All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
desk

Architects - Animals [Single] (2020)

121 posts in this topic

Thanks!

Other Releases by

This is good for them. I mean that in the way of trying something different (but still familiar), not in terms of technicality and songwriting ability. The ambience they're known for is still here, with some extras. I think this album will have a balance between this and the last album, or at least that's what I'd like to have it be. Something for those that want the same formula and something for those that want something different. +Loving that Rammstein-like chugging.

Instrumentally it's a step up

Lyrically it's a step down

So I guess that meets in the middle somewhere 

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

Aight I'm over my disappointment. This is a really cool song. It's not more Holy Hell, which is a good thing (I loved that album) and it's not the shake up I wanted or expected, but I can't deny parts of this are really cool. That chunky riff, the electronic elements (except for the wee woos) I'm into it. Hopefully the full length has heavier moments, maybe some bleghs, and not so many wee woos.

20200902_221303.jpg

I knew this site would be mixed af on this lol. I'm sure they will still be heavy, this falls into "not as heavy but still good" tp me. Not quite as bad as it can be, here's hoping it's just variation in sound to add to their heavy mix!

Best Architects song don't @ me 

• Haha 3
  • Ban 3

I'ma be honest - with Daybreaker as my fav album of theirs, their sound has been getting a bit too straightforward for me with the last few releases, so far to say that I wasn't that big of a fan of Holy Hell. One thing that was sure though is that they always kept delivering well thought-out, proggy riffs that I still mostly enjoyed, and I didn't expect them to stray from that formula.

With this song though... I'm sorry to say, but I just can't get myself to like it. Verse sounds chunky, but that's it for me. Vocals are - subjectively though - a step down for me, since Sam ditches screams in this one altogether. Some folks here claim that it would be a step up instrumentally, but I'm wondering, by how? Where's the proggy riffs? Where's the lead guitar? Instead, we got a chorus layered with the standard deadbeat vocal-like electronics heard a thousand times before. That's a big downfall for me.

I really hope this is just a one-shot radio tune to promote their new album...

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Song's good, nothing amazing.

Reminds me of some industrial VK mixed with bmth or something. I swear there's a song somewhere in my library that sounds very similar though. It's like I've definitely heard this before.

Also feels like they ran out of backlog Tom riffs to use sometime halfway Holy Hell and this is what it evolved into.

Song is an absolute bop, glad they tried something different instead of trying to recreate All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us for the 3rd time... of course it's gonna get shat on though for not being heavy

• Upvote 1

I actually love it.

Excited for the rest of the album. 

Pre-orders are up on their website!

Tracklist

Do You Dream Of Armageddon?

Black Lungs

Giving Blood

Discourse Is Dead

Dead Butterflies

An Ordinary Extinction

Impermanence

Flight Without Feathers

Little Wonder

Animal

Libertin

Goliat

Demi God

Meteo

Dying Is Absolutely Safe

Happy it's a longer release.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, mcyates35 said:

Song is an absolute bop, glad they tried something different instead of trying to recreate All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us for the 3rd time... of course it's gonna get shat on though for not being heavy

Maybe it can help the heavy=good crowd mature a bit 

• Love 1

FULL TRACKLISTING (W/ TOTAL RUNTIME) (RELEASE DATE 26/2/21)

1. Do You Dream Of Armageddon? - 1:38
2. Black Lungs - 3:51
3. Giving Blood - 3:32
4. Discourse Is Dead - 3:46
5. Dead Butterflies - 4:02
6. An Ordinary Extinction - 4:07
7. Impermanence - 4:02
8. Flight Without Feathers - 3:48
9. Little Wonder - 3:47
10. Animals - 4:04
11. Libertine - 4:01
12. Goliath - 4:17
13. Demi God - 4:26
14. Meteor - 4:01
15. Dying Is Absolutely Safe - 4:59

TOTAL RUNTIME: 58:21

GUEST FEATURES: Winston McCall (Parkway Drive), Mike Kerr (Royal Blood), Simon Neil (Biffy Clyro)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

klbanneredo-min.png

On 10/20/2020 at 3:40 AM, Cheesuz_Crisp said:

Source?

Their Facebook page and it was in the credits on YouTube for the music video. It comes out feb 26 2021

These mumbled cleans that appear twice are so awesome, I'm awfully hooked. 

track list with the guest features

Tracklisting:
1. Do You Dream of Armageddon?
2. Black Lungs
3. Giving Blood
4. Discourse Is Dead
5. Dead Butterflies
6. An Ordinary Extinction
7. Impermanence (feat. Winston McCall of Parkway Drive)
8. Flight Without Feathers
9. Little Wonder (feat. Mike Kerr of Royal Blood)
10. Animals
11. Libertine
12. Goliath (feat. Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro)
13. Demi God
14. Meteor
15. Dying Is Absolutely Safe

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, cmoney8604 said:

track list with the guest features

Tracklisting:
1. Do You Dream of Armageddon?
2. Black Lungs
3. Giving Blood
4. Discourse Is Dead
5. Dead Butterflies
6. An Ordinary Extinction
7. Impermanence (feat. Winston McCall of Parkway Drive)
8. Flight Without Feathers
9. Little Wonder (feat. Mike Kerr of Royal Blood)
10. Animals
11. Libertine
12. Goliath (feat. Simon Neil of Biffy Clyro)
13. Demi God
14. Meteor
15. Dying Is Absolutely Safe

C “the news” money back at it again, only on KL they put the same track listing up three times in a row lmao

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

What was that?! Is this new Architects' sound?! Never thought they would become another labeled bitch and follow "MODERN" & "POPULAR" tunes.

