All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
desk

Architects - Animals [Single] (2020)

121 posts in this topic

This is an okay song as long as it's not the same writing style as the rest of the album. Reminds me of newer Being As An Ocean in good and bad ways at the same time lol. 

That being said this sounds really well produced and I'm excited to possibly hear some more intricate songs in this style with this production. 

Other Releases by

This is different but really good

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

I'm not going to make out this song to be amazing, but you know, I like it. It's catchy in the right ways and I love the synths throughout. I doubt this is what Architects are going to sound like completely and it's going to sound even better in the album context next to all of the heavier jams on it. Architects still has a lot of substance here and that's what's important for me, even if it's very simple for them.

• Upvote 3

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Alright this is already growing on me. Just hoping for melodic screaming and especially better lyrics on the album. These lyrics are pretty cliche and seem meaningless

Architects have always been one of my most favourite bands, but this is fucking garbage. It's nothing but a weak BMTH cover of a song they probably released three years ago.

They're wasting the talent they have in the band by turning into a tribute band. The song is generic and dull, has no cool riffs, vocals are turgid and they've obviously tried to go for a BMTH style anthemic song bit totally missed the mark. 

Fucking terrible. Rest of the album better not be like this. How can they go from the last release to this crap. Bloody hell.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 5

It's different from their normal stuff but this is honestly fantastic. Great vocals, great guitar tone and riff. I wouldn't mind a song or two like this on the album at all. 

PSP JEsus.gif

Bring Me Kingdom Siamese of The Horizon Giants by Architects and godly Nolly:

SSvfjvv.jpg

Sam has gained some weight again and he is not just sad anymore, he looks angry. (it's like his right eye is sad but the left one is angry, so cool)
Instrumentally this song is everything you need to delete your house, I absolutely adore the way he sounds here.
That whispering in the beginning, the intro, and the bass after that (I swear I know this from somewhere else) are so fucking delicious, also that breakdown makes me move like a helicopter propeller.
Even if they use zero screams in FTTWTE, they will be like countless times better than Asking Alexandria and I like Asking Alexandria?!
This is crazy good, I don't see how someone always triggers when a band releases a song without heavy vocals. (still in 2020, gee) Be open-minded and give it a chance. The song grows on you without a question, maybe not immediately as with me but it will.
Another album about people's actions around the Covid-19 situation(?), the world as a whole(?), and how pathetic some creatures are in times like this(?). For sure I will be blown away.
Don't even think for a full Architects album like this. (nothing bad in that) I love that Coming Home cover art though.

M E S M E R I Z I N G

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Keen to hear this.

Last album was garbage, so it can only be up from there.

Hoping for a return to form...

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, Exsanguination45 said:

Keen to hear this.

Last album was garbage, so it can only be up from there.

Hoping for a return to form...

Uh, it sure can't...

I’ve never been a huge fan of these guys but this song sounds quite refreshing considering their last three albums have all sounded the same. I’m definitely interested to see what else they come up with for the new record

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

23 minutes ago, Jinn said:

Bring Me Kingdom Siamese of The Horizon Giants by Architects and godly Nolly:

SSvfjvv.jpg

Sam has gained some weight again and he is not just sad anymore, he looks angry. (it's like his right eye is sad but the left one is angry, so cool)
Instrumentally this song is everything you need to delete your house, I absolutely adore the way he sounds here.
That whispering in the beginning, the intro, and the bass after that (I swear I know this from somewhere else) are so fucking delicious, also that breakdown makes me move like a helicopter propeller.
Even if they use zero screams in FTTWTE, they will be like countless times better than Asking Alexandria and I like Asking Alexandria?!
This is crazy good, I don't see how someone always triggers when a band releases a song without heavy vocals. (still in 2020, gee) Be open-minded and give it a chance. The song grows on you without a question, maybe not immediately as with me but it will.
Another album about people's actions around the Covid-19 situation(?), the world as a whole(?), and how pathetic some creatures are in times like this(?). For sure I will be blown away.
Don't even think for a full Architects album like this. (nothing bad in that) I love that Coming Home cover art though.

