Summers

Bring Me The Horizon - Teardrops (Single) (2020)

98 posts in this topic

Meh. This might be the first album I actually dislike from them. It's pretty triggering how all they're new singles are obviously following the same song structure. They're actually just turning into Papa Roach.

Other Releases by

As a huge BMTH fan (pre TTS) I honestly think it’s just average like all the previous singles, nothing I would regularly listen to.. If I have to like this song just cos they are not poppy anymore or just cos they’re BMTH, it’s not an honest feeling I guess... I believe if this was a track from any other band it would have barely grabbed any attention... but yeah i do get people are psyched about it cos it’s them, it’s understandable but very debatable too.. will definitely check out the record though

• Upvote 1

I like these guys best when they make something a bit more accessible/catchy.  So I liked a lot of Amo and TTS... and were more hit and miss (probably more miss) before those albums.

This feels like a solid 7/10 for me.  Mostly good, occasionally great moments.  The LP influence is strong in spots.

I can only agree with people here, this has definitely some major Linkin Park vibes.

Overall, it is a great song, though I think it's my least favorite single so far. 

It is still a 4/4 for me though. Can't wait for October 30th. 

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Sounds dope to me! Can't wait for the EP!

9 hours ago, InsidAero said:

The blatant LP worship does nothing for me because I'm not a fan of them.

Personally, I'm not a Linkin Park fan either (although I do like a few of their songs, Numb etc.) but I love this and although people have always compared their stuff to LP, I've never personally seen the similarities (other than sharing a similar genre and the band obviously being big fans of them) but I really enjoy this track nonetheless.

I'm so proud to call these guys my favorite band. They are so consistently good if the music industry were an FPS, they'd be accused of hacking. Weird metaphor, I admit but I'm not backspacing it. You can't make me. I've played a lot of Valorant lately, okay?

....anyway... thanks.

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

9 minutes ago, Aria said:

I'm so proud to call these guys my favorite band. They are so consistently good if the music industry were an FPS, they'd be accused of hacking. Weird metaphor, I admit but I'm not backspacing it. You can't make me. I've played a lot of Valorant lately, okay?

....anyway... thanks.

In all fairness, most people probably think something like that about their fave band tbh

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PaidInFull said:

this is like old school linkin park and I absolutely adore it

truly peak bmth

Literally took the words from my brain. Love this. Chester would be proud. I hope Mike Shinoda comments on it or at least hears it.

14 hours ago, Ohm said:

Linkin Park worship, and I love every second of it. This LP (or EP whatever you want to call it) is on track to be my AOTY if it keeps up the quality that the 4 released tracks have. This is my favorite BMTH era on GOD.

no cap

• Love 1

13 hours ago, guywithamango said:

So I'm not trying to come at you even though it might sound like it lol but why is everyone upset with BMTH for using the verse chorus verse chorus bridge/breakdown chrous formula that like 99% of songs have?

Because other bands fell off and due to BMTH wanting to experiment their sound range (like Chester and LP did) the edgelords naturally gravitate to BMTH to shit on a parade.

Ignore these people. They don't matter. Never have, never will. Falling in Reverse has a good satirical song about the drones that like the same 4 chords in every song and everything being the same. Always comes to mind when I see these void comments.

Have a good day. Stay safe.

12 hours ago, desk said:

Fai-- I mean Throne would like to disagree with you.

Throne is dull and flat sounding compared to this. Never understood why people liked Throne beyond the edgy lyrics.

Oh...wait...

Holy fuck this page is basically BMTH-worship.

This band is only a shell of what it used to be...

• Upvote 2

Everyone pointing out the obvious LP influence, but is nobody gonna mention the A Perfect Circle/Tool/Puscifer vibe in the pre-breakdown? Or the Korn wonkiness in the beginning?

This song is not just worshipping the best nu-metal, it is sacrificing animals in the name of.

I can't get enough of this.

3 minutes ago, SavageWraith said:

Everyone pointing out the obvious LP influence, but is nobody gonna mention the A Perfect Circle/Tool/Puscifer vibe in the pre-breakdown? Or the Korn wonkiness in the beginning?

This song is not just worshipping the best nu-metal, it is sacrificing animals in the name of.

I can't get enough of this.

Where do you hear Tool/APC??? Just because he's whisper-singing doesn't make him sound like Maynard, lmao.

Most of y'all are really dick riding this song huh? 😂 Literally the worst out of what they've released recently.

