All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Summers

Sevendust - Blood and Stone (2020)

36 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Hell yeah! Thanks @MrBullock0407

Been pretty excited to jam this.

You're welcome brother! Sevendust fan since '03. Glad I could finally contribute after KL has been giving me the goods for years 

4 minutes ago, Zephyr Sunrise said:

Hell yeah! Thanks @MrBullock0407

Been pretty excited to jam this.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, MrBullock0407 said:

You're welcome brother! Sevendust fan since '03. Glad I could finally contribute after KL has been giving me the goods for years 

Big hugs and kisses to you sir lol :rolleyes::lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Thank you so much for this! Love these guys, never released a bad album. 

Well after first listen its super good but i feel like there was a few too many slower/soft tracks but atleast they are good

• Upvote 2

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

sounds like their most radio friendly full length at first quick listen

• Upvote 1

Oh Hell yeah!  Been keeping my eyes peeled all day for this one!  Sevendust never ever disappoints!

Once again 7D delivers quality. Not as heavy as I was hoping for but still quality.

• Upvote 1

OMG so good another top shelf release from the boys.

Thank you!! diving in now! The lack of singles feels good now a solid full album of fresh tracks!

This band is always amazing (and even better live), but there’s way too many slower songs on this release - I counted at least 5. That’s overkill for a Sevendust album, IMO. The singles are impressive though, and this is still a solid release with some great songs.

Pretty good album. As mentioned by others, wish they would have cut back on the softer tracks. Nothing will ever top Alpha, that whole album is just relentless heavy front to back. 

• Upvote 1

First impression is good, I definitely dug it more than the last album. Looking forward to digging into it more this weekend!

thanks

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

johnny booth.gif

I prefer melodic Sevendust. If I want heavy music there are a million bands that do it better than this band ever will. Not done with my first pass yet but I like it so far. Feel Like Going On is the early standout.

Another solid effort from one of the most consistent bands in rock. Some great songs on here. Focus is on melody and hooks over heaviness, which is the best kind of Sevendust in my opinion.

I just hate how bass heavy the mix is (which is a Sevendust thing). Anyone else getting that?

• Upvote 1

YES!!! So pumped for this!

4 hours ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

I prefer melodic Sevendust. If I want heavy music there are a million bands that do it better than this band ever will. Not done with my first pass yet but I like it so far. Feel Like Going On is the early standout.

That's an interesting perspective. I love "heavy Sevendust"; there's nothing quite like it. Granted, the melodic tracks aren't necessarily bad, however, I've tried so hard not to hit the skip button. Maybe they'll grow on me. Kill The Flaw has some amazing songwriting, with the perfect balance of melodic and heavy IMO, but I haven't felt the same way about any of their more recent releases since that record.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, DisturbedOne said:

Big hugs and kisses to you sir lol :rolleyes::lol:

Thanks my man!

Sevendust. Man, I have been listening to them for more than a decade. They will always have a special place in my heart. I could listen to Lajon Witherspoon sing for hours!

• Love 1

PSP JEsus.gif

They're not my 3rd favorite band for no reason! Definitely heavily responsible for making me the metalhead I am today. "Alone" and "Kill Me" are the stand-out tracks of this album for me. Love the whole album though, unsurprisingly!

On 10/22/2020 at 5:49 AM, Thatoneguy335 said:

Firm disagree. There are few bands that have their “heavy” sound. Listen to Home, Animosity, even Black Out the Sun. No other band has that sound. When they choose to go heavy, it’s a beautiful thing.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thespionage said:

Firm disagree. There are few bands that have their “heavy” sound. Listen to Home, Animosity, even Black Out the Sun. No other band has that sound. When they choose to go heavy, it’s a beautiful thing.

My problem is that even if it has a unique flavor I just don't find it to be very engaging. I have always found Morgan's harsh vocals to be completely unappealing, and I think that their more melodic work simply suits Lajon's voice better. Dude's voice is emotive af, put some big melodies or atmosphere behind him and it's instant goosebumps for me. There are some good "heavy" riffs in their discography don't get me wrong, I just think it's the less interesting aspect of their sound.

1 hour ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

My problem is that even if it has a unique flavor I just don't find it to be very engaging. I have always found Morgan's harsh vocals to be completely unappealing, and I think that their more melodic work simply suits Lajon's voice better. Dude's voice is emotive af, put some big melodies or atmosphere behind him and it's instant goosebumps for me. There are some good "heavy" riffs in their discography don't get me wrong, I just think it's the less interesting aspect of their sound.

Unappealing? Dang, that's disappointing. Moran's harsh vocals are so iconic to their sound IMO!

While I personally think their "heavier" sound suits them best, I do like Lajon's melodic style too. I like when it's perfectly balanced though. Recent tracks like Unforgiven and Descent on AISIW are a great example of this; Not Original is an instant skip for me though.

1 hour ago, nickparisi_ said:

Not Original is an instant skip for me though.

That whole album is pretty skippable imo. I'm probably way too hard on it just because I fucking hate the mix though.