NieR:Automata™

Bring Me The Horizon - POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR (2020)

276 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Just finished listening to it for the first time and wow, just wow.

there isn't a single bad or meh song to me they are all high points. the only bummer is that Itch is an intro and not an actual song.

Dear Diary: great opener, really sets the aggressive tone of the EP with even more aggression than the singles and just hearing Oli go this hard again(screaming wise) is nice to hear.

Teardrop: if any one of the songs was going to get on the radio it would be this, wouldn't surprise me if this became one of their really popular songs. super poppy in  nu metal way and just overall kicks ass.

Itch/Kingslayer: i was interested to see how BMTH were going to fit Babymetal into a song and i think this was a great fusion, it sounds like they were able to keep both identities while also combining them and it sounding coherent.

1x1: Similar to teardrops for me, a good solid piece of nu metal. i had never heard of the feature, and they don't really leave a lasting mark on me in the song, but still a good song

Marching Towards Death: literal chills from this song, and gave me an uncomfortable feeling the entire time waiting for it to drop, especially at the end when it REALLY sounds like it's building

@thebombio I was thinking the same ! They both sound flat compared to the rest of the EP. Can’t wait for new mastered versions  !

Nice, wasn't expecting this till next Thursday. KL - this is why you are loved by many <3 Thanks for posting!

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

The track with Amy Lee, wow just wow!! AOTY for me!! 10/10

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jodimetal said:

Sempiternal > There is A Hell > Amo > Post Human > Suicide Season > Thats The Spirit > Count Your Blessings

Imagine thinking CYB is last :banham:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5
  • Ban 2

5 hours ago, lipwFelipe said:

Better than Amo

Not saying much

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

HOLY SHIT LET'S GO

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Is it me or does the final track sound like it's building into another song? Maybe it's supposed to flow into the next EP? Overall this is an awesome release start to finish

• Upvote 4

1x1 is definitely the best song they've written since 2015. The rest of the album is forgettable, i don't get the hype.

01. Dear Diary, 4/10
02. Parasite Eve 7/10
03. Teardrops 7/10
04. Obey (with YUNGBLUD) 4.5/10
05. Itch For The Cure (When Will We Be Free?) 1/10
06. Kingslayer (feat. BABYMETAL) 5/10
07. 1x1 (feat. Nova Twins) 8.5/10
08. Ludens 7.5/10

Overall: 5.5/10

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Downvote 12
  • Ban 5

37 minutes ago, Groundking said:

The correct order is

There Is a Hell > Suicide Season > Count Your Blessings > Sempiternal > Edge of Your Seat > "Dear Diary" > "Parasite Eve" > "True Friends" and then really nothing else matters

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Ban 2

1 minute ago, invaderhemp said:

The correct order is

There Is a Hell > Suicide Season > Count Your Blessings > Sempiternal > Edge of Your Seat > "Dear Diary" > "Parasite Eve" > "True Friends" and then really nothing else matters

There is a Hell = 1 correct, though personally I'd have Sempiternal and SS swapped around.

5 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

The correct order is

The correct order is: My Opinion > Opinion > Opinion > Opinion > Opinion > Your Opinion

• Love 9

STYGKL_1.gif

Wow wow wow! This is heavy and unrelenting from the first track. It's just non stop. One awesome track after another.

They've successfully merged the pop/electronic elements of AMO with the heaviness of Sempiternal and That's The Spirit on this album.

It's simply amazing and I'm very impressed. 5/5

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, joyful_platypus said:

Anyone know why Kingslayer is so much shorter on the album tracklist?

When it leaked, it was paired together with 'Itch' all in one track. 

This is the way it's supposed to be

1 hour ago, sEcReTsiLeNcEandSLEEP said:

is itch for the cure meant to be an interlude-ish song before kingslayer? i'm a lil confused

yes

1 hour ago, Groundking said:

thats because im not one of those pretentious metalheads that says its their best album because it was the heaviest, i only liked a few songs on it, and yea in my honest opinion Count Your Blessings was just an OK deathcore album, not bad & not that great too but hell for sure its not better than any of their other albums

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Love Amy Lee and the song with her feature is very good. The rest is enjoyable as well.

Well, this is fucking fantastic. There's no other way to describe it. The album is pretty much everything i've always wanted BMTH to be. It has the melodies, heaviness, emotion, creativity, everything.

Yeah but "song structures are always the same" blablabla. Honestly, i don't care, no one cares. Bringing song structure as the main argument against an album is when you desperately try to find something to shit on.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

STYGKL_1.gif

2 hours ago, Justin.Tomodachi said:

Is it me or does the final track sound like it's building into another song? Maybe it's supposed to flow into the next EP? Overall this is an awesome release start to finish

What EP? This an album why would there be an EP?

6 minutes ago, Tedwards_ said:

What EP? This an album why would there be an EP?

this is the first part of a four-part EP/album series

• Upvote 2

yeah epic

3 hours ago, blakewarford said:

But now they're separated like they're supposed to be

hella sus bro:wacko:

(jk lmao)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, PaidInFull said:

this might end up being my AOTY and I couldn’t be happier, time to listen to those few tracks I haven’t heard

Can it qualify for aoty if it's an ep? Or do you tend not to make the distinction?

20200902_221303.jpg

1 minute ago, neebnoob18 said:

Can it qualify for aoty if it's an ep? Or do you tend not to make the distinction?

I personally count this as an album since it's 9 songs and over 30 mins, but obvs that varies from person to person

in general though i think it depends if you make separate lists for EPs and albums, usually my AOTY list is treated more as just "records of the year" rather than the specific format

• Upvote 3

yeah epic

1 minute ago, PaidInFull said:

I personally count this as an album since it's 9 songs and over 30 mins, but obvs that varies from person to person

in general though i think it depends if you make separate lists for EPs and albums, usually my AOTY list is treated more as just "records of the year" rather than the specific format

Not every year are there enough EP's I care about to make a list. This year there certainly are and this one might top it. Still not sure

• Upvote 1

20200902_221303.jpg

i'll be spinning the fuck out of Kingslayer/10

bravo, bmth. you have made it to my list of one of my favourite albums this year.

• Love 1