32 minutes ago, SavageWraith said:

Throne is dull and flat sounding compared to this. Never understood why people liked Throne beyond the edgy lyrics.

Oh...wait...

whoosh

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Didn't really care for Obey but I'm excited to listen to this one

@Summers  THANK YOU this is an amazing song. chester b all over it ♥

1 hour ago, desk said:

whoosh

k

1 hour ago, SeñorLobo said:

Most of y'all are really dick riding this song huh? 😂 Literally the worst out of what they've released recently.

No, it isn't. Obey is solid, but this is more catchy and has better staying power. You're just a contrarian who gets some kinda kick by trying to undermine other's enjoyment of something.

Consider the following; several people unanimously agreeing about enjoying something isn't "dick riding" rather than it's just a bunch of like-minded people sharing their positive opinions.  Shocker.

Until you, or the others like you, come waddling out of the woodwork to try and give yourself some twisted joy by dashing the joy of others.

Your post was not only inaccurate, but unnecessary and negative. With a hint of being condescending. Please leave.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Lelouch6661 said:

Where do you hear Tool/APC??? Just because he's whisper-singing doesn't make him sound like Maynard, lmao.

It's the level flow in his pitch/tone when he does it. It sounds specifically like Maynard. There's whosper sing in Ludens but I wouldnt say it sounds at all like Maynard. I didn't say "that part he sounded just like Maynard" I said the vibe of it. Specifically how Maynard does that kind of structure. 

2 hours ago, Lelouch6661 said:

Holy fuck this page is basically BMTH-worship.

This band is only a shell of what it used to be...

Listen, if you expect anything but experimental albums from this band at this point, you're the one to blame. It's been several LPs. Some people enjoy variety. Some don't. 

2 hours ago, ae fanboi 7 said:

Didn't really care for Obey but I'm excited to listen to this one

alright I really enjoy this one too. So excited for the EP!

19 hours ago, Dancing in the Dust said:

Not sure I'm understanding the LP comparisons 

synth work is pretty similar to everything on hybrid theory or meteora. 
mildly harsh vocals but not screaming.
soft pop hooks. 
start and stops followed by sweeping synth sound into chorus. (rlly in most pop metalcore) 
If you listen to first half of hybrid theory and then don't see comparison, I'd be surprised.

unless u were joking/trolling, in which case your comment was hilarious. 

its unfortunate that there is so much infatuation with ppl who kill themselves. I don't know if this is what any suicide would want, and I think most ppl who get past it know this is not a good part of the world. Going like self-absorbed soft... followed by suicide. idk...Like... would Chester be proud? No idea. But like hybrid theory and meteora are definitely how the legend was built... maybe M2M... I don't think the stuff after that would've made them into what they are, even tho hunting party was actually good.  But a lot of the stuff.... to be proud of it is like... Idk, maybe bad.

song is catchy, but lyrics and vibe definitely lull you into self-pity and dissociation from what's genuinely wrong in your life and its clear the band is not making music much for themselves at this point. I could not have said this comment any softer. But I'm sure this comment will be removed anyway by the secular worshipper admins. Don't poke the bear! 

21 hours ago, BLEGH said:

4 for 4 I'm so goddamn excited for this ep. Now this one I feel could really top Sempiternal for me, absolutely peak BMTH. October 30th can't come fast enough

there are 5 tracks released/leaked off the EP
Parasite Eve
Teardrops
Obey
Kingslayer
Ludens

left to leak:
Dear Diary,
Itch for the Cure (When Will We Be Free?)
1x1
One Day the Only Butterflies Left Will Be in Your Chest as You March Towards Your Death

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, blakewarford said:

Have you even listened to TTS and amo?! These new songs are NOTHING like those albums. They found a structure that works for them with Ludens, and this EP is going to follow that structure

None of those albums even had breakdowns, besides Happy Song, Wonderful Life and a few others lmao. You can't say this new era sounds anything like those albums LMAO

All the new songs follow the same structures sure, but that's the point...

nowhere in my comment did i say they sounded similar, are you literate? i said that they have the exact same structure because every single song is intro>verse>chorus>verse>chorus>bridge/breakdown>chorus and once in a while an outro is thrown in. i agree that this new era doesn't sound like either of those, and that neither TTS nor amo sound similar to each other, but you're making an argument against a point i never made, which kinda makes it seem more like you just want to get pissy at someone about anything vaguely critical. i even said the song was sick, i definitely think TTS and amo are sick, i literally just said that the structure is kinda worn down at this point, given that it's been 2 albums and a 9 track EP's worth