Feeshmon

Top Disappointments Of 2016

121 posts in this topic

If you listen to the first 5 or so songs on Dissonants, they all sound the same. I miss the ground dweller/unimagine sound already. And I hope Trenton loses the screaming, it sounds so forced! Low key miss the keyboardist, he set the mood so good on all the other pieces of work they did. Hope they don't go nu metal like OM&M...

I'm super behind on reelases from this year, but out of what i've listened to, and can think of...

1. Of Mice & Men - Cold World || To be honest, if they are going to continue to make this kind of music, they need to change their name.

2. Crown The Empire - Retrograde || Runaways was one of my most listened to albums last year, but they dropped everything I loved about them.

3. Childish Gambino - "Awaken, My Love!" || They change in style is just not for me.

4. This Wild Life - Low Tides || I think I replayed their previous album a little too much and this one just didn't live up to it.

5. Danger Silent - Identity || Production was off which made it unbearable.

6. Drake - Views || Can't stand any of his new stuff. Not sure why I was expecting much, after his previous album.

7. Kanye West - The Life of Pablo || Just no.

8. Nine Lashes - Ascend || They definitely lost half their fans because of this. Lyrics are way too preachy, and the switch from Alternative Metal to Electronic Rock should be a sin in itself.

9. Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to be Nowhere || Album left me wanting more, but not int he good way.

10. Storm the Sky - Sin Will Find You || New style is not for me. Loved them as Post Hardcore STS, not Alt Rock STS.

I'm sure there are more, but this is just from what I remember.

• Love 2

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

3. Childish Gambino - "Awaken, My Love!" || They change in style is just not for me.

How could I forget... I just wanted Because The Internet Part II, would've been an AOTY contender for me, but the new style is not for me.

• Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

How could I forget... I just wanted Because The Internet Part II, would've been an AOTY contender for me, but the new style is not for me.

This. Loved Because the Internet, and I think seeing him as an actor in a few movies and on TV recently, it kind of amped my expectations a little more, but it's heartbreaking.

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

Each to his own... but damn I was not expecting someone putting TDWP's new album in their list... I still jam that shit... but maybe didn't work out for you... peace

Quite a few people put TDWP on their list (including me)

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Crown The Empire - Retrograde

It was not too bad, but little dissapointed to me.

This. Loved Because the Internet, and I think seeing him as an actor in a few movies and on TV recently, it kind of amped my expectations a little more, but it's heartbreaking.

All will be forgiven if he does a Lando Calrissian themed concept album in conjunction with his portrayal of him in 2018.

blink 182's - all songs sounded the same
crown the empire - what the fuck where they thinking ( this band has disapointed me twice - as a fan since their EP - when i heard their EP they became my favourite band, then they re-released it and butchered all the songs (1st disappointment), new album clearly indicates that the band has Sold out - it barely has a rock vibe to it at all it was shocking

• Love 1

I don't really care to be disappointed by anything anymore. Been there, over it. When I was younger and back when I cared about metal bands and shit, I went through that every year it seemed. From The Devil Wears Prada, Dance Gavin Dance, ADTR, to White Chapel etc etc. Even up to Underoath. Heavy bands added Auto-tune. Every band changed and with it seemed everything else too. Even the T-shirts, the style of clothes, the way kids/bands talked and the lyrics they wrote, the whole "scene" was a disappointment. I'm all for accepting change, but I'm sure we can all admit the late 2000's-2010's really sucked a fat one. The trend of heavy/metal/deathcore bands letting fans down will always happen.

The only, and last true let down in a long time was BMTH That's The Spirit. I know that was 2015, I'm just using it as an example. Not that the whole thing was a let down, but going from Sempiternal  (The best album they have ever made, and IMO the best album of any band close to them) to that? Oh boy.  Hearing Drown premier on Youtube, followed by the couple that premiered after that just left me and everyone I knew with a "WTF is this?" Even though I enjoy at least half of the songs on that album, that was icing on the cake of being let down by metal bands. It happened too much, and then I got into other genres. I forgot what it felt like to be let down by new albums.

I would still come on here, and peep the new song by this band and that band. Read some comments and just chuckle, shit doesn't change.

That being said, I am never disappointed by Hip-Hop albums. Real Hip-Hop, not Rap.

