Welcome to Kingdom Leaks

We don't encourage piracy. But we do encourage you to listen to an album before you decide to buy it.

Feeshmon

Top Disappointments Of 2016

121 posts in this topic

smiley-face-thumbs-down-clipart-Thumbs_d

So! it's that time of year again when everyone votes for the best album of the year! that's all fun and games but i want to know what were you most disappointed this year relating to album! :) can't wait to see what you guys think!

Feeshmon and CecilDrere like this

Hard call, I wasn't really disappointed by anything. There were obviously albums I did not like but these were mostly not albums I expected to like. The only real disappointments I can think of right now are Sumac - What One Becomes and maybe Beartooth, even though I don't really dislike the latter, it's just worse than the last

TasteTheStepDad likes this

Ironically, OM&M was the opposite of a disappointment for me, I expected to like zero tracks (like on the last album) but I liked around five :D

His Statue Falls - Polar (the sound of the first two albums is pretty much gone)

Asking Alexandria - The Black (i was stoked when I wont give in came out but it became boring very quickly. its pretty much the same with the other songs)

Böhse Onkelz - Memento (first album after the reunion and it sounds like their side projects)

Avant Garde - Fire Walk With Me (I probably expected too much after their great work in ASD)

Of Mice & Men - Cold World

Crown The Empire - Retrograde

The Devil Wears Prada - Transit Blues

Green Day - Revolution Radio

Annisokay - Devil May Care

His Statue Falls - Polar (the sound of the first two albums is pretty much gone)

Asking Alexandria - The Black (i was stoked when I wont give in came out but it became boring very quickly. its pretty much the same with the other songs)

Böhse Onkelz - Memento (first album after the reunion and it sounds like their side projects)

Avant Garde - Fire Walk With Me (I probably expected too much after their great work in ASD)

Of Mice & Men - Cold World

Crown The Empire - Retrograde

The Devil Wears Prada - Transit Blues

Green Day - Revolution Radio

Annisokay - Devil May Care

Hit the bricks with Transit Blues, new TDWP is awesome ( opinions though )

" Disappointment " goes hand in hand with what people were expecting, people expect way too much of some bands and leave themselves open for nothing but DISAPPOINTMENT.

ButlerTooth likes this

I Prevail for sure. Such a boring band and of course, boring sound. I don't mind "softer" post-hc bands but those guys are awful. 

Asking Alexandria. At first I thought Denis was a good replacement but as soon as they started to release more and more music, I found out that wasn't for me.

Bad Omens. We don't need two BMTH in this world.

Of Mice & Men. Love that band but last album was bad. Just three or four good songs.

The A Night In Texas/Angelmaker split was pretty bad in my opinion.

Beartooth and Attila are not disappointments because they have always sucked so yeah.

Sam6661 likes this

Ice Bear didn't like Limitless by Tonight Alive very much. Ice Bear thinks they were trying to do too many things on one record. Ice Bear didn't like The Amity Affliction's This Could Be Heartbreak either. More of the same, and Ice Bear wishes they didn't just repeat everything they did on their last album

Retrograde, The Black, and Cold World all sucked hardcore. Was into Beartooth's album for a bit but got waayyyy boring super quick. Green Day sucked too.

I Prevail for sure. Such a boring band and of course, boring sound. I don't mind "softer" post-hc bands but those guys are awful. 

Asking Alexandria. At first I thought Denis was a good replacement but as soon as they started to release more and more music, I found out that wasn't for me.

Bad Omens. We don't need two BMTH in this world.

Of Mice & Men. Love that band but last album was bad. Just three or four good songs.

The A Night In Texas/Angelmaker split was pretty bad in my opinion.

Beartooth and Attila are not disappointments because they have always sucked so yeah.

What I understand most of these but that ANIT/Angelmaker split was straight fire, only song that doesn't grip me is Aradia

Surprised nobody has mentioned Sum 41. I mean I guess it was expected it'd be bad, but the first single was actually really good so I was let down.