M E S M E R I Z I N G

You lost me after the first sentence lol

• Upvote 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

This is wonderful!! Glad Sam is back to full cleans. I am here for this. Another album full of nothing but pitch yelling could have been boring honestly. Y'all can't possibly want the same record over and over but who am I kidding? Of course you do lmao.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lonestar said:

This is wonderful!! Glad Sam is back to full cleans. I am here for this. Another album full of nothing but pitch yelling could have been boring honestly. Y'all can't possibly want the same record over and over but who am I kidding? Of course you do lmao.

Holy Hell was the sound of something beaten to death tbh

• Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Summers said:

You lost me after the first sentence lol

I lost myself too to be honest, but you can't deny that the riffs in the beginning sound like some parts in Passenger and the synths are similar to Siamese or I'm just retarded right now and I can't make the difference. ;D

Holy Hell was good, but I did miss the more aggressive side of their sound a bit. Honestly don't think they've released an album less than good yet and I say that as someone whose favorite Architects album is Hollow Crown.

• Upvote 2

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

12 minutes ago, Exsanguination45 said:

Holy Hell was the sound of something beaten to death tbh

I'm all for the melodic pitch yelling because Sam is pretty much the king at it....but there comes a point where it all begins to sound the same. This track is an extreme breath of fresh air. Anyone comparing this to Three Days Grace is a fucking retard and I mean that.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

I love their core sound, but FUCK I’m happy they’re taking it a new direction 

I really, really like this, excited to see what else they’re cooking up 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

yeah epic

These guys needed a chance of pace and this is great!!!!

• Upvote 1

Tragic

I’m not going to overreact, it’s alright. Not great, not bad. I’ll be interested to hear it in the grand scheme of the album. Not quite what I’m looking for out of them, but it is at least a little refreshing. 

Comin from someone who has tried listening to this band several times before and can't get into them, this single makes me want to try at least 1 more time because this is definitely a banger.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Click ^ to see reviews.

This is definitely different, but I still like it. Both this and some "regular" Architects is welcome on the new album.

BigBadBrownie Kingdom Leaks.gif

I really don't mind this? Like, I've loved Architects since Hollow Crown and obviously this deep into their discography they were bound to experiment more. It's not some amazing Architects-esk core banger but honestly I dig it. Super radio friendly; which I figure is fine for a single. Now whether or not this song is an indication of their sound moving forward and how this single fits into the grand scheme of the album is yet to be determined. Was NOT expecting to wake up to a new Architects track, though. Regardless of whether or not I love this album or not hoping them nothing but success moving forward!

• Upvote 1

Yeeeeesss! Finally! I knew that was comin' i've always been a fan of their instrumentals, but the screams, not so much. I think that's a perfect fit for them. I can understand why many will be disappointed, and that's totally understandable, but i think Architects were one fo the bands that needed to switch their sound a bit.

STYGKL_1.gif

architects experimenting? cool

architects doing the absolute bare minimum for their songwriting? jesus fucking christ this is boring as helllllllllllllllllll

• Upvote 1

Eh, its ok.

I really like the tone and it's not a bad song... just not where I wanted this band to go. We don't need another Bring Me The Horizon. 

They finally made something different ! I got so bored from that "Architects sound" that I basically stopped caring about this band, and, damn, that's a good surprise ! I get that BMTHesque vibe everyone is talking about, and I'm not complaining at all.

Solid track, makes me want to listen to the album.

I'm personally ready for Sam's Deftones influence to shed some light. We could be in for a pleasant surprise with this one.

• Upvote 2

Man i know where they were trying to do with that breakdown but the way they cut the guitars made it hit like a wet noodle. Good effort, but not quite on the mark for me.

jpUJCRq.gif

Can't wait for Metalcore bands to steal this songs riff

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1