All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Summers

Bring Me The Horizon - Teardrops (Single) (2020)

98 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rxchvrd said:

it's just me or they're using the same structure since ludens?

So I'm not trying to come at you even though it might sound like it lol but why is everyone upset with BMTH for using the verse chorus verse chorus bridge/breakdown chrous formula that like 99% of songs have?

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

This new Architects song is sick!

1 minute ago, guywithamango said:

So I'm not trying to come at you even though it might sound like it lol but why is everyone upset with BMTH for using the verse chorus verse chorus bridge/breakdown chrous formula that like 99% of songs have?

Because it gets boring

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

This new Architects song is sick!

Because it gets boring

But why with BMTH only? I don't think I've seen anyone have this complaint with any other band. Also the song structure itself doesn't really determine if a song it boring or not imo, it's what they do with it

Edited by guywithamango
Imo not I'm
  • Upvote 1

this is really good but as a couple people have said, it'd be great if they changed up the song structure they've been using since TTS every once in a while 

• Confused 1

BMTH show all the nu-metal LP wannabes how to do it right lol

• Upvote 1

RnmmCRF.gif

4 minutes ago, lucydebaerien said:

this is really good but as a couple people have said, it'd be great if they changed up the song structure they've been using since TTS every once in a while 

Have you even listened to TTS and amo?! These new songs are NOTHING like those albums. They found a structure that works for them with Ludens, and this EP is going to follow that structure

None of those albums even had breakdowns, besides Happy Song, Wonderful Life and a few others lmao. You can't say this new era sounds anything like those albums LMAO

All the new songs follow the same structures sure, but that's the point...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

As others have mentioned, this is probably the most they've ever sounded like Linkin Park haha... but I love classic LP, and they did a very good job with this sound. One of their catchiest songs to date, I can see this being huge.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TylerDurden said:

As others have mentioned, this is probably the most they've ever sounded like Linkin Park haha... but I love classic LP, and they did a very good job with this sound. One of their catchiest songs to date, I can see this being huge.

Fai-- I mean Throne would like to disagree with you.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

19 minutes ago, guywithamango said:

But why with BMTH only? I don't think I've seen anyone have this complaint with any other band. Also the song structure itself doesn't really determine if a song it boring or not imo, it's what they do with it

A lot of people have issue with boring song structure and its not just with BMTH... its in heavier music in general. I think that was the biggest gripe on the latest FFAK album and I can say the same for the latest Architects single.  It takes away from the song when you already know whats coming next. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, desk said:

Fai-- I mean Throne would like to disagree with you.

I would actually argue this somehow sounds even MORE like LP than Throne

yeah epic

1 hour ago, xeroblade said:

This ep is going to be so sick.

I'm also going to be sick. I can taste the vomit already

31 minutes ago, LinaK said:

we are just a bunch of fucking animals

Wrong thread bruh :lol:

• Downvote 1

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

2 minutes ago, PaidInFull said:

I would actually argue this somehow sounds even MORE like LP than Throne

I wanna say that certain aspects definitely instantly made me think that, but simultaneously there's also more moments where this diverges from what you'd expect from LP, early 00s or OML, where I found most of Throne Meteora/Faint worship start to end I guess? Either way, they're on similar level, to me at least. 

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Ludens is still my favourite of the recent singles, but this is pretty good. 

movements.gif

9 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

A lot of people have issue with boring song structure and its not just with BMTH... its in heavier music in general. I think that was the biggest gripe on the latest FFAK album and I can say the same for the latest Architects single.  It takes away from the song when you already know whats coming next. 

Fair point, I can understand that

• Love 1

That chorus is the cure to Covid ! 

I think that the time has come, this album will be the one to top Sempiternal in my heart ! 4 Singles so far, and 4 absolute bangers, each one toping the previous one by far ! 

I'm super excited to listen to the whole record !

pretty good

I find it funny when a song from a well known band uses a tried-and-true song structure, everyone screams they've sold out! they aren't creative anymore! They're abandoning their true fans! Bitch please, if that statement were true, then almost every artist out there would be a sellout. I'm of the mindset of letting the artist do whatever the fuck they want. They're the ones making the music, not you. If a song bops, its a pop. and in my mind this song is a bop. and the new Architects song is ok. Just because it has more singing than screaming and doesn't include a super-duper-mega-face-destroying breakdown with overly technical riffs, doesn't automatically make it a shit tier song. 

alright, rant over. I'm prepared for the storm of downvotes or whatever may come. Just enjoy the music

• Upvote 8

My opinions on this reflect @InsidAero's 100 percent. It's not bad but not special. It may grow on me cause I love these guys to death but it's just kinda meh

• Upvote 3

20200902_221303.jpg

15 minutes ago, orangeboxnerd25 said:

I find it funny when a song from a well known band uses a tried-and-true song structure, everyone screams they've sold out! they aren't creative anymore! They're abandoning their true fans! Bitch please, if that statement were true, then almost every artist out there would be a sellout. I'm of the mindset of letting the artist do whatever the fuck they want. They're the ones making the music, not you. If a song bops, its a pop. and in my mind this song is a bop. and the new Architects song is ok. Just because it has more singing than screaming and doesn't include a super-duper-mega-face-destroying breakdown with overly technical riffs, doesn't automatically make it a shit tier song. 

alright, rant over. I'm prepared for the storm of downvotes or whatever may come. Just enjoy the music

You're entitled to having your opinion so who should even care about downvotes. I hate this music, you love it, nobody died...

Even if you get two million downvotes it doesn't mean shit. Someone might feel a rush of dopamine for downvoting you for like two seconds because your opinion didn't coincide with his/hers and then after that they have to show someone on a doll where your opinion hurt them xD

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

wow i love this

Hm, I can't say I like it on the first few listens. Sounds kinda generic and bland to me. Like a weaker version of Mantra, and Mantra is one of maybe two songs on Amo that I don't really care about much. Ludens is still the best of the bunch without a doubt.

Waiting to hear for the whole EP.

• Confused 1

I get how people hear Linkin Park influence, but lets be honest this is super generic. I love this type of sound and even I can admit when it turns out generic. It's not bad, there just isn't anything special here.

Not the best or nothing but ok

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

3 hours ago, thelordfromage said:

Very disappointed, we don't need a second Linkin Park

Heresy.. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, orangeboxnerd25 said:

Well put man, totally agree

I don't know, man...Those melodies aren't really doing anything for me.

Still excited for the album though.

Fucking incredible.

Pretty meh, Obey was definitely better.