everyone is saying this is a “return to form” I wouldn’t even say that and I don’t get it.

And it seems like everyone is just shitting on TTS and Amo just because it’s not heavy, and if it isn’t heavy then its not BMTH and its trash. Ya’ll need to just accept that BMTH has been able to mix multiple genres and create this level of creativity with their music, that not many bands can do this well. This EP is great, don’t get me wrong. But I honestly don’t think they ever dropped form, or had a horrible album. Just because it isn’t heavy doesn’t mean it’s bad. 

If anything I would say they have gotten better every album since CYB and have matured every single release. They were teenage kids when they wrote that and they didn’t even really know what they were doing, they were just having fun.

This EP isn’t something insane that we haven’t heard before, it’s got a set formula each song, but it works. I understand if people don’t like TTS and Amo, but you also need to understand that without those albums, this level of where they are artistically probably wouldn’t exist at all. 

• Love 5
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, SuddenChanges said:

Ya’ll need to just accept that BMTH has been able to mix multiple genres and create this level of creativity with their music, that not many bands can do this well. This EP is great, don’t get me wrong. But I honestly don’t think they ever dropped form, or had a horrible album. Just because it isn’t heavy doesn’t mean it’s bad. 

while this EP is easily my favourite thing they've done since Sempiternal, I 110% agree with you. Both amo and TTS are great albums, and honestly I think the progression those albums took really helped this album. that super catchy, fun and refined songwriting they brought with those two records repurposed in an en masse heavier sound, it works beautifully imo

but yeah fr, those last 2 records are fantastic and deserve better praise, but i get why some found the sound change jarring at the time

• Upvote 2

yeah epic

Again i think fans are SO happy to hear actual music again with instruments and SCREAMS that they are sort of blinded and not really seeing that the songs are actually not all amazing. Glad you guys are happy! I just feel like this ep is one song slightly varied here and there. For real tho, I think every bridge on the record uses almost the same riff just altered slightly. You can tell this was made during quarantine as it feels sort of slapped together without to much thought. Ludens I thought kicked so much ass and PA was pretty dope also! The rest just feel like shittier versions of those. My opinion guys! doesnt make it fact!

• Upvote 1

Only on the first track bUT WTF THIS SHIT IS BANGIN'

• Upvote 2

johnny booth.gif

This is tight as hell. Did not expect this 

Kingslayer would be insane if they didnt have the bm vocalist 

amAZING album though. 9/10

Loses 1 mark due to Kingslayer. WHY DID THEY ADD JAPANESE VOCALS FOR FUCKS SAKE. 

Best work since sempiternal 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 15
  • Ban 2

18 minutes ago, COMFORTABLE_CHAIR said:

Kingslayer would be insane if they didnt have the goddamn anime weeb vocalist 

Loses 1 mark due to Kingslayer. WHY DID THEY ADD JAPANESE VOCALS FOR FUCKS SAKE. 

The ladies of Babymetal with Oli

Because they wanted to make them happy :)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

20 minutes ago, COMFORTABLE_CHAIR said:

Kingslayer would be insane if they didnt have the goddamn anime weeb vocalist 

you realise you didn't have to stoop that low to the extent that you had to dock one point purely because they're japanese. like wtf?

• Upvote 5

better than their last couple, but still don’t get all the hype