Feeshmon

Top Disappointments Of 2016

121 posts in this topic

Gift Giver is up there for me. Seriously I don't even know who they were targeting with that album. It was pretty awful.

Absolutely without any shade of doubt The Amity Affliction, sucked balls hardcore. And yeah, new Blink too. liked 2 songs then the rest is way too pop and way too less punk.

2.gif.4452593f36a2f3505101a484f098740c.gif

Animals As Leaders, Avenged Sevenfold, Storm the Sky, Gift Giver, and The Devil Wears Prada for me, and at first I was disappointed with Crown the Empire, Of Mice & Men and Whitechapel but I love those 3 now.

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave....super disappointing.

Normandie, Storm The Sky, Crown The Empire, Whitechapel, Beartooth, I See Stars, Chelsea Grin, OM&M, The Devil Wears Prada (for me, it's still a good album), Architects, ANIT / AngelMaker split (especially ANIT with not a single good song, AngelMaker were decent for AngelMaker standarts)

I still like some of these but was sure as hell dissappointed

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Crown the Empire, OM&M, TDWP.

Crown the Empire - I can only remember track "Zero" from that album.

A Day To Remember - Paranoia was good, maybe cause it sounds like We're All To Blame by Sum 41 but rest of the album was for me a big disappointment. 

Issues - Yea, just didn't stuck with me. I think COMA and Blue Wall is two great songs but rest of the album is kinda meh for me. 

Also gonna say Sum 41. It's my favorite band the the reason I got into punk, metal and whatever and when the album came out I was stoked. I thought it was really good, still think it's good but apart from that first week or two I don't think I've listen to it full once. The worst part is my favorite track from the album is a b-side : >. People gave Screaming Bloody Murder and Underclass Hero shit but those two albums really stuck with me for a long time, I don't think 13 Voices will do that. 

• Love 1

Hi. 

Weezer's White Album seemed to backtrack to a time when they were great, but didn't really hold up in 2016.

Mandroid Echostar's Coral Throne was trash compared to the eps. Terrible tone, shabby production and overall bad songwriting.

Not to say I was all that excited for Macklemore, but fuck Unruly Mess was just that.

Letlive was just preaching to me in all the wrong ways.

Red Hot Chili Peppers let me down for the second time. Josh really needs to find a way to stand out in that band.

I was actually moderately excited for the new Flume record, only to find it sounded exactly like the first. 

Artifex Pereo? Wasn't a bad album, still love those dudes. But maybe I'm just getting out of that genre?

This Town Needs Guns was a fucking Island of Disappointment.

Snoop, Kanye and Futuristic all left a bad taste in my mouth as well. 

His Statue Falls - Polar (the sound of the first two albums is pretty much gone)

Asking Alexandria - The Black (i was stoked when I wont give in came out but it became boring very quickly. its pretty much the same with the other songs)

Böhse Onkelz - Memento (first album after the reunion and it sounds like their side projects)

Avant Garde - Fire Walk With Me (I probably expected too much after their great work in ASD)

Of Mice & Men - Cold World

Crown The Empire - Retrograde

The Devil Wears Prada - Transit Blues

Green Day - Revolution Radio

Annisokay - Devil May Care

Each to his own... but damn I was not expecting someone putting TDWP's new album in their list... I still jam that shit... but maybe didn't work out for you... peace

For me om&m... ISS... ASKING ALEXANDRIA ... and most by a day to remember... I literally heard BAD VIBRATIONS for like 2 days or so..

Crown The Empire is sooo bad in my opinion cause i was expecting for a heavy album from them

Whitechapel/Chelsea Grin...overall deathcore sucked this year and it is slowly becoming a borefest genre.

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

Whitechapel/Chelsea Grin...overall deathcore sucked this year and it is slowly becoming a borefest genre.

lol deathcore is getting better wtf you talking about

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

The Amity Affliction, Beartooth, Crown The Empire, Upon a Burning Body, Gift Giver, Darke Complex, Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men

New Architects was initially a massive letdown, until the tragic circumstances surrounding it came to light. I just felt as if it was a poorer rehash of Lost Together... but after learning of Tom's cancer battle and subsequent passing, it certainly made me appreciate it more. 

dude wtf. Architects was easily AOTY

he probably thinks DGD should have AOTY twice in a row as well

A good 90% of the releases in 2016 were shitty lets be honest here.

A good 90% of the releases in 2016 were shitty lets be honest here.

What were ur favourites

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

What were ur favourites

Check out the AOTY list on page 5 :)

Taking Back Sunday - Tidal Wave....super disappointing.

Tidal Wave was their best release in ages. 

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

I honestly just thought it was all incredibly 'samey'. Every song sounded like the previous one, the same djent style riffs littered every song, the same vocal patterns were used numerous times. The one thing i love about Architects is the change in atmosphere when Sam uses clean vocals. I thought they hit a near perfect balance on Lost Forever... but AOGHAU just felt like the same record minus the incredible melody. That's why it was disappointing. 

I totally agree. Super underwhelming and boring. I can't get past track 4 or 5 without switching to something else. 

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

From Indian Lakes was a big disappointment for me.

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

lol deathcore is getting better wtf you talking about

XD So what is Your favorite deathcore album from 2016?

Yo, check out my vocal covers! :)

https://soundcloud.com/maagh

Asking Alexandria - The Black

Famous Last Words - The Incubus

Wasn't expecting much, still I was disappointed.

I'm surprised to see so much Storm the Sky as a disapointment...but yes, it's different so i guess it is a hit or miss.

my top 5 :

1. Easy pick : Of Mice & Men - Cold World... yes it is a disapointment, but i can't say that it surprised me
2. Normandie - Inguz.. I was soooo hyped because of the singles, but it was pretty much the only good songs on the album.
3. The Word Alive - Dark Matter

4. Beartooth - Aggressive
5. Wovenwar - Honor is Dead.. i don't know, maybe i had too much expectations. It's a good album, but i can't say that i REALLY like it... I Miss you Tim.

STYGKL_1.gif

Crown the Empire was pretty boring. I tried to get through this new album but I never hooked into it. I Prevail is a band that has been blowing up all over the scene, but I honestly don't understand why...I cringed my way through only one song. Oh and I didn't like the newest I Declare War album as much as I loved their last album. Wtf that was a huge surprise letdown for me.

So for those of you that figured tl;dr

- Crown the Empire

- I Prevail

- I Declare War

My List:

- Crown the Empire/Retrograde

- Of Mice & Men/Cold World

- The Word Alive/Dark Matter

Storm the Sky for sure. that band used to be so good but sin will find you is just so fucking awful.

toppus keksimus maximillianus
  • Love 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Can we get an "albums you were pleasantly by" topic?? Lol

It saddens me to say that "The Stage" by A7x was really boring imo. I hope that I can relisten to it someday and appreciate it.