It's kind of a bummer seeing people disappointed by Awaken My Love. I get that it may not be for everyone, because we all have different taste, but to be disappointed in something you just don't understand or can't feel because you want his old sound back. A follow up album of what he already did. No offense to Because The Internet, or him, it wasn't that amazing. And looking back a little immature in his expression of music, and lyrics. I'm sure he would even say the same.

Every song is unique, and every song on that album touches more people than you would think.

Probably not white Suburbia though where the hipsters like the current cool rapper being talked about via Tumblr.

I'm glad I enjoy it, because ya'll are missing out. :lol:

I would have to say the new Sienna Skies album is a huge disappointment. Ever since Steven Faull left the band has been downhill.   

Grqs4d5.jpg

• Love 1

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

The Devil Wears Prada

Of mice and Men

Dance Gavin Dance (i wish they would add something new to their sound at least) 

Agree that the production is atrocious, still love the album which just goes to show how good it is

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

he probably thinks DGD should have AOTY twice in a row as well

Already made mention of how overrated DGD are on this site. 

I've been an Architects fan for a while. Was just disappointed that it was the first time they didn't wow me. 

Of Mice & Men was a massive disappointment, after Pain was released I almost pre ordered a bundle, I'm glad I waited for the next single to be released

Memphis May Fire was pretty boring, I was moderately excited because I had recently started listening to them and the album is super mediocre

Beartooth I had high hopes for after their last album but it definitely seemed like a step backwards for them

Chelsea Grins newest was pretty disappointing, Skin Deep was pretty fantastic but it all went downhill from there

Pierce The Veil was pretty good but considering how long it took to release the album, I felt like it was a bit underwhelming, especially because of how short it was

Crown The Empire was pretty bad

movements.gif

Storm the Sky for sure. that band used to be so good but sin will find you is just so fucking awful.

SWFY and Jaded Ghost were kinda bangers imo. Other than that it did flop for me. I have hope they'll improve if they stick together for a new album.

After some thinking it definitely has to be Sonic Syndicate for me. Couldn't even get through a song - neither when I thought "Pretend it's not SS"... Really fucking disappointed

BigBadBrownie Kingdom Leaks.gif

A Day To Remember

Asking Alexandria

Erra - Drift (yep really)

Bassnectar's Unlimited didn't really peak my fancy which is a shame cause I used to love him. Might have to give it another listen

tumblr_mjonoznuZD1r3kb9mo1_500.gif

is nobody gonna mention Drake - Views? like that was so trash compared to the hype he got from it.

tumblr_n57wl7fuWR1r2g49zo1_r4_500.gif

10. Darke Complex - Void 

The best so bad it's good album released this year. I enjoyed listening to this but for all the wrong reasons.

9. Avenged Sevenfold -The Stage

I really want to love this but these songs were just not doing it for me.

8. Attila - Chaos

I wasn't expecting much out of this, I expected this to be as obnoxious as guilty pleasure but thankfully it wasn't.

7. The Amity Affliction - This Could Be Hearbreak

These guys made the same album for the 3rd time.

6. Tonight Alive - Limitless

Maybe 2 or 3 bangers on this but the rest is so lifeless.

5. Crown the Empire - Retrograde

Ambitious but failed on so many levels.

4. Taking Back Sunday - Tidalwave

This was tough to get through.

3. I Prevail - Outlines

The most paint by numbers thing released this year.

2. Of Mice & Men - Cold World

This album to me is what Restoring Force was to the people who hated Restoring Force.

1. Simple Plan - Taking One for the Team

UUUUUGGGGHHHHH

The Hotelier, by a mile. After "Home, like noplace is there," (my AOTY for 2014), "Goodness" was just...blah. ADTR was not as huge of a disappointment for me as it seems to be for others, but I can see it. I didn't have high hopes for Beartooth, so I wasn't let down. Kanye's 'the Life of Pablo' was too long, would have been better if half the songs had been shelved. Drakes album was trash, too much hype. Every Time I Die and Dance Gavin Dance are similar in that their last albums were both their best in a while, but their releases this year just didn't live up to my expectations (both are still pretty good though). And lastly, the Fall of Troy. I was a huge fan back in the day, and was ridiculously excited by their reunion album. Barely got through it.

I think the new Metallica was a major let down. A few good songs but the grit and the feeling isn't there anymore.

