Sign in to follow this  
967-EVIL

Owsey - Atlas And The Cruel World (2020)

3 posts in this topic

cover.jpg

Leaked
Release - October 23, 2020

Genre - Electronic, Ambient

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR (Transcode)

Tracklist:

01. I Wish I Could Talk To You, One Last Time (01:47)
02. It's A Cruel World (But You Took Me Away From It All) (04:04)
03. Can You Hear Me Now (03:30)
04. I Seem To Find You In Everything (03:59)
05. For The Dreams That Have Faded (01:59)
06. I Had A Friend (03:38)
07. There Was No Love Left In Me (03:39)
08. Watching Her From Afar (03:45)
09. 27 Dreams (04:13)
10. Atlas And The Cruel World (05:04)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

johnny booth.gif

I found out about Owsey's music this year and first impressions were 'enjoyable but pretty standard fare'.

But man, it only took like 2 more listens and To The Children easily became my favorite album so far this year. Saying it's transcending is probably cliche, but that's the closest I can describe it.

So I'm really curious if this one will be able to topple such high expectations. 

On 10/17/2020 at 12:26 AM, ggl3dde said:

I found out about Owsey's music this year and first impressions were 'enjoyable but pretty standard fare'.

But man, it only took like 2 more listens and To The Children easily became my favorite album so far this year. Saying it's transcending is probably cliche, but that's the closest I can describe it.

So I'm really curious if this one will be able to topple such high expectations. 

Well it's definitely Owsey yet somehow very different. I didn't expect such a heavy vocal presence, especially one so insanely talented.  I assumed he just used a bunch of random vocal samples, but I'm pretty sure now it's all his own vocals. In some ways, this LP is a bit narrow in scope - perhaps even a one note album.  But in others, it feels like variations of a single theme. 

A bit more shakeups with instrumentals/electronics could have broken up some of the sameness - esp. since there were like 3-- no, actually 10 (!) -- singles that surprisingly didn't make it on this album.  So it seems very much intentional. 

But my gut feeling is this one hits higher highs and lower lows than To The Children.