A Day To Remember will always be one of my favourite bands. Been a huge part of my life since i was 16 (now 26), but Bad Vibrations was their weakest effort by a LONG way. I know the court case has been ongoing for years, and it would take a toll on even the most passionate of musicians, but even the B-sides from Common Courtesy were better than the best tracks from Bad Vibes. The production was so poor for a 2016 release as well. Hopefully now they have beaten Victory, (what an odd sentence), it will reinvigorate them to smash it out of the park on their next release.

New Architects was initially a massive letdown, until the tragic circumstances surrounding it came to light. I just felt as if it was a poorer rehash of Lost Together... but after learning of Tom's cancer battle and subsequent passing, it certainly made me appreciate it more. 

I didnt really get around Beartooths debut, but I was disappointed to discover the hype wasn't justified on their second record. 

Soooooooooo, anyone remember Dissonants? Nobody?

Also Andrew Jackson Jihad, Beartooth, letlive., ADTR, and The Hotelier all released pretty lackluster releases this year. Feels like a lot of the releases I was excited for ended up being unsatisfying.

Despite the hate that Cold World gets, I still really like it. Granted, it's different... but it feels like a breath of fresh air in my books.

For me though, I'll have to say The Black, Trerhouse or Aggressive. Was really looking forward to all three of them. It's a massive shame after all three bands past releases were incredible

18 year old me was stoked to see new releases coming out from Say Anything, Billy Talent and Taking Back Sunday...

... 28 year old me, certainly was not.

Crown The Empire, Amity Affliction and Of Mice & Men earn stinker points from me too, as much as it pains me to do so.

The Amity Affliction, Beartooth, Crown The Empire, Upon a Burning Body, Gift Giver, Darke Complex, Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men

New Architects was initially a massive letdown, until the tragic circumstances surrounding it came to light. I just felt as if it was a poorer rehash of Lost Together... but after learning of Tom's cancer battle and subsequent passing, it certainly made me appreciate it more. 

dude wtf. Architects was easily AOTY

littlecore likes this

Despite the hate that Cold World gets, I still really like it. Granted, it's different... but it feels like a breath of fresh air in my books.

For me though, I'll have to say The Black, Trerhouse or Aggressive. Was really looking forward to all three of them. It's a massive shame after all three bands past releases were incredible

What's wrong with aggressive?

I See Stars

Memphis May Papa Roach

Of Mice And Papa Roach

those last two lol, at least Coldrain's last year's album featuring Shaddix didn't turn into Vena Roach

ISeeStars66 likes this

can't edit my post for some reason so:

All of those august releases like Sylar, TCM, TAA (not that I expected anything with this one) AND Beartooth that all weren't much of an improvement from their previous albums and more or less just every song is more of the same. Maybe slightly disappointed with FFAK because a single like Pissed Off set it up to be more awesome than it turned out to be, but it's still a great album. I love Crystal Lake's new one but at the same time am disappointed at the lack of pure heaviness like the singles they put out, or like Prometheus (similar situation as with FFAK).

I also have a fuckton of albums where I think "god damn I love this banger and it's going to my top 100 of 2016, but at the same time it's wasted potential and maybe even a slight regress from previous stuff" because I'm critical as fuck but I ain't gonna list that besides the two I already have.

The Amity Affliction, Beartooth, Crown The Empire, Upon a Burning Body, Gift Giver, Darke Complex, Asking Alexandria, Of Mice & Men

dude wtf. Architects was easily AOTY

I honestly just thought it was all incredibly 'samey'. Every song sounded like the previous one, the same djent style riffs littered every song, the same vocal patterns were used numerous times. The one thing i love about Architects is the change in atmosphere when Sam uses clean vocals. I thought they hit a near perfect balance on Lost Forever... but AOGHAU just felt like the same record minus the incredible melody. That's why it was disappointing. 

Smash_Adams likes this