The new Dance Gavin Dance sucks a fat dick but no one else really seems to agree according to my Sputnik review of it.

The New Meshuggah was alright, but the vocals were really lousy and I just couldn't get through all of it in one listen. 

Gojira's new album kinda suffered the same as Meshuggah minus the vocals. 

I'm not sure if I can put in Panic! At the Disco's new album because I already knew that was going to be crap.

Whitechapel's new album. I absolutely loved Our Endless War and this new was just a huge let down, they can do way better than that.

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Saosin's New album, wasn't as good as the self titled or even In Search Of Solid Ground.

SUCK MY FUCK 

SUck My sugary Goodness

I think the new Metallica was a major let down. A few good songs but the grit and the feeling isn't there anymore.

The new Dance Gavin Dance sucks a fat dick but no one else really seems to agree according to my Sputnik review of it.

The New Meshuggah was alright, but the vocals were really lousy and I just couldn't get through all of it in one listen. 

Gojira's new album kinda suffered the same as Meshuggah minus the vocals. 

I'm not sure if I can put in Panic! At the Disco's new album because I already knew that was going to be crap.

I remember reading your review of DGD, I thought it was good. The other reviewers/commenters are a bunch of dick riders.

Of Mice & Men - Cold World

definitely a let down

I remember reading your review of DGD, I thought it was good. The other reviewers/commenters are a bunch of dick riders.

Woah really? Thanks a bunch!  :wub:  :P

Probably the biggest disappointment for me was Dance Gavin Dance's album. Instant Gratification was one of my most listened to albums of 2015 but I legit could not listen to Mothership all the way. Anyways, Blink-182, Taking Back Sunday, The Devil Wears Prada, were all lackluster to me as well.

HERE'S MY OPINION -

River Oaks - River Oaks EP (Shane is such a gifted musician, and maybe it's because his solo stuff is kinda different than Silverstein's sound, but sadly I really couldn't get into this EP)

Tonight Alive - Limitless (surprised nobody mentioned it. this band can do MUCH better)

Asking Alexandria - The Black (was one I REALLY looked forward to, but all I can say is I am grateful everyday that Danny's back now)

Andy Biersack - The Shadow Side (the singles got me hooked, the rest sounded all the same & I got bored real quick)

Letlive. - If I'm The Devil... (Good Mourning, America was on repeat for months straight up. still didn't manage to enjoy the rest as much, maybe few songs every now & then)

Crown The Empire - Retrograde (I WASN'T DISAPPOINTED, I can actually feel the new sound, but Crown was one of my fav bands & I am disappointed with how little I came back to this record)

A Day To Remember - Bad Vibrations (my living proof to the more you expect, the more disappointed you'll be. I expect a lot from this band & past releases showed me they can stand up to my expectations, but this one just sounded all the same to me & I got bored within a day or two and never really came back to it)

Famous Last Words - The Incubus (A MAJOR let down for me. Pretty In Porcelain was a banger & so was The Judged. beside few tracks, I don't really see much in this record, and believe me I REALLY wanted to)

MY TOP 3 LETDOWNS -

1. A Day To Remember

2. Asking Alexandria

3. Famous Last Words

I'm super behind on reelases from this year, but out of what i've listened to, and can think of...

1. Of Mice & Men - Cold World || To be honest, if they are going to continue to make this kind of music, they need to change their name.

2. Crown The Empire - Retrograde || Runaways was one of my most listened to albums last year, but they dropped everything I loved about them.

4. This Wild Life - Low Tides || I think I replayed their previous album a little too much and this one just didn't live up to it.

6. Drake - Views || Can't stand any of his new stuff. Not sure why I was expecting much, after his previous album.

7. Kanye West - The Life of Pablo || Just no.

8. Nine Lashes - Ascend || They definitely lost half their fans because of this. Lyrics are way too preachy, and the switch from Alternative Metal to Electronic Rock should be a sin in itself.

9. Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to be Nowhere || Album left me wanting more, but not int he good way.

10. Storm the Sky - Sin Will Find You || New style is not for me. Loved them as Post Hardcore STS, not Alt Rock STS.

I'm sure there are more, but this is just from what I remember.

TBH i love this post! no joke!!

michael-b-michael-buble-242697.gif