This downgrade is even worse than the one of Northlane (they still have extreme vocals at least and sound something like KING 810 now). But this... After their last 3 or 4 albums this sounds just some fashionable modern industrial shit mixed with Slipknot snares.

No breakdowns (except my heart's one), no screams (except me listening to it), no progressive riffs and even progressiveness! 

AND WHERE'RE THE BLEGHS???

One of the most unique bands just lost it's uniqueness in a single blow. Even the lyrics are not as great as on previous albums. Really hope this is the ONLY RADIO TRACK.

Is it the fate of all cool British bands? First Asking Alexandria, then BMTH, now Architects...

I know my opinion does not matter anything to anyone. I know that I'm just whining. But right now I am so much disappointed... :cry:

P.S. I don't think they should keep the very same sound on and on but changes like this make me feel uncomfortable. And I also listen to a various number of genres but still their sound from 2011-2018 was one of my favorite among all the stuff I've been listening in my life.

5.jpg

It's good but not amazing. I do love Sam's vocals in this though. I am totally for it if this is like a one-off track on the album. If there's no heavy bangers like Naysayer and Death is not Defeat on this album though I'll be writing the band off. This just don't vibe with me. I need that classic Architects heaviness and those iconic blegh's.

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

You know when you hear a melody that is so similar to a melody in another song it kind of ruins it? That's kind if how I am with this song. Everytime I hear it I also hear The Sound of Breathing by I The Mighty

20200902_221303.jpg

Song is better after a couple of listens, keen to see how the rest of the album pans out.

I can see the BMTH kind of similarity...but doesn't have the cringey parts.

And Sam doesn't need Jordan to pull it off live

• Upvote 2

The song def grows on you after a few listen. Would've loved more raw tho.

I can only imagine how the beginning will slap live. (not knowing when that'll be is so hard rn)

the are doing a paid live stream november 21.

also someone from a different site who reviews albums who actually has heard this in full says its heavy as fuck

Buttrock? Thats a new one

• Confused 1

On 10/21/2020 at 6:17 PM, David_Chozet said:

What the hell is buttrock lol?giphy.gif

The term buttrock comes from rock radio stations that would have slogans that would be something like "NOTHING BUT ROCK." And eventually it became a derogatory term for shallow radio rock.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

20200902_221303.jpg

Been on vacation so just getting to listen, and on first listen I am stoked for a style change but theres nothing here that doesnt feel like radio metal. No stand out parts, Nothing that makes me go whoa or bang my head. I knew the logical next step was going to be a much more melodic album, but Im hoping this is just a single I wont really enjoy, a la royal beggars. Excited for the full album and architects live is always worth it. 

• Downvote 1

Thank fucking god they're switching it up. This is actually enjoyable, coming from someone who doesnt like any song by them lol

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

Finally got around to listening to this. I like it much better than their past couple albums that sounded samey to me. I know there was loads of emotion and grief but to me, his screams/growls always sounded 1-note to me. 

Like the fluctuation in note wasn't as noticeable or attention grabbing as say another vocalist from the same genre like FFAK or ABR or even WCAR. 

That's not to say it was bad by any means. In fact Architects has always been my Metalcore Moby Dick. I know they're a huge beast, but I just couldn't get into them like everyone else did.

Maybe I'll give em another shot after all these years. After all I still have their song 'Even If You Win, You're Still A Rat' on my phone, and now 'Animals'.

I know the normal listeners that are wanting essentially more of the same from them, I really dig this Quakecore Synth/beatdown vibe. Gives me BMTH 'Ludens' vibes with alarms and synths that sound right out of Death Stranding.

Very atmospheric and I love it. And vocally this was a fun time. Listened to this on repeat as I typed this out. Nodding and bobbing my head everytime it got to that gritty quake quad damage sounding bridge/breakdown.

I know this will likely get downvoted because I like this but hey, it's making me wanna give Architects another go, and highly anticipate an album a song like this might be on.

• Love 1

On 10/21/2020 at 3:06 AM, Summers said:

C “the news” money back at it again, only on KL they put the same track listing up three times in a row lmao

If that's a legit track listing I'd be hyped. Not enough bands feature Winston when he's got great vocals that stand out too. And Simon Neil would be cool af as I love me some Biffy